Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Turbolags Very Own Thread to Discuss His Business Venture

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    I had an improperly selected, marginally lit and completely incorrectly smoked PLPC with my morning coffee.
    Aw, that's a shame. I was having the same problems until just recently. There's a link to an exceptional article around here somewhere. It helped me tremendously. If I can find it, I'll point you in the right direction. Please don't give up, cigars really are a novelty worthy of much practice and study.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreekTitan View Post
    Aw, that's a shame. I was having the same problems until just recently. There's a link to an exceptional article around here somewhere. It helped me tremendously. If I can find it, I'll point you in the right direction. Please don't give up, cigars really are a novelty worthy of much practice and study.
    I accidentally cut a double corona into two individual corona's last night with a pizza cutter. So, I would like to see that article as well if you can find it. I'm hoping there may be something about cutting there that could help me.

TIA

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    Wow... Just wow... I would have to say - consistently the Padron 1926 (particularly the Maduro) is hands down one of the best cigars you're going to smoke in the "more reasonable" price range (excluding the more ungodly expensive, impossible to find cigars).

I'm not quite sure what your effort is focused on with this cigar smoking venture. Perhaps we need some clarification. In my view, if your effort is going to be to be a SME of less than $5.00 cigars - I believe you'll find the market is completely flooded with "experts" and competition will be very tight. If your desire is to be considered an "authority" on cigar smoking and you don't want to spend the "coin", you may want to consider putting your efforts towards a different venture.

Now - if you REALLY want a smoking thrill pick up some Davidoff's (I recommend the Maduro R and the Anniversario #1). Smoke a Rocky Patel Edge - and then smoke the Davidoff Maduro R. Compare and contrast to get a sense of the differences between the two and why it would be more "coin" for the Maduro R. That would be a worthwhile exercise on your quest...
    I'll work on picking up a 1926. Been wanting to try one.

I had a Rocky Patel Edge for my birthday a couple months ago.

I have been wanting to try the Davidoff line also. Really want to try the Davidoff 3000.

Yes I know what you mean about the market being saturated. I really don't know if it will work or not. There are many youtube videos and bloggers out there.

So what's gonna make someone check out my website when they can go to youtube etc?

I wanted to pick a "niche" that was my hobby and I really enjoyed, but there is quite a bit of info out there on this topic. So I may have to change. I'm not sure yet. I'll give it a couple months and see.

Quote Originally Posted by kingbeefy View Post
    I accidentally cut a double corona into two individual corona's last night with a pizza cutter. So, I would like to see that article as well if you can find it. I'm hoping there may be something about cutting there that could help me.

TIA

Hmmmm... You cut the cigar with a cutter, right? And I think you left the cap intact, right?

I don't see what the problem is...

Quote Originally Posted by Turbolag View Post
    So what's gonna make someone check out my website when they can go to youtube etc?

Once the consumer learns to optimize their smoking experience, it can be very enjoyable and a fun hobby to take part.

Once the consumer learns to optimize their smoking experience, it can be very enjoyable and a fun hobby to take part.
    I think that's copy right infringement.... I'll let it slide though.

Oh and its the truth....

I think that's copy right infringement.... I'll let it slide though.

Oh and its the truth....
    So is "Relative Humidity...is the ratio of the partial pressure of water vapor in an air-water mixture to the saturated vapor pressure of water at a prescribed temperature. The relative humidity of air depends on temperature and the pressure of the system of interest" - word for word without giving proper credit (as required by terms of service).

...if you're gonna do it - you gotta do it right.

But Kudo's to you for at least understanding copyright infringement could be problematic...
    Last edited by ggiese; 11-19-2013 at 11:48 PM.

9. Default

Holy shit this is a clusterfuck deluxe. I have been smoking cigars on and off since about 1983 or so. I am by no means an expert and never think I will be one. I am pretty knowledgeable on them but every time I get together with my cigar buddies I learn something new. If you want to be a part of the community thats great but come here to flog your blog with it's 13 cents worth of knowledge and I can guarantee a epic hella failure
    The older I get ,the better I was

Quote Originally Posted by kevin7 View Post
    If you want to be a part of the community thats great but come here to flog your blog with it's 13 cents worth of knowledge and I can guarantee a epic hella failure
    You do realize there is a place in your profile for your own website ?

And your signature can be whatever you want.

I'm not doing anything wrong.

AND.... my website does not compete with this website at all because this is a forum and mine is a content website.

Do this.... go to google and type in cigar smoking for beginners...... this website doesn't even come up. Because its a forum.

To find this website you have to type in " Cigar smoking + forum".

So there is no need to feel threatened or think I'm spamming. Because my site and this site are totally different.

No one is gonna go to my site and never come back to this one because you cant post threads or anything on mine, just comments.

And I agree with you Kevin, I don't really feel super confident either, but hey .... at least I'm trying. You have to try.

If no one tried, then no websites or businesses would get built.
    Last edited by Turbolag; 11-19-2013 at 08:16 PM.

Please, allow me.

You do realize there is a place in your profile for your own website ?

You do realize, he's been here almost 10 years. I think he understands this place a slight bit better than you. But you on the other hand just joined and despite being politely told on several occasions that it's in bad taste, continue to argue your "right" to have it there..

And your signature can be whatever you want.

What a childish and ignorant comment.

I'm not doing anything wrong.

Actually, you're doing quite a bit wrong, you're just too dense to realize it.

AND.... my website does not compete with this website at all because this is a forum and mine is a content website.

AND...your website is pitiful.

Do this.... go to google and type in cigar smoking for beginners...... this website doesn't even come up. Because its a forum.

Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!

To find this website you have to type in " Cigar smoking + forum".

So there is no need to feel threatened or think I'm spamming. Because my site and this site are totally different.

Threatened? No. ..... Annoyed? You bet!

No one is gonna go to my site and never come back to this one because you cant post threads or anything on mine, just comments.

First thing you've said that I agree with...the bold part that is.

And I agree with you Kevin, I don't really feel super confident either, but hey .... at least I'm trying. You have to try.

Deal with your own insecurities.

Good luck with your business.
    From your previous posts, I realize now you need direct and concise direction. My replies are in red.

12. Default

Ahh so eloquently put,I like it.
    The older I get ,the better I was

Oh, boy... This just speaks volumes about where you're at... Following this logic, all we have to do is to "try" to be successful in jumping into a lake... But - perhaps you're not taking into consideration it might not be a good idea to do that at 3 am, naked, when the water temp is 35 degrees...

Look - I admire your courage, but apparently you do not possess what it takes to be successful. Seriously - if your business plan is to put up a website and post poorly written content about a subject you're not familiar with (fer cripes sake - within the last 30 days you found out there was something called a tobacco beetle and it could ruin your cigars!). ...and then follow the guidance of an SEO "expert" advice by posting the website link in your sigtag at an established cigar community to monetize this website? C'mon - seriously - what planet are you from?

I don't want to discourage you from doing a noble thing, but it's difficult to watch someone walk on the RR tracks wearing a headset with his back to a train traveling at 100 mph (147 ft/sec) less than 150 feet away.

Please, allow me.

From your previous posts, I realize now you need direct and concise direction. My replies are in red.
    My website is pitiful ? Where is your website? Please share.

Look - I admire your courage, but apparently you do not possess what it takes to be successful. Seriously - if your business plan is to put up a website and post poorly written content about a subject you're not familiar with (fer cripes sake - within the last 30 days you found out there was something called a tobacco beetle and it could ruin your cigars!). ...and then follow the guidance of an SEO "expert" advice by posting the website link in your sigtag at an established cigar community to monetize this website? C'mon - seriously - what planet are you from?

I don't want to discourage you from doing a noble thing, but it's difficult to watch someone walk on the RR tracks wearing a headset with his back to a train traveling at 100 mph (147 ft/sec) less than 150 feet away.
    Ok, so how about you help a newbie out ?

Blog Entries

Ok, so how about you help a newbie out ?
    What kind of "help" are you asking for?

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    What kind of "help" are you asking for?
    If you feel up to it, maybe proof read my content before I submit it and offer suggestions ?

In return, I can post a link to this website on my website to help get more traffic here.

And no I'm not saying it "needs" more traffic. Just saying, it can help get more. Not that it needs more or doesn't have enough.

Blog Entries

If you feel up to it, maybe proof read my content before I submit it and offer suggestions ?

In return, I can post a link to this website on my website to help get more traffic here.

And no I'm not saying it "needs" more traffic. Just saying, it can help get more. Not that it needs more or doesn't have enough.
    Have you taken any writing classes? IMO, you need much more assistance than simple proof reading can provide.

First thing you should do is know what you're writing about so that you can give solid advice.

What did you think of these two sticks ? I've been wanting to pick both of these up, just didn't wanna spend the coin on the first one.

What are their flavors like ?

2 a day is my limit. Anymore and I don't feel so well.

I found that out about a month ago.
    The 1926 is an extremely good cigar. But then I feel that's true for all Padron's.

The CAO Brazillia Maduro was a decent smoke but it ran badly down one side while smoking it. This meant constant touch-ups and less enjoyment for me. I have one more of those and if it burns properly, I think I'll enjoy it a lot.
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

Quote Originally Posted by CptnBlues63 View Post
    The 1926 is an extremely good cigar. But then I feel that's true for all Padron's.

The CAO Brazillia Maduro was a decent smoke but it ran badly down one side while smoking it. This meant constant touch-ups and less enjoyment for me. I have one more of those and if it burns properly, I think I'll enjoy it a lot.
    I had the inconsistent burn happen a couple cigars ago..... every 5 minutes I was touching it up.

When the burn only goes down one side like that, is it because of surrounding conditions like wind? Or is it just the construction of the cigar ?

I think I'll check C Bid for some Padrons.

Thread Information