Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Entertainment Reviews and Discusion (Movies, Music, Games, etc.)

Blog Entries

Default Entertainment Reviews and Discusion (Movies, Music, Games, etc.)

I would like to suggest that we change the title of "Movie Reviews" to "Entertainment Reviews and Discusion (Movies, Music, Games, etc.)" to cover a lot more ground. I want to talk about music and games a lot more than I want to talk about movies.

I'd start a couple of threads like:

"List Your iPod's Top 10 Most Listened To Songs (if you dare!)"

uh, damn, then you guys would know I listen to Barry Manilow (I think I can explain it in a way that would make it OK....maybe.)

"What Games are you Playing?"

I'm playing Diablo III for example. OK, don't judge! Yeah, I meant on either count - the game or the fact that a 50+ person is playing it.

Let me know what you guys think.
    Last edited by illilli; 12-19-2013 at 09:53 PM. Reason: Removed Bad HTML Attempt

Blog Entries

Ah, just post that stuff in there if you think it's the most applicable forum.
    If anyone bitches that it's not a "movie" review say "what's a better forum?"
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Do not play games. Listen to Jazz,Classic Rock,Real Country,Tropical Island,Blues.
    May your ashes be long and your smoke be plentiful...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Ah, just post that stuff in there if you think it's the most applicable forum.
    If anyone bitches that it's not a "movie" review say "what's a better forum?"
    WHAT?? Without proper order there is CHAOS!

(...but, OK, that could work...)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
    Do not play games. Listen to Jazz,Classic Rock,Real Country,Tropical Island,Blues.
    How about, if I play a game WHILE listening to Classic Rock (there is no other form of music) AND watching a Movie??

P.S. By "Real Country", you are talking about Porter Wagner, right?

Quote Originally Posted by illilli View Post
    How about, if I play a game WHILE listening to Classic Rock (there is no other form of music) AND watching a Movie??

P.S. By "Real Country", you are talking about Porter Wagner, right?
    Johnny Cash,Merle Haggard,Hank Williams,George Jones,Keith Witley,Waylon Jennings,Loretta Lynn. Just to name a few. I am totally not against anyone playing games I just don't have the time. Now in the 80's I had the time.

Blog Entries

Johnny Cash,Merle Haggard,Hank Williams,George Jones,Keith Witley,Waylon Jennings,Loretta Lynn. Just to name a few. I am totally not against anyone playing games I just don't have the time. Now in the 80's I had the time.
    I have some Waylon Jennings "If That Ain't Country" on my "Captain's Ultimate Sampler" playlist. Also a big fan of the rest that you mentioned, though I really cannot stand any new country. It's pure shite in my humble opinion.

Also, I have mentioned it here before, but when I do have time to waste I enjoy getting frequently murdered in the face by 12 year old boys (and possibly some girls) in Call of Duty. I can't play anything that requires lots of time and dedication to understand a deep and long developing story. All my games these days are ones that I can get online with in small doses, have some of this nation's finest youth validate that I am a loser, then get out and on with my day.

I would like to suggest that we change the title of "Movie Reviews" to "Entertainment Reviews and Discusion (Movies, Music, Games, etc.)" to cover a lot more ground. I want to talk about music and games a lot more than I want to talk about movies.

uh, damn, then you guys would know I listen to Barry Manilow (I think I can explain it in a way that would make it OK....maybe.)

I'm playing Diablo III for example. OK, don't judge! Yeah, I meant on either count - the game or the fact that a 50+ person is playing it.

LOL

My iPod is always on "shuffle" with a playlist that includes all my blues and classic rock.

I also play Diablo III and I turned 50 last April. I've been gaming since before video games were invented.....lol. I cut my teeth on Gottlieb's Kings and Queens pinball machine back when I was like 8 and you got 5 balls per game/3 games for a quarter. My best, and oldest friend in the world (we grew up together and he too is a gamer) got the original Pong for x'mas the year it came out and we played it so much, we burnt the rectangular "court" into his dad's almost new color TV.........he was not impressed!

I started with the original Diablo and then Diablo II (still own them) If you'd like to join up with me and play Diablo III together sometime, PM me and I'll we'll work it out. I regularly play it with my bro.

I used to play MOHA and CoD and was even part of a group of gamers that bought a server and were running both MOHA and CoD servers online. After a couple years I quit the group but the last time I looked, they're still running MOHAA. I'm not a huge FPS person but I certainly enjoyed MOHAA and played the crap out of it for years. I was actually pretty good at it and could hold my own against most 14 year olds which can't be said for Doom when it first came out.........lol.

My preference is normally for strategy type games and I've been playing Company of Heroes a lot since it came out. However, they made some changes (sold out to some online place) and now I just play it solo from time to time.
    Last edited by CptnBlues63; 12-20-2013 at 10:18 AM. Reason: darn typo's!
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

Ray - you want some cheese for that whine?!?

Done...

Now quit yer bitchin'... You've done nothing buy whine since you came back...

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post

Done...

HEY YOU GUYS.........where are you hiding the cheese and wine? I like cheese and wine. I didn't know there was a secret cheese and wine society. Thanks for the invite

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

HEY YOU GUYS.........where are you hiding the cheese and wine? I like cheese and wine. I didn't know there was a secret cheese and wine society. Thanks for the invite

What?!? Just because you're providing the whine - now I'm expected to provide the cheese?!?

Blog Entries

Oh boy, I'm fairly certain that I don't wanna know what some of youse guys entertain yourselves with.

What?!? Just because you're providing the whine - now I'm expected to provide the cheese?!?
    Anytime brother I can always provide some wine......I have a nice box in the fridge right now chillin. :D

Anytime brother I can always provide some wine......I have a nice box in the fridge right now chillin. :D

Got it! Box of wine! That will go VERY well with the Limburger cheese I have for you...

Blog Entries

If some one will just bring the cheese, I'll cut it.

16. Default

Top 10 on the iPod
    1. land of confusion (Disturbed)
    2. Hurt (Johnny Cash)
    3. Somebody that I used to know (Gotye)
    4. A country boy can survive (Hank jr.)
    5. Walk on the wild side (Lou Reed)
    6. In the air tonight (Phil Collins)
    7. Sultans of swing (Dire Straights)
    8. Low light buddy of mine (Iron & Wine)
    9. I Ran (State of Insomnia)
    10. Ten thousand fists (Disturbed)

Quote Originally Posted by Stoopy View Post
    Top 10 on the iPod
    1. land of confusion (Disturbed)
    2. Hurt (Johnny Cash)
    3. Somebody that I used to know (Gotye)
    4. A country boy can survive (Hank jr.)
    5. Walk on the wild side (Lou Reed)
    6. In the air tonight (Phil Collins)
    7. Sultans of swing (Dire Straights)
    8. Low light buddy of mine (Iron & Wine)
    9. I Ran (State of Insomnia)
    10. Ten thousand fists (Disturbed)
    Walk on the wild side! Yessir!

Great choices, but add to that - Sweet Home Alabama (not sure why, I just like Lynard Skynard), Under The Bridge (Red Hot Chili Peppers), Low Rider and Owner Of A Lonely Heart. Oh - and Simply Irresistable.

Walk on the wild side! Yessir!

Great choices, but add to that - Sweet Home Alabama (not sure why, I just like Lynard Skynard), Under The Bridge (Red Hot Chili Peppers), Low Rider and Owner Of A Lonely Heart. Oh - and Simply Irresistable.
    Great songs guys but ya gotta add April Wine....Just between you and me.

Blog Entries

Done...

If I don't whine, how the hell will I get the damn cheese? (Yeah, that's a set up for cutting some cheese if I ever heard it..)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CptnBlues63 View Post
    LOL

My iPod is always on "shuffle" with a playlist that includes all my blues and classic rock.

I also play Diablo III and I turned 50 last April. I've been gaming since before video games were invented.....lol. I cut my teeth on Gottlieb's Kings and Queens pinball machine back when I was like 8 and you got 5 balls per game/3 games for a quarter. My best, and oldest friend in the world (we grew up together and he too is a gamer) got the original Pong for x'mas the year it came out and we played it so much, we burnt the rectangular "court" into his dad's almost new color TV.........he was not impressed!

I started with the original Diablo and then Diablo II (still own them) If you'd like to join up with me and play Diablo III together sometime, PM me and I'll we'll work it out. I regularly play it with my bro.

I used to play MOHA and CoD and was even part of a group of gamers that bought a server and were running both MOHA and CoD servers online. After a couple years I quit the group but the last time I looked, they're still running MOHAA. I'm not a huge FPS person but I certainly enjoyed MOHAA and played the crap out of it for years. I was actually pretty good at it and could hold my own against most 14 year olds which can't be said for Doom when it first came out.........lol.

My preference is normally for strategy type games and I've been playing Company of Heroes a lot since it came out. However, they made some changes (sold out to some online place) and now I just play it solo from time to time.
    My iPod is on shuffle for about 275 songs. It's an ecclectic mix of Rush, Styx, Carpenters, REO, Bush, Pearl Jam, Phil Collins, Genesis, Yes, Cars, Journey, The Barry's (White and Manilow...I swear I can explain this...maybe), Red Hot Chili Peppers, Smash Mouth, Head East (Yes, one song, but noteworthy), Glen Campbell, BOC, BTO, ELO, Asia, Tubes, Airplane/Starship, Beatles, Chicago, and on and on and on...

I put songs on that remind me of things, so some are possibly strange to the on-listener.

I didn't really get into pong. I played asteroids at the arcade when it was black and white. At home, I played those complex strategy games that came in a box. The only problem was that I couldn't find anyone to play them with me, so you guessed it...just like everything else, I played with myself. I also made up my own games that I played for several years.

I usually play Diablo solo. I'm just playing it casually and when I have a few moments, which is maybe an hour here or there each week. I'm glad there is someone else into that sort of thing, though; we'll have to plan to get together sometime online after the holidays.

Thread Information