Thread: How often do you smoke?

1. Talking How often do you smoke?

Well how often? How many per week? I have been getting more and more into cigars and of course, smoking more. Have been smoking 2-3 per weekend. Make me feel better about my sinful self please!

Blog Entries

Now c'mon, I know you're new here but this site has been around for over ten years and you seem like a reasonably intelligent individual who should realize that this question must have been asked here at least once in the past ten years, right?

As they say "'Search' is your friend"

Hey, I got an idea, search the site and place links to all the threads you find here where this question has been asked before. At least this way, when the question gets asked in the future, YOU will own THE THREAD that contains all related threads where this question has been asked before and we can then reference this thread to all future new guys who ask the same question!
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 02-16-2014 at 11:28 PM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

3. Default

Thank for the advice. Very helpful. Must have a lot of time on your hands. In the future, "3-4 a week" will do fine. Take less time too. Appreciate the input though.

Mr. Tuesday. I'm quite certain there's a logical reason you're asking your question - aside from trying to irritate the Cat. Would you help us to understand your curiosity about how many cigars I smoke in a week?

BTW - my answer? Not enough - wish it was more...

Blog Entries

I smoke as often as I can, which varies depending on a huge number of factors. If I could, I would probably smoke one every day, but it turns out that only the weekends and days off are available to me. On many of those, I am just too busy doing house-related things to get a chance to smoke. I am actually very lucky, if I can get in two a week.

I don't think the volume of your smoking is very important; I think the quality and enjoyment ARE. I consider the time I get to smoke a high-value expenditure of my time resources and I therefore, make sure I maximize my enjoyment of those moments. That doesn't mean I smoke the highest dollar cigars, because I don't that often. It means that I enjoy whatever I am smoking to the highest level of the quality I have. So, when I smoke my $1.40 5 Vegas, I am enjoying it, because I like the taste and because I know all the things I value are there, in the experience.

One other thing to add....when I am smoking WITH someone else, it is by far more enjoyable to me. Right now, I don't have any cigar buddies in the area, so I have to smoke alone. I have actually gone to a B&M, just to smoke with other people and talk about cigars and things that cigar smokers are interested in talking about. I am always asking people I meet, if they smoke cigars, but sadly, the answer is "no" way too much of the time.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Twotacotuesday View Post
    Thank for the advice. Very helpful. Must have a lot of time on your hands. In the future, "3-4 a week" will do fine. Take less time too. Appreciate the input though.
    You're obviously either too stupid or too lazy to figure our yourself how to find the answer to your question which let's all be honest, was kinda dumb to begin with. It reminds me of this scene from Animal House:

Behavior like that here or on any other forums is generally not received very well.

And your smart-assed reply to me makes you look like an even bigger ass so you just go right on being you and see how far that gets you in life. Let me explain this in a little more detail to you since unfortunately again, you're either too stupid, too arrogant or too ignorant to even consider the fact that you did something foolish here. Like Flounder in the Animal House video above, you come into a new place whether it be a fraternity house or a cigar smokers site. There are a bunch of us sitting around smoking cigars or playing cards like in the video. You/Flounder ask a pretty silly question and you get glared at. Now here's where you and Flounder took completely different paths: Flounder realized he made an ass out of himself, didn't get all pissy, arrogant and defensive and learned something from the experience and just walked away without shooting his mouth off. You on the other hand just told all the guys at the card table that we have way too much time on our hands with a smug, obnoxious and smart-assed tone and now you're just standing there ready to get the $hit beat out of you by pretty much everyone at the card table/cigar smokers site. So here's what you can do at this point, man up and admit you were obnoxious and apologize or go on being a jerk and see how far that gets you here as I alluded to in the first sentence in this paragraph.

Okay, here's my answer as to how many cigars I smoke in a week "Zero to 40." Anything else I can do for you?
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 02-18-2014 at 03:13 PM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

When we had nice warm weather around I usually smoked one a day on weekdays and 2 a day on weekends. Now that this horrible winter has set in I am lucky to get in 3 or 4 a week. Supposed to be warming up around here so I have a nice supply of sticks just waiting. May have to chain smoke 2 or 3 come friday.
    May your ashes be long and your smoke be plentiful...

Blog Entries

By the way, Two Taco, I found a poll with how often people smoked by searching "How often do you smoke?". It was about four pages or so deep in the search results. It took me about 39 seconds to find it. I never saw it before, so I answered the poll. It doesn't create a new post, so you don't have to worry about resurrecting an old thread. It must have taken you a lot longer to write your original question. This isn't a kiddie site, so don't squabble with the veterans here -- they'll eat you up!

9. Default

Honestly folks, the question was more of a conversational fun question. I had no intent to ruffle feathers. However when someone goes out of their way to tough talk someone on a internet forum,I just have to laugh. I am no stranger to forums and I know how searches work. My post was intended to inspire a lively chat rather than inspire some dick to point out the obvious. Perhaps this forum isn't for me after all. I thank those who offered helpful advice on my posts. And to the fella who wishes I "man up" and appologize to a self riteous dick who thinks he is the forum mediator... GFY.

Blog Entries

The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Blog Entries

I am scared to ask how you know about that video. How often do you watch Youtube videos? Well, how often? How many per week? I have been getting more and more into Youtube videos; and, of course, watching more. I have been watching 2-3 per weekend. Make me feel better about my sinful self please!
    Craig
    Ahhhhhhhhhhh Cigar Jesus just wept - kevin7
    A cigar storage primer | Basic Cuban cigar info

Blog Entries

I was trying to find a clip of Lightning McQueen in the first "Cars" movie where he fake laughs after the Rusteez guys make their jokes, but I didn't find it, so I typed in "fake laugh" on google video, and that was right there.

I probably watch 10-15 youtube videos a week, counting ones I just turn off, because they're stupid.
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Blog Entries

When it is warm out I'll watch 2-3 youtube videos per day. With the weather we've had lately I've only been able to watch 1-2 per week. It looks like that is all about to change, Spring is right around the corner. Fingers crossed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by craig View Post
    I am scared to ask how you know about that video. How often do you watch Youtube videos? Well, how often? How many per week? I have been getting more and more into Youtube videos; and, of course, watching more. I have been watching 2-3 per weekend. Make me feel better about my sinful self please!
    Too many...

http://youtu.be/_-lT1oOU7b4

Last edited by ggiese; 02-20-2014 at 11:52 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by threeenchiladawednesday View Post
    Honestly folks, the question was more of a conversational fun question. I had no intent to ruffle feathers. However when someone goes out of their way to tough talk someone on a internet forum,I just have to laugh. I am no stranger to forums and I know how searches work. My post was intended to inspire a lively chat rather than inspire some dick to point out the obvious. Perhaps this forum isn't for me after all. I thank those who offered helpful advice on my posts. And to the fella who wishes I "man up" and appologize to a self riteous dick who thinks he is the forum mediator... GFY.
    Let's see, you claim you're "no stranger to forums and I know how searches work" however you won't do a search and ask an obvious question anyway? You're talking out of both sides of your ass on that one you douchebag. So are you some kind of "internet troll" as they say who just wants to start trouble? Oh sure, you simply "intended to inspire a lively chat," that's acutally pretty funny!

You're right you asshole, this forum isn't for you, you're a low-grade moron who can't figure out how to spell and use words with three syllables or more and you have an extremely short fuse. Your kind never lasts here so why don't you just leave now and spare us all, including yourself a whole lot of aggravation?
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 02-21-2014 at 11:01 AM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by craig View Post
    For me craig, it's anywhere from zero to 40. I'll go months without watching a YouTube video however there are other times where I'll spend inordinate amounts of time watching them. Anything else I can do for you?
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

17. Default

Eh prolly this is not the forum you were looking for. No biggie though as we won't miss you and you will carry the butt hurt you received here for generations . OH btw I have been on lots of moderated forums but never a mediated one. Bye bye spoogefelcher
    The older I get ,the better I was

Threeenchiladawednesday. This is interesting...

What kind of forums have you been involved in where asking a question like you did in this thread is a conversational "fun" question? Clearly you're oblivious that these types of forums view the "fun" a bit differently. And - you responded exactly as expected...

Enjoy your journey, my socially stunted friend.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    Threeenchiladawednesday. This is interesting...

What kind of forums have you been involved in where asking a question like you did in this thread is a conversational "fun" question? Clearly you're oblivious that these types of forums view the "fun" a bit differently. And - you responded exactly as expected...

Enjoy your journey, my socially stunted friend.
    It's a shame to see him burning down like this. I really did like his username.

Thread Information