Thread: What's Happening - DOS?

Blog Entries

Default What's Happening - DOS?

Can anyone figure out what's happening to the board? Are under some kind of Denial of Service attack?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by illilli View Post
    Can anyone figure out what's happening to the board? Are under some kind of Denial of Service attack?
    This is like an creepy episode of the Twilight Zone....where I'm the only one left on the planet. I mean, I haven't been outside for days, is it possible? Could my family be the only ones left?

I always thought this would happen....living here in Southern Maryland which is very much like Montana, if you forget the urban swell and the lack of mountains.

Oh well, I hope SKYNET lets this last communication throu...........ao5828=09mgj''6

I have not been able to get on for about 4 days. And now when I can get on its like dial up slow. PLEASE ADVISE!!!!!!
    May your ashes be long and your smoke be plentiful...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
    I have not been able to get on for about 4 days. And now when I can get on its like dial up slow. PLEASE ADVISE!!!!!!
    Well, I guess it's just BH and me left. At least, I'll have good company to smoke all the world's cigars with!

At least, I am able to post-whore almost exclusively now! WOOT! yeah....., whatever...

Blog Entries

Not quite sure what happened. I was able to fix the issue by changing how vbulletin connects to the database. It seems to be snappy right now, but I'm not sure why it broke to begin with.. I'll keep looking at it over the next couple of days.

Sorry it took so long to get on this, I was out of town for Scrum Product Owner training and have been swamped!
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

I don't what problems you all had - when it started to slow down for me I just hooked up my old Radio Shack 300 baud modem with Mosaic and went back to the good ol' days!

Blog Entries

***shakes from postwhore withdrawal***
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    I don't what problems you all had - when it started to slow down for me I just hooked up my old Radio Shack 300 baud modem with Mosaic and went back to the good ol' days!
    I never used a 300 baud modem because when people where using these modems, there wasn't anything to connect to unless you were a business. I did however, connect at 1200 baud back in the bulletin board days. Me and Mathew were playing War Games!

Blog Entries

I have been like a junkie denied his sweet medication this past week. Not being able to say things that aren't helpful in any way, shape, or form. I have so many useless, worthless things that I really need to get off my chest, one of which is not hair. I'm as bald on my chest today as I was when I was 8. Man it feels good to post here again!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by illilli View Post
    I never used a 300 baud modem because when people where using these modems, there wasn't anything to connect to unless you were a business. I did however, connect at 1200 baud back in the bulletin board days. Me and Mathew were playing War Games!
    I too missed out on the 300 baud modems and started with a 1200 baud. I had two phone lines as well so I could run a BBS on my 486. Now when I find myself mentioning a BBS to the younger generation I just say, "think if it as a much smaller version of the internet" I used to enjoy all the "door games" but Legend of the Red Dragon was my favorite. Being the SysOp of the BBS, I was able to play it every day.

Thanks for the reminder illilli you just made me all misty and nostalgic! I think I'll go pull out my oldest CD's full of saved files and see if I didn't burn a copy of my entire BBS to disk. If I did, I'll install DOS on a PIII I have kicking around and I'll fire it up just so I can play some of those old games!

I had the same issues as everyone else and had no way of getting ahold of anybody to mention it. I kept getting a database error and figured it had to do with the recent move. It's running great right now!
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

Blog Entries

Next time maybe a few emails could be sent out. Like a phone tree you know! It is running pretty snappy right now!

http://www.cmt.com/videos/eric-churc...le-smoke.jhtml?

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to

choose it, and the strength

to make it endure

Would those of you who do not mind PM me your email addresses? So if I have problems and it is on my end only I can email you and make sure its the whole board and not just me. I kept thinking maybe I had an issue(no smart ass comments needed). lol Anyways glad to see things are better, seems fast and working well to me.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
    Would those of you who do not mind PM me your email addresses? So if I have problems and it is on my end only I can email you and make sure its the whole board and not just me. I kept thinking maybe I had an issue(no smart ass comments needed). lol Anyways glad to see things are better, seems fast and working well to me.
    I'll PM ya my email.
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Thank you Will. I would hate to be up on the PIF and you guys think I skipped out on ya. Or in the middle of a split or trade. I appreciate it.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Thread Information