Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does my humidor really suck this bad?

Quote Originally Posted by Shelby07 View Post
    Never been a big fan of glass humidors. The wood inside of a humidor absorbs water and buffers the moisture. If you're absolutely set on trying to keep it wrap the whole humidor in a plastic trash bag and see if the humidity stabilizes in a week or so. If it does you have a leaky humidor. Take the cigars out and leave the humidor in the trash bag.
    I'm right on board with this suggestion!

Don't confuse "cheap" with "reasonably priced" There's a big difference between the two. I have two reasonably priced humidors - neither of them are cheap (at least I did not need to work on fixing the seals on either when I bought them). And if you're looking to spend no more than $50 - Tupperware works great! If you get a big enough Tupperware container, you can even store the cigars in cigar boxes. Absolutely no need to worry about the seal on that... ::

Blog Entries

Yep.....coolerdor.

3. Default

Well - I "sealed" the plexiglass with scotch tape and put in the humicare beads and the regular humidifier puck both filled with distilled water, in addition to the 7 boveda 72% RH packs.

It seems each day the RH has been going up. Right now it's 70*F and 70% RH.

Thread Information