Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I have had enough of this %#&@& winter.

Screw this my pipes just froze at 1 pm today, all night we let the water run and wife shuts it off for 1 hour while she was cleaning house and they freeze this is SC it don't get cold here what the hell is going on.
    designated whipping boy for the grammar police
    Just run everything threw a spell checker.

Blog Entries

I have been feeding the birds this year too. Hubby made some feeders. I am trying to attract blue birds. I got the worms and those round pellets I think it peanut butter, the guy at the store said they love it It very hard to get blue birds to your house. I also have heated water for them. My idea is if I get a few blue birds to my house maybe I can be happy again. Blue bird of happiness....and there's also blue birds around pictures of rainbows. Pretty pathetic but I it's a goal.
    Last edited by cinda; 01-08-2014 at 04:56 PM.

http://www.cmt.com/videos/eric-churc...le-smoke.jhtml?

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to

choose it, and the strength

to make it endure

Saw the following cartoon and had to put it up on this thread............lol

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Global Warming.jpg 
Views:	266 
Size:	32.6 KB 
ID:	3619

On a different note, you guys down south have my sincere sympathy and condolences. Up here we're used to this crap weather (well ok, as used to it as any human can ever get) so our houses are built to withstand it, our cars have block heaters so we can plug them in and they'll start no matter how cold and, we already own winter clothes. You folks are not prepared for this kind of stuff and it's likely to cause a lot of problems for you.

Here's hoping this weather goes past you all quickly!
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

Blog Entries

Here on the wind-swept plains, we have clothes for all seasons, but they are in the same closet 'cuz you might need 'em all in the same day.

Quote Originally Posted by cinda View Post
    I have been feeding the birds this year too. Hubby made some feeders. I am tiring into attract blue birds. I got the worms and those round pellets I think it peanut butter, the guy at the store said they love it It very hard to get blue birds to your house. I also have heated water for them. My idea is if I get a few blue birds to my house maybe I can be happy again. Blue bird of happiness....and there's also blue birds around pictures of rainbows. Pretty pathetic but I it's a goal.
    My wife was thrilled when she saw her first "bluebird"! I did not have the heart to tell her it was a Blue Jay...

But we have had some real cool birds show up at our feeders - we have a pair of Cardinals that visit every day, we were visited the other day by a Redpoll Finch, a bunch of Golden Finches stop by daily, about a half dozen Turtle Doves are hanging out and we've see a fair number of Nuthatches. And the million or so Sparrows that crowd everything else out...
    Last edited by ggiese; 01-07-2014 at 07:49 PM.

6. Default

4 deg F at the house this am. Pipes are OK,cars started fine and I have enough winter Lineman clothes for 2 weeks straight. It was hella cold though but all of the fleet trucks started this morning . Gonna be 11 in Charlotte tonight so that means 8 or so here in the country. I grew up in Central IN so wither here is not really all that bad but I am 30 years older now . When you get older the lower your nuts hang so they get cold quicker.
    Last edited by kevin7; 01-07-2014 at 08:47 PM. Reason: cause I spell like a moron
    The older I get ,the better I was

Quote Originally Posted by Mangyrat View Post
    Screw this my pipes just froze at 1 pm today, all night we let the water run and wife shuts it off for 1 hour while she was cleaning house and they freeze this is SC it don't get cold here what the hell is going on.
    It must be the "climate change theory".....lol It was a cool -15 here last night. Much better tonight a low of +9 oh yeah positive number is good.
    May your ashes be long and your smoke be plentiful...

Quote Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
    It must be the "climate change theory".....lol It was a cool -15 here last night. Much better tonight a low of +9 oh yeah positive number is good.
    I just watched an episode of 60 minutes on volcanoes. Interesting factoid - in 1815 a volcano erupted in Indonesia the shot ash and sulphur 30 miles into the atmosphere and was responsible for complete global cooling. So much so - New England (in the US) had a "summerless summer" - it stayed cold that entire year...

With roughly 1,500 volcanoes worldwide, how do we factor those out from the climate change supposedly caused by fossil fuels? I'm sorry - Mother Nature surely can be a biotch!

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cinda View Post
    I have been feeding the birds this year too. Hubby made some feeders. I am tiring into attract blue birds. I got the worms and those round pellets I think it peanut butter, the guy at the store said they love it It very hard to get blue birds to your house. I also have heated water for them. My idea is if I get a few blue birds to my house maybe I can be happy again. Blue bird of happiness....and there's also blue birds around pictures of rainbows. Pretty pathetic but I it's a goal.
    My wife was thrilled when she saw her first "bluebird"! I did not have the heart to tell her it was a Blue Jay...

But we have had some real cool birds show up at our feeders - we have a pair of Cardinals that visit every day, we were visited the other day by a Redpoll Finch, a bunch of Golden Finches stop by daily, about a half dozen Turtle Doves are hanging out and we've see a fair number of Nuthatches. And the million or so Sparrows that crowd everything else out...
    Now I know where my Redpoll's and American Gold Finches spend the winter! I always look forward to seeing them return because that's when I know for sure it's finally spring!
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

Blog Entries

Yay, another Polar Vortex is coming.

Blog Entries

Got some snow today, but not like they predicted. I was hoping for the 8" on the high side, but it only looks like 3-4. At least it won't melt with the polar vortex back.
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mangyrat View Post
    Maybe I replied to this, and forgot. I had the pipes freeze twice for the first round. There's a spot under the kick panel on the back wall where there's no insulation on the pipes. The cold water froze. 30min with a heater on it, got it back going. I feel pretty good about the CPVC move I made.

Uncle Tupelo

-10 F with wind chill in Atlanta this morning. Brrr!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1526670_10152208791828945_153226798_n.jpg 
Views:	266 
Size:	10.2 KB 
ID:	3626

lol ;)
    "Keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious.....And curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney

Blog Entries

It is getting February weather in January that gets me. At least in February we have March to look forward to. In January, all there is to look forward to is ... February.

Blog Entries

Ice storm in Atlanta? I hate those.

17. Default

About 2-3 inches of snow here south of Charlotte. The whole region is freaking out . The Mach 1 will sit this out ,the Interpid has been called into service.

It was effing hot here in cali today... like 80 deg F!

I miss my winter weather, high 40's low 50's!
    Last edited by tc3driver; 01-28-2014 at 10:01 PM. Reason: Typo Fixing Fool!
    "Keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious.....And curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kevin7 View Post
    About 2-3 inches of snow here south of Charlotte. The whole region is freaking out . The Mach 1 will sit this out ,the Interpid has been called into service.
    I think I put the GT away in November...

Uncle Tupelo

20. Default

That sucks Will , I don't to wad it up or some dumbass rear end me.

Thread Information