Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Entertainment Reviews and Discusion (Movies, Music, Games, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by illilli View Post
    My iPod is on shuffle for about 275 songs. It's an ecclectic mix of Rush, Styx, Carpenters, REO, Bush, Pearl Jam, Phil Collins, Genesis, Yes, Cars, Journey, The Barry's (White and Manilow...I swear I can explain this...maybe), Red Hot Chili Peppers, Smash Mouth, Head East (Yes, one song, but noteworthy), Glen Campbell, BOC, BTO, ELO, Asia, Tubes, Airplane/Starship, Beatles, Chicago, and on and on and on...

I put songs on that remind me of things, so some are possibly strange to the on-listener.

I didn't really get into pong. I played asteroids at the arcade when it was black and white. At home, I played those complex strategy games that came in a box. The only problem was that I couldn't find anyone to play them with me, so you guessed it...just like everything else, I played with myself. I also made up my own games that I played for several years.

I usually play Diablo solo. I'm just playing it casually and when I have a few moments, which is maybe an hour here or there each week. I'm glad there is someone else into that sort of thing, though; we'll have to plan to get together sometime online after the holidays.

Geez - you guys keep talking like this and you're going to be called geezers! LOL

BTW - way back (way, WAY back) I was appliance manager at K-Mart. One Christmas we gave away the original Pong game with a purchase of a new TV. I'm quite certain more than one customer cursed us for the "burn in". LOL

...and I used to love to play Stratego and Risk board games. Haven't touched either in over 30 years...

Blog Entries

Here are the top 10 most played songs on my iPod over the last 8 years:

1. Dream On (Aerosmith)
    2. It's Too Late (Carole King)
    3. Philadelphia Freedom (Elton John)
    4. I'd Really Love to See You Tonight (England Dan & John whatever)
    5. Mandy (Barry Manilow) (It's just a memory of a single evening.)
    6. Don't Go Breaking My Heart (Elton John & some woman...kiki dee)
    7. Rocket Man (Elton John)
    8. Fooling Yourself (Styx)
    9. Close To You (Carpenters)
    10. Saturday In the Park (Chicago)

My favorite songs are:

102. Roundabout (Yes)
    35. Going to California (Led Zeppelin)
    111. Tom Sawyer (Rush)

I have no idea why certain songs seem to be above my favorites. It must be because I listened to them more (Yes, I AM qualified to be a rocket scientist....uh, not really)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    Done...
    So, are you running the board now instead of Hex? Or with Hex? Or what?

(....and thanks, by the way.)

Oh, yeah, tomorrow, I'm going to need some other things changed, so stand by...

- Just Kidding! (It will be like next week, at least.)

So, are you running the board now instead of Hex? Or with Hex? Or what?

(....and thanks, by the way.)

Oh, yeah, tomorrow, I'm going to need some other things changed, so stand by...

- Just Kidding! (It will be like next week, at least.)
    Yeah - can you believe it? They let this psychopath have keys to this clown car...

Quote Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
    Great songs guys but ya gotta add April Wine....Just between you and me.
    April Wine never really made it big across the border in the US, at least, not like Guess Who did......but they're one of my favorite Canadian bands. I think my all time favorite song of there's was "Slow Poke" Certainly one of the most perverted songs of it's time and one that only ever saw radio air play on the FM stations back when. I always thought they should have caught on down south better than they did because of the quality of their song writing/playing.

My iPod is on shuffle for about 275 songs. It's an ecclectic mix of Rush, Styx, Carpenters, REO, Bush, Pearl Jam, Phil Collins, Genesis, Yes, Cars, Journey, The Barry's (White and Manilow...I swear I can explain this...maybe), Red Hot Chili Peppers, Smash Mouth, Head East (Yes, one song, but noteworthy), Glen Campbell, BOC, BTO, ELO, Asia, Tubes, Airplane/Starship, Beatles, Chicago, and on and on and on...

I put songs on that remind me of things, so some are possibly strange to the on-listener.

I didn't really get into pong. I played asteroids at the arcade when it was black and white. At home, I played those complex strategy games that came in a box. The only problem was that I couldn't find anyone to play them with me, so you guessed it...just like everything else, I played with myself. I also made up my own games that I played for several years.

I usually play Diablo solo. I'm just playing it casually and when I have a few moments, which is maybe an hour here or there each week. I'm glad there is someone else into that sort of thing, though; we'll have to plan to get together sometime online after the holidays.
    You like a lot of the same rock I do. I think I have most of the rock bands you mention above on my iPod. I have something like 10 GB's of music which is close to 2500 songs.

I ruled on Asteroids. If you didn't do the cheesy "leave one little rock left and kill the flying saucer dude that comes" in over and over and over endlessly, nobody could touch my high score. Hell, half the time, they couldn't even if they did that. Every time I saw an asteroids game, I'd rack up a high score on it just to piss people off. Man.....you just brought back some vivid memories, me and my bro on a Saturday with a big bag of weed spending hours on end (and rolls of quarters) in the arcades.

So I'm guessing you played Risk? Another friend of mine was big into that and we played it all the time until I got sick of losing. It wasn't that he was better at strategy, the guy just had a major horseshoe up his ass and always won the dice rolls. That gets really frustrating after a while.........lol

I was actually just playing Diablo III with my bro. We just signed off 20 min's ago. I'm an early riser by nature and he woke up unusually early this morning and he joined me around 6 am (it's now just after 8) and we played for a good 1.5 hr's or so. I'd be more than happy to join up and play together some time. I have a fair stash of items and gold so if you needed some stuff, I could definitely help out. I'm a very early riser so I tend to play for an hour most mornings while sipping coffee......lol But my bro and I get together usually about once a week in the evenings to play too. It's pretty much the only game I play anymore.
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CptnBlues63 View Post

So I'm guessing you played Risk? Another friend of mine was big into that and we played it all the time until I got sick of losing. It wasn't that he was better at strategy, the guy just had a major horseshoe up his ass and always won the dice rolls. That gets really frustrating after a while.........lol

I was actually just playing Diablo III with my bro. We just signed off 20 min's ago. I'm an early riser by nature and he woke up unusually early this morning and he joined me around 6 am (it's now just after 8) and we played for a good 1.5 hr's or so. I'd be more than happy to join up and play together some time. I have a fair stash of items and gold so if you needed some stuff, I could definitely help out. I'm a very early riser so I tend to play for an hour most mornings while sipping coffee......lol But my bro and I get together usually about once a week in the evenings to play too. It's pretty much the only game I play anymore.
    Yeah, I have played Risk so much and with such success that people used to just take me out. I never cared because I just love playing the game no matter the outcome.

The board games I was talking about were games that came in boxes that had the little hexagon cardboard game boards and took hours to play. I also played Axis and Allies quite a bit.

I definitely would like to play Diablo III with you guys some time. I am playing all five characters Act by Act and have only gotten a couple of them to Act III so far on the first difficulty. I have a long ways to go !!

Yeah, I have played Risk so much and with such success that people used to just take me out. I never cared because I just love playing the game no matter the outcome.

The board games I was talking about were games that came in boxes that had the little hexagon cardboard game boards and took hours to play. I also played Axis and Allies quite a bit.

I definitely would like to play Diablo III with you guys some time. I am playing all five characters Act by Act and have only gotten a couple of them to Act III so far on the first difficulty. I have a long ways to go !!
    I remember playing Axis and Allies with my little brother. He was really into that and other games like it. I'm 8 years older than he is so by the time he found them I wasn't living at home anymore so didn't get a lot of chances to play them with him. But I enjoyed them when we did get a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    Geez - you guys keep talking like this and you're going to be called geezers! LOL

BTW - way back (way, WAY back) I was appliance manager at K-Mart. One Christmas we gave away the original Pong game with a purchase of a new TV. I'm quite certain more than one customer cursed us for the "burn in". LOL

...and I used to love to play Stratego and Risk board games. Haven't touched either in over 30 years...
    My bro's dad was real pissed. That color TV wasn't 6 months old and it was the big expensive console kind. He replaced it and told us the one we'd wrecked was for gaming and if we ever connected that game to the new one he'd kick our asses......LOL
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

Thread Information