Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: I have had enough of this %#&@& winter.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    We're supposed to get hammered tonight and tomorrow.....6-9" by the time it's over, I'm betting on 4-6. The problem will be the 30-40 mph winds that will undoubtedly accompany the snow.
    I was going to earlier warn the kanas people that snow is coming. Keep your kids home and any one else you do not want living on the highway. I better not see any crazy news cast that people are stuck on in a school or highway. They have been warning us all week. That said hubby has his reversal of the colostomy operation tomorrow. He' got to be there at 6 am. But the hospital is like 10 mins away and I got a driver and a big truck. Wish me luck!

http://www.cmt.com/videos/eric-churc...le-smoke.jhtml?

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to

choose it, and the strength

to make it endure

Here we go again. I think everyone's being a little extra cautious due to what happened a couple weeks ago, and I'm glad for that.

Then there's the disgusting. Two people were shot in a grocery store buying food to prepare for this next storm. There's some real idiots in this world.

3. Default

We are prepared at work. I hope I have enough line material to keep the power on.
    The older I get ,the better I was

Blog Entries

I just saw a picture of the road ways in the south....it still looks like people where in denial.

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

to make it endure

Blog Entries

We're in the 10-14" bracket now (for snow.)
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

32 degrees in Chicago. It's getting downright balmy around here!

Blog Entries

They said we were not getting as much as everyone else..they lied!

to make it endure

Blog Entries

It is about finished here and we have 7-8 inches. It's the most I've seen in Knoxville in quite a while.

We've gotten a foot so far, but they're calling for another 2-4" tonight and 2-4" tomorrow night.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1888668_10203120566844992_2043337073_n.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	59.6 KB 
ID:	3645

10. Default

Not to rub salt into the wound but it's 84 right now.

The tree cutting service just left my house so I finally have the live 100 year old live oak off my roof from the ice storm.
    All the rest of the trees did fine but live oaks keep the leaves in winter so the ice built up and broke the limbs off.

When I say limbs I am talking 500 to 1000 lbs. each I am lucky they didn't destroy the roof.
    Snow I can deal with its the rain for 3 days then freezing ice build up.

Im sick of this ice crap give me some snow.
    designated whipping boy for the grammar police
    Just run everything threw a spell checker.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mangyrat View Post
    The tree cutting service just left my house so I finally have the live 100 year old live oak off my roof from the ice storm.
    All the rest of the trees did fine but live oaks keep the leaves in winter so the ice built up and broke the limbs off.

When I say limbs I am talking 500 to 1000 lbs. each I am lucky they didn't destroy the roof.
    Snow I can deal with its the rain for 3 days then freezing ice build up.

Im sick of this ice crap give me some snow.
    Wow! did you keep your power? Glad to here you were not hurt sounds like a you have had it pretty bad.

to make it endure

Blog Entries

That sucks, Gregg. Now I'm glad we had our 75' maples cut down.

We had a lot of fun today. Of course, I have a lot of work building up, and didn't do any that I brought home. I snowblowed mine and the two properties beside me when it was still fluffy. It got all rained on, and then we were saucer sledding a bit. Had a Padron 3000, and was throwing snowballs to the dog, who caught them, and ate half.

Uncle Tupelo

Blog Entries

Frozen pipes and an ice storm in the same year? Blech.

15. Default

we made it OK,minor power outages and anout 8" of snow and 1/4" of ice. State did the best it can to do it's part but you gotta remember white trash welfare$ comes first before the needs of taxpayers. Those phuquers should have been out shoveling snow.
    The older I get ,the better I was

I only lost power 8 to 10 times but only for 1 hr the longest this morning due to power pole on fire.
    If it was not for me neglecting to cut back the tree I would have had no problem.

I was in a generous mood today so I had the tree cutting guys cut up the trees my neighbor lost in the 4 lots next to me also he has "they are out of town so I hooked them up" but the guy I don't like on the other side he got shafted I would not let them cut a damn thing down on his property.
    Im betting right now that guy that ticked me off is feeling shitty he did not get free tree cutting off his house and drive do to being a dick.
    Last edited by Mangyrat; 02-13-2014 at 07:19 PM.
    designated whipping boy for the grammar police
    Just run everything threw a spell checker.

Blog Entries

I only lost power 8 to 10 times but only for 1 hr the longest this morning due to power pole on fire.
    If it was not for me neglecting to cut back the tree I would have had no problem.

I was in a generous mood today so I had the tree cutting guys cut up the trees my neighbor lost in the 4 lots next to me also he has "they are out of town so I hooked them up" but the guy I don't like on the other side he got shafted I would not let them cut a damn thing down on his property.
    Im betting right now that guy that ticked me off is feeling shitty he did not get free tree cutting off his house and drive do to being a dick.
    Awesome. I would give you some reputation points, but I already used them on you.

Uncle Tupelo

Blog Entries

kevin you state is sucking up all the salt us winter states need. All southerners are band from drinking salty dogs and salted margaritas conserve conserve

to make it endure

I'm just sitting here grinning over the above!

I'm glad your house wasn't damaged, that would have really sucked!
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

Quote Originally Posted by cinda View Post
    kevin you state is sucking up all the salt us winter states need. All southerners are band from drinking salty dogs and salted margaritas conserve conserve
    His state does not know what to do with salt - even if they get it! They have absolutely no trucks to spread it... LOL

No - it's us winter states that are sucking up the salt. We're in for two more snow events in the next couple of days - and we're already very dangerously low on salt.

I did notice there was a ton of beet juice they dropped on the streets last night. I hadn't seen that very much this year thus far.

Thread Information