Thread: Copenghagen

1. Default Copenghagen

The regular cut in the cardboard can. I bought a can of it yesterday and had a dip . I was suddenly transported 30 years back to a time when we dipped in HS . Holy crap it is strong on the lip but not on the stomach thankfully. I remember having to swallow a dip to avoid being busted once and promptly feeding the cats .IIRC it was 59 cents back then and not friggin $4.59 a can
    The older I get ,the better I was

Most of my baseball teammates dipped, but i never liked it. I had a friend that dipped Copenhagen during class, and just swallowed it and never spit.

I've dipped Copenhagen straight for almost six years now. Usually on sale for $1.99/can. I'd quit if I had to pay that much. I don't have the stomach to gut it. I end up just like you did. Lol

I just quit dipping a couple of months ago. but i dipped grizzly straight. i got it for $2.19 a can... but i don't pay taxes cause i buy them on base. but when i was in MI on leave it was $5 a can... i went without on principal!

Never could enjoy copenhagen. I did dip skoal for about 22 years though. Thankfully I quit about 10 years ago.
    May your ashes be long and your smoke be plentiful...

Blog Entries

I started dipping Cope LC Wintergreen a couple years ago just to help keep me awake during a week of straight 16 hour days running ranges. Then I kept doing it to get through back to back to back to back 70 hour work weeks. These days I've cut back to Camel Snus supplemented by Grizzly pouches.

Quote Originally Posted by Eville View Post
    I started dipping Cope LC Wintergreen a couple years ago just to help keep me awake during a week of straight 16 hour days running ranges. Then I kept doing it to get through back to back to back to back 70 hour work weeks. These days I've cut back to Camel Snus supplemented by Grizzly pouches.
    Back when I was just 18/19 I was driving semi's for a living and tired Copenhagen because two fellows I worked with used it all the time (Copenhagen Joe and Copenhagen Pete....I swear, I didn't nickname them but that's what everybody called them) but didn't care for it. I tried those Skoal Bandits too and didn't care for them. I tried chewing tobacco too and it wasn't my cup of tea either. I liked the flavor of all the above but the constant spitting got tedious inside the truck (just FYI, I had a can but it was kinda gross and disgusting.........LOL)

Besides, you know you need to spit out whatever tobacco product you're chewing if you light up a cigarette while chewing it!
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

8. Default

I buy rope tobacco that you can smoke or chew. Samuel Gawith Black XX tastes like the fat off a lamb chop when chewed. Gawith and Hoggarth Brown Bogie is smokey sweet when chewed. Slice off a slice about the thickness of a dime and place it between the cheek and gum. You will get a nic hit. Tastes good too...A bit pricey but worth it. Many more are out there.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CptnBlues63 View Post

Besides, you know you need to spit out whatever tobacco product you're chewing if you light up a cigarette while chewing it!
    Not true! My MSF instructor was about 80 years old and rode a BMW. During breaks he would go over to his bike, pull out a gallon zip lock bag of tobacco and throw a huge wad in. Then he would pull out a cigarette and light that too.

Quote Originally Posted by cigarsarge View Post
    I buy rope tobacco that you can smoke or chew. Samuel Gawith Black XX tastes like the fat off a lamb chop when chewed. Gawith and Hoggarth Brown Bogie is smokey sweet when chewed. Slice off a slice about the thickness of a dime and place it between the cheek and gum. You will get a nic hit. Tastes good too...A bit pricey but worth it. Many more are out there.
    You are extreme, and I think that's awesome! Pipe tobacco, snuff, cigars, dip, chew, rope tobacco, fat off a lamb chop...holy crap man, where do you find all this? You take it to a whole new level.

11. Default

I thought he was gonna say fat off a BBW's thigh
    The older I get ,the better I was

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreekTitan View Post
    You are extreme, and I think that's awesome! Pipe tobacco, snuff, cigars, dip, chew, rope tobacco, fat off a lamb chop...holy crap man, where do you find all this? You take it to a whole new level
    I just like tobacco...Much more out there than cigars. Think I had a cigar that prolly tasted like the fat off a bbw thigh. Bought it from a guy selling cigars from a cart in a mall. Kuhiba was printed on the band. Guy said it was from an island close to Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by cigarsarge View Post
    Damn..........I'd better avoid that stuff then because chances are I would like it........a lot! My favorite part of a meat fresh off the grill is the blackened fat on the outside edges...........

Quote Originally Posted by Eville View Post
    Not true! My MSF instructor was about 80 years old and rode a BMW. During breaks he would go over to his bike, pull out a gallon zip lock bag of tobacco and throw a huge wad in. Then he would pull out a cigarette and light that too.
    That's hard core!

I figured I was getting enough nicotine from either one so when I caught myself lighting up a cig even with chew in my cheek, I figured it was time to pick one or the other and stick with it. Sure wish I'd found cigars back then............
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

Thread Information