Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Puro Pot Pass VI

Alright ladies, here's what we've got so far.

Prize Pack:
    Partagas Black Robusto
    Viaje Platino Robusto
    LFD Double Ligero Double Toro
    H. Upmann 1844 Lancero
    RyJ Reserve Churchy
    Cusano 59 Rare Cameroon Perfecto

My Additions:
    601 Blue Label Robusto
    Padron 3000 Natty
    Oliva MB III Robusto

+1 ass cracked puro for the King of Beef. Enjoy!

I have PM'd MRTR33, and another member I trust with the puro info. Sticks flyin' mañana.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreekTitan View Post
    Alright ladies, here's what we've got so far.

Prize Pack:
    Partagas Black Robusto
    Viaje Platino Robusto
    LFD Double Ligero Double Toro
    H. Upmann 1844 Lancero
    RyJ Reserve Churchy
    Cusano 59 Rare Cameroon Perfecto

My Additions:
    601 Blue Label Robusto
    Padron 3000 Natty
    Oliva MB III Robusto

+1 ass cracked puro for the King of Beef. Enjoy!

I have PM'd MRTR33, and another member I trust with the puro info. Sticks flyin' mañana.
    ....barnyard flavors with a hint of coolwater cologne...
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    ....barnyard flavors with a hint of coolwater cologne...
    Nothin' but Axe for me. The spray pump lets me get it all over with little effort. KB's gonna love it!

Nothin' but Axe for me. The spray pump lets me get it all over with little effort. KB's gonna love it!
    I've got a spray pump for my Coolwater cologne. And it, too, let's me get Coolwater all over with very little effort!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cigarbear View Post
    I'm wrong on the lancero. It was one of their test brands that JR sold a couple years back. It's more of a 44 or 46 ring guage I think. It's been too long since I actually bought anything...
    Hmmm... Here's a fact I was unaware of until just now...

"The Spanish company Altadis S.A. acquired a 51% controlling interest in the company in 2003. The company continues to operate as a subsidiary of Altadis." - Source: Wikipedia

So - it would make sense that JR was selling a "lancero" (or whatever the heck it is) as "test" vitola of their (Altadis') H Upmann cigar...

I'm not a huge fan of H Upmann, but how is the "lancero"? Looks to be a very nice ~$5 cigar (e.g. Ecuadorian wrapper, Nicaraguan binder, Dominican filler). I'm quite intrigued...
    Last edited by ggiese; 03-14-2014 at 07:19 AM.

Blog Entries

I have to be honest, the thought of you spaying your whole self down with Axe has me a little chubbed.

I can't wait to get my hands on that GT Puro.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kingbeefy View Post
    I have to be honest, the thought of you spaying your whole self down with Axe has me a little chubbed.

TMI, beefy, TMI.

Ha! Very soon my friend, the package has been sent. Tracking info PM'd.

Blog Entries

The pass has landed. Though I'm not sure what the puro is yet, it is one of the better looking cigars I have ever seen. Nice looking wrapper, appears to be constructed very well, and it even has an adorable little pigtail cap. I'm pretty excited about smoking this one. I will try to get it smoked tomorrow night and keep this thing moving.

Blog Entries

Sig tag sent!

Thanks for keeping this moving along. Good chance we could wrap by Veterans Day, at this point.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Blog Entries

Alright, I'm wrapping up the smoke now.

This was a great looking cigar, darker colorado wrapper, well constructed, pigtail cap. Slight sweet scent. Cold draw was sweet and a little grassy, like a Cuban. First third kept that sweet, grassy flavor, no spice, smooth with a dry textured smoke, again very Cuban like. From about halfway on it became more oily like other puros would so it has left me doubting my initial thoughts. But, nevertheless, I just can't pinpoint anything that seems to be distinctive to any other country so I'm going to stick with my first thought.

I think this puro is Cuban.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Alright, I'm wrapping up the smoke now.

This was a great looking cigar, darker colorado wrapper, well constructed, pigtail cap. Slight sweet scent. Cold draw was sweet and a little grassy, like a Cuban. First third kept that sweet, grassy flavor, no spice, smooth with a dry textured smoke, again very Cuban like. From about halfway on it became more oily like other puros would so it has left me doubting my initial thoughts. But, nevertheless, I just can't pinpoint anything that seems to be distinctive to any other country so I'm going to stick with my first thought.

I think this puro is Cuban.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

You get to ship a medium size flat rate box instead of a small.

That there was an Davidoff Puro D'Oro Notable........Dominican puro.

Hope you enjoyed it.

Blog Entries

Well shucks. That one really threw me for a loop. I could only pick out the Cuban like characteristics early on, but after the first third on there was nothing that seemed all that distinctive to me. It was a really good cigar, just nothing else stood out. I know that Johnny-O has not actually been confirmed to use Cuban tobacco, but general consensus is that he does, and this cigar reminded me most of the recent Johnny-O's I've smoked.

I think I mentioned a while back that I had never tried a Davidoff, thank you for putting that to rest for me. I really did enjoy the cigar and look forward to exploring their line.

Now, a question for the participants here. The pass goes to my neighbor next. I know that I want him to lose (I secretly get aroused at the thought of him failing in general) so I'm not about to give him any hints that may be helpful, but I still would like to avoid the opportunity of eyebrows being raised if he should somehow pull a win out of the darkest recesses of his ass. To accomplish this I would like to propose that I ship it on to Mangy, then he can ship it back to daydrunk. That would also eliminate me as the only participant that wouldn't have to pay for shipping as I would just walk it over to daydrunk.

Please confirm if it is alright that I send this on to Mangyrat. And get that loser tag ASAP!

Thanks.

I have no problem swapping spots with a fellow drunk.

kingbeefy knows I don't have a hope in hell of winning so he is sweetening the pot for his friend lol.

Mark you may want to make 2 tags up just to stay ahead of the game.
    Last edited by Mangyrat; 03-19-2014 at 11:50 AM.
    designated whipping boy for the grammar police
    Just run everything threw a spell checker.

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post

I'm not a huge fan of H Upmann, but how is the "lancero"? Looks to be a very nice ~$5 cigar (e.g. Ecuadorian wrapper, Nicaraguan binder, Dominican filler). I'm quite intrigued...
    I like 'em. I bought a couple of different years and haven't had a bad one yet. It's pretty smooth with enough bit but no spice. I'd call it a medium but almost borderline mild flavor. It would work with coffee or a lager but I'd rather something fuller for Scotch or an IPA.

Blog Entries

Well shucks. That one really threw me for a loop. I could only pick out the Cuban like characteristics early on, but after the first third on there was nothing that seemed all that distinctive to me. It was a really good cigar, just nothing else stood out. I know that Johnny-O has not actually been confirmed to use Cuban tobacco, but general consensus is that he does, and this cigar reminded me most of the recent Johnny-O's I've smoked.

I think I mentioned a while back that I had never tried a Davidoff, thank you for putting that to rest for me. I really did enjoy the cigar and look forward to exploring their line.

Now, a question for the participants here. The pass goes to my neighbor next. I know that I want him to lose (I secretly get aroused at the thought of him failing in general) so I'm not about to give him any hints that may be helpful, but I still would like to avoid the opportunity of eyebrows being raised if he should somehow pull a win out of the darkest recesses of his ass. To accomplish this I would like to propose that I ship it on to Mangy, then he can ship it back to daydrunk. That would also eliminate me as the only participant that wouldn't have to pay for shipping as I would just walk it over to daydrunk.

Please confirm if it is alright that I send this on to Mangyrat. And get that loser tag ASAP!

Thanks.
    I don't care if you walk it over to DD, or if it is decided to send it to Mangy. I WOULD raise my eyebrows if it was a toilet review by DD that you film.
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    I don't care if you walk it over to DD, or if it is decided to send it to Mangy. I WOULD raise my eyebrows if it was a toilet review by DD that you film.
    Nice, ya nitwit, way to give him ideas. Do you not read any of his posts?

Blog Entries

Alright, since there doesn't seem to be any objections I'm going to get this in the mail to Gregg tomorrow. My three puts are Fuente 858SG, Padron 1926 #35 maduro, and a CC Partagas Short.

If anyone has issue with the puts let me know before noon tomorrow or it will be too late.

Blog Entries

kingbeefy's sig tag has been sent. Also, I cleared out my inbox, so you can try and send again.

Mangy, per your request, I have your losing sig tag all cued up - let me know when you're ready for it.

Looks like we have a nice prize pack going....
    Last edited by mrtr33; 03-21-2014 at 01:28 AM. Reason: one more thought

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Blog Entries

The pass is on it's way to Gregg.

Good luck.

Thread Information