Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: newbie seeking for serious advice

Question newbie seeking for serious advice

Hi
    I am as new of newbie can be. Need your help and or advice. Here's my situation:

I am not a newbie when it comes to smoking cigars, been doing that and enjoying them immensely (specially at golf courses) for almost 40 years.

Been there, done that type of a deal. No, I still do not know everything, that is why i need you guidance.

I was blessed with my second large Heart surgery recently (Quadruple By-pass) I was told that this time, you will no longer smoke anything, period!!

Talking about being hit by a Mack truck, one of the only things that I truly enjoyed; however. I am stuck now with an original box of:
    "Partagas 150-Don Ramon" 7 left out of ten, each obviously in it's own coffin also, perfectly kept in large table top Humidor.

"What do I do with them?
    You all know how expensive they are!! My question is: who & how do I sell them?
    Your feedback is greatly appreciated;
    Sincerely;
    Anthony

I debated on whether or not this might be spam. I'm thinking perhaps you are legitimate. However, I do want to caution you - this is not eBay, Amazon, Craigslist - or any site set up specifically to sell cigars. It is a community of cigar enthusiasts that happen to buy cigars.

Proceed with caution...

Default Is this a test?

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    I debated on whether or not this might be spam. I'm thinking perhaps you are legitimate. However, I do want to caution you - this is not eBay, Amazon, Craigslist - or any site set up specifically to sell cigars. It is a community of cigar enthusiasts that happen to buy cigars.

Proceed with caution...
    This is as legitimate as you can get it. I do not play games that people play. I tell it the way it is.
    I am well aware that everyone has an opinion, then what ever it is it will be!!!!
    I did not think you needed to proceed with caution in order to ask for advice?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lessonlearned View Post
    This is as legitimate as you can get it. I do not play games that people play. I tell it the way it is.
    I am well aware that everyone has an opinion, then what ever it is it will be!!!!
    I did not think you needed to proceed with caution in order to ask for advice?
    It's typical that seeking advice on selling cigars precedes the actual attempt of selling said cigars. I believe the caution was pointed at the potential attempt to sell. I think everyone here would echo that advice, "proceed with caution".

Blog Entries

Sorry to hear about your circumstances, I'm sure it must suck.

There are sites out there specifically designed to buy/sell cigars, unlike this one which is intended to be a community of cigar smokers united by a common passion, yadda yadda.

My advice would be for you to find one of those buy/sell sites and ask an experienced member there how to determine the value of the cigars you have to sell, and then sell them and be done with it. The cigars you mention in your post aren't as easy to value as regular production stuff, but I'm sure you already know that.

Good luck.

Default It is not an attempt, it is reality

Quote Originally Posted by kingbeefy View Post
    It's typical that seeking advice on selling cigars precedes the actual attempt of selling said cigars. I believe the caution was pointed at the potential attempt to sell. I think everyone here would echo that advice, "proceed with caution".
    What would you do if you found out that you were in the same predicament that I am in.
    I just recenlty joined, and all that i have experienced thus far instead of friendly advice is nothing but to proceed with caution.
    Listen, If translating looking for advice is going to become scrutiny and Psycho-analysis, this is not worth it.

Default Best answer thus far, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    Sorry to hear about your circumstances, I'm sure it must suck.

There are sites out there specifically designed to buy/sell cigars, unlike this one which is intended to be a community of cigar smokers united by a common passion, yadda yadda.

My advice would be for you to find one of those buy/sell sites and ask an experienced member there how to determine the value of the cigars you have to sell, and then sell them and be done with it. The cigars you mention in your post aren't as easy to value as regular production stuff, but I'm sure you already know that.

Good luck.
    That is all that i was seeking, yes it does suck pertaining to my challenges; however I will deal with them, that is my problem.
    I do appreciate your friendly answer.

Default Addendum

That is all that i was seeking, yes it does suck pertaining to my challenges; however I will deal with them, that is my problem.
    I do appreciate your friendly answer.
    By the way ashauler, check out this site: they are selling for $5,000 for a count of 10. This is not a joke. Thanks

http://www.cigarsdirect.com/productc...dcategory=1517

Blog Entries

By the way ashauler, check out this site: they are selling for $5,000 for a count of 10. This is not a joke. Thanks

http://www.cigarsdirect.com/productc...dcategory=1517
    You should have left the link to that place out of your post. I'm acquainted with that site....and, um, their completely reasonable pricing structure.

You have what you came for, so, good luck with your health, and your cigar marketing, adios.
    Last edited by ashauler; 11-01-2013 at 02:57 PM.

Blog Entries

What would you do if you found out that you were in the same predicament that I am in.
    I just recenlty joined, and all that i have experienced thus far instead of friendly advice is nothing but to proceed with caution.
    Listen, If translating looking for advice is going to become scrutiny and Psycho-analysis, this is not worth it.
    I seriously wasn't trying to give you a hard time, just trying to further explain why you might be told to proceed with caution. Just about anywhere you go on the web, taking time to let members get to know you will go a long way to successfully finding buyers. I don't envy your situation and I wish you the best of luck in moving your cigars.

Default Very professionally stated. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by kingbeefy View Post
    I seriously wasn't trying to give you a hard time, just trying to further explain why you might be told to proceed with caution. Just about anywhere you go on the web, taking time to let members get to know you will go a long way to successfully finding buyers. I don't envy your situation and I wish you the best of luck in moving your cigars.
    I feel like a new man already. Thanks for your candor, much appreciated.

12. Default

If you are not hurting for money, I would give one to each of my 7 closest friends. If you can't enjoy them, the second best would be watching friends enjoy them.

13. Default

Hate to tell you but Partagas hyped the shit out of these cigars...Not worth more than $10 IMHO. I smoked several. Would rather have a Partagas #10 any day. By the way you should enjoy one more of them...I would.
    Last edited by cigarsarge; 11-01-2013 at 11:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoopy View Post
    If you are not hurting for money, I would give one to each of my 7 closest friends. If you can't enjoy them, the second best would be watching friends enjoy them.
    I'll take it one step further, as we all could use a couple more dollars in our pockets...

Give them to seven people who would truly enjoy them. That's worth far more than the few dollars you'd get from them. That kind of kind act does a heart good.

I wish I would have seen this post first... Interesting response... Here's my advice (you asked, I'm going to help)

My friend - I happen to care about the membership here. Maybe you do too. Maybe not. I dunno.

The Nigerians have a special word - "mugu". Just to be clear - I'm not a mugu and I'm going to do my level best to ensure that the members of this community are not mugu. If you're truly legit, you'll have no problems with our community. Please proceed with caution.
    Last edited by ggiese; 11-02-2013 at 12:01 AM.

Blog Entries

Hi
    I am as new of newbie can be. Need your help and or advice. Here's my situation:

I am not a newbie when it comes to smoking cigars, been doing that and enjoying them immensely (specially at golf courses) for almost 40 years.

Been there, done that type of a deal. No, I still do not know everything, that is why i need you guidance.

I was blessed with my second large Heart surgery recently (Quadruple By-pass) I was told that this time, you will no longer smoke anything, period!!

Talking about being hit by a Mack truck, one of the only things that I truly enjoyed; however. I am stuck now with an original box of:
    "Partagas 150-Don Ramon" 7 left out of ten, each obviously in it's own coffin also, perfectly kept in large table top Humidor.

"What do I do with them?
    You all know how expensive they are!! My question is: who & how do I sell them?
    Your feedback is greatly appreciated;
    Sincerely;
    Anthony
    Here:

Partagas 150s? OMG. 7 cigars? That's the moment the doc tells you no? Bullshit.

Dude, just smoke them against doctor's orders and be done.
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Default I would love too, believe me.

Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Here:

Partagas 150s? OMG. 7 cigars? That's the moment the doc tells you no? Bullshit.

Dude, just smoke them against doctor's orders and be done.
    I really did not want to share my dirty laundry publicly, but this By-pass was unexpected and really took a toll on me, however; I swear i must be cursed, I was just operated on less than 3 years ago for Cancer (Survivor & optimist).
    unfortunately I hate to agree with the doctor, this time, he is right.
    I really truly enjoy a good cigar. As they say all good things must come to an end. Thank you for your support: smiley20:

Default Your loyalty is admirable

I wish I would have seen this post first... Interesting response... Here's my advice (you asked, I'm going to help)

My friend - I happen to care about the membership here. Maybe you do too. Maybe not. I dunno.

The Nigerians have a special word - "mugu". Just to be clear - I'm not a mugu and I'm going to do my level best to ensure that the members of this community are not mugu. If you're truly legit, you'll have no problems with our community. Please proceed with caution.
    I truly understand. I don't keep mugus in my family. Have a great day

Default Yes the hype was high

Quote Originally Posted by cigarsarge View Post
    Hate to tell you but Partagas hyped the shit out of these cigars...Not worth more than $10 IMHO. I smoked several. Would rather have a Partagas #10 any day. By the way you should enjoy one more of them...I would.
    As you well know, they are truly amazing and rare though. Time will tell & is a good healer.
    Thanks

Thumbs up it is not all about the money

I'll take it one step further, as we all could use a couple more dollars in our pockets...

Give them to seven people who would truly enjoy them. That's worth far more than the few dollars you'd get from them. That kind of kind act does a heart good.
    I might end up doing just that.
    I just hate to waste them, and as you well know all people think that they are true cigar aficionados are really not, and normally do not even know the proper way to even light a cigar never mind Lighting a cigar with gusto. Ne crain de rien.
    Thanks

Thread Information