Thread: A brief Introduction.

Default A brief Introduction.

Hello All,

First let me say, that if this post is in the wrong place, please feel free to do with me and/or this post as you see fit.

Now that, that is out of the way.

I have been smoking cigars socially for ~ a year. Then a family member gave me a humidor and a case of the Flor de la Antillas by My Fathers Cigars for christmas. So I've been seeking out information on the net and looking around for a seemingly good, and non corporate, cigar forum (I love forums). Hence the reason that I joined here.

I will probably post some questions here and there that I cannot find in a satisfactory manor on google, this forum, or other forums (most likely due to a deficit in my understanding of terminology).

At any rate, I just wanted to say HI, and hope to spend many years hanging with the seemingly good people of this forum.

Thanks,
    TC
    "Keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious.....And curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney

Welcome
    Pull up a chair, grab your favorite stick and beverage of choice
    Then relax and enjoy the show

Don
    "I am a soldier I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight" - Gen. George S. Patton

Blog Entries

Welcome! Orange County? Ever hear of Mike Ness?
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 01-02-2014 at 11:10 PM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Quote Originally Posted by dman4505 View Post
    Welcome
    Pull up a chair, grab your favorite stick and beverage of choice
    Then relax and enjoy the show

Don
    Thank you Don!

Right now, the stick would be a Romeo by Romeo and Julietta, with a nice THE BALVENIE DoubleWood 17, with a couple of rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86 View Post
    Welcome! Orange County? Ever hear of Mike Ness?
    Thank you :D

Sorry Coventry, can't say that I have.
    "Keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious.....And curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney

Blog Entries

Welcome from Bitterville
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

6. Default

Welcome
    The older I get ,the better I was

Blog Entries

Welcome to the board.

Blog Entries

Welcome

Welcome from Ontario, Canada. There are a lot of good folks on this board. Have fun.

Hello

Quote Originally Posted by tc3driver View Post
    Thank you Don!

Right now, the stick would be a Romeo by Romeo and Julietta, with a nice THE BALVENIE DoubleWood 17, with a couple of rocks.

Thank you :D

Sorry Coventry, can't say that I have.
    I'm sorry, but I snickered a bit when you mentioned smoking a Romeo. Not that I was snickering at you smoking a Romeo, but a good fried was in our local shop and sat for the longest time smoking the Romeo trying to descibe the taste. Out of the clear blue he shouts, "GRAHAM CRACKERS! - That's what I taste - GRAHAM CRACKERS!". And he went on and on and on with the "graham crackers" taste - like he'd discovered something new... I don't believe anyone before or after has ever claimed to taste "graham crackers" in a cigar, so any time I see someone enjoying a Romeo and Julietta - I think "graham crackers"...

THE BALVENIE DoubleWood 17 - very nice! I'm primarily a Dalmore guy myself, but I do enjoy the DoubleWood 17.

Welcome! I hope you enjoy your stay!
    Last edited by ggiese; 01-03-2014 at 11:13 AM.

Blog Entries

Welcome. I did the OC thing for a while, then retreated to somewhere a bit less insane. Still love visiting from time to time, though.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Hi and welcome aboard from Alberta, Canada
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

Hello.

Blog Entries

Welcome.

Blog Entries

Welcome from Ottawa, Canada, where it is a lot colder than Orange County.

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    I'm sorry, but I snickered a bit when you mentioned smoking a Romeo. Not that I was snickering at you smoking a Romeo, but a good fried was in our local shop and sat for the longest time smoking the Romeo trying to descibe the taste. Out of the clear blue he shouts, "GRAHAM CRACKERS! - That's what I taste - GRAHAM CRACKERS!". And he went on and on and on with the "graham crackers" taste - like he'd discovered something new... I don't believe anyone before or after has ever claimed to taste "graham crackers" in a cigar, so any time I see someone enjoying a Romeo and Julietta - I think "graham crackers"...

THE BALVENIE DoubleWood 17 - very nice! I'm primarily a Dalmore guy myself, but I do enjoy the DoubleWood 17.

Welcome! I hope you enjoy your stay!

That is a great story... I have to be honest, I have never thought Graham Crackers as I was smoking one, Hell I had one tonight, even after reading your story I still didn't get the flavor... maybe my taster is broken

I cannot hate on the Dalmore either, but something that the sherry oak does to the double wood that just .... yum...

Quote Originally Posted by mrtr33 View Post
    Welcome. I did the OC thing for a while, then retreated to somewhere a bit less insane. Still love visiting from time to time, though.
    Yes we live a fast paced life out here, but I would go insane if I didn't have my pick of cigar shops... and other gentlemanly establishments...

Quote Originally Posted by craig View Post
    Welcome from Ottawa, Canada, where it is a lot colder than Orange County.
    It is, I have not yet been had the pleasure of visiting Ottawa, but I from the weather reports.. yes much warmer here

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor71 View Post
    Welcome from Ontario, Canada. There are a lot of good folks on this board. Have fun.
    I haven't been to anywhere east of Alberta, I do plan on going some time though!

Quote Originally Posted by CptnBlues63 View Post
    Hi and welcome aboard from Alberta, Canada
    I have been to Alberta, Edmonton to be exact! I have some stories from my last trip there, we'll save those for some other time... I will say this, the last time I was there it warmed up enough the day before I left to snow

Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Welcome from Bitterville
    I am not sure where Bitterville is, just tell me they don't make beer... unless it is a stout or an IPA

Quote Originally Posted by kevin7 View Post
    Welcome
    Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    Welcome to the board.
    Quote Originally Posted by kingbeefy View Post
    Welcome
    Quote Originally Posted by FordRaptorFiend View Post
    Hello
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreekTitan View Post
    Hello.
    Quote Originally Posted by illilli View Post
    Welcome.
    Thank you all for the warm welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by tc3driver View Post

I have been to Alberta, Edmonton to be exact! I have some stories from my last trip there, we'll save those for some other time... I will say this, the last time I was there it warmed up enough the day before I left to snow

Winter is a shitty time to visit the prairie provinces (Alberta or Saskatchewan) in western Canada

I'd definitely like to hear your story so whenever you feel the urge, I'm listening...

Blog Entries

There is a good time to visit Saskatchewan? (okay, in the summer the drive through, she goes faster, eh? - but besides that.....:-)

Quote Originally Posted by craig View Post
    There is a good time to visit Saskatchewan? (okay, in the summer the drive through, she goes faster, eh? - but besides that.....:-)
    LOL - that's relative.....

For instance, if like me, you love fishing, then any time between May 1st and Sept 30th is a "good" time to visit SK. Preference given to the month of June.

That's the one thing I do miss about living in SK...........the fishing. My mom and some friends still live there so I have to go back every now and then whether I want to or not.

Thread Information