Thread: Pipe Tobacco for Cigars?

Blog Entries

Default Pipe Tobacco for Cigars?

I have a couple of pipes and have dabbled with some aromatics over years, but none of them hold my attention for very long and I hardly ever seem to want to go back to them. I love the idea of smoking a pipe, I'm thinking I may just need to try some good blends that are not aromatic. I am going out today to buy a few, I've read a lot of reviews and I figure just like cigars it's going to take some time and trial and error to figure out what I really like here.

So, to my proposed offer. If there are any experienced pipe smokers here that would like to trade some of your "go to" pipe tobaccos for some cigars let me know. I'd love to get a good sampling from one of you guys that knows a thing or two about good pipe tobaccos. I would prefer to only do this trade with an established member here, and I will be glad to send my end first. I will also do my damndest to make it worth your time and effort.

Blog Entries

I'm not the most experienced pipe smoker on here, but I have plenty of tobacco, and I don't do very many aromatics....there are only 2 that come to mind in my stash.
    I'd be happy to help you out. As a matter of fact, I think maybe I said I'd send you some samples a while back, and never did it.

My feelings won't be hurt if you wait a bit to see if someone with more experience chimes in. Pm me when if you want.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    I'm not the most experienced pipe smoker on here, but I have plenty of tobacco, and I don't do very many aromatics....there are only 2 that come to mind in my stash.
    I'd be happy to help you out. As a matter of fact, I think maybe I said I'd send you some samples a while back, and never did it.

My feelings won't be hurt if you wait a bit to see if someone with more experience chimes in. Pm me when if you want.

Let's do this. If someone else "with more experience" wants to set up a trade I'm sure I could accommodate them as well. I certainly am not short on cigars.

I did buy two tins today, Dunhill Early Morning Pipe, and Ashton Consummate Gentleman. Looking forward to trying these. I'll probably load one up tonight.

Blog Entries

Cool, I'll get something together over the weekend.
    This is a good resource for finding tobacco's to try: http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/

Early Morning pipe is nice.....in the morning.
    You'll probably self-combust when you open the tin labeled Gentleman.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    Cool, I'll get something together over the weekend.
    This is a good resource for finding tobacco's to try: http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/

Early Morning pipe is nice.....in the morning.
    You'll probably self-combust when you open the tin labeled Gentleman.

lol - Are you implying I'm not a gentleman? I certainly am not a scholar, but a gentleman I am. Ask daydrunk, I open his car door for him every time we go somewhere together.

Quote Originally Posted by kingbeefy View Post
    lol - Are you implying I'm not a gentleman? I certainly am not a scholar, but a gentleman I am. Ask daydrunk, I open his car door for him every time we go somewhere together.
    Because he is too drunk to find the handle does not count.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
    May your ashes be long and your smoke be plentiful...

Default Pipe Tobacco for Cigars?

Most of the time I am too drunk, but I am also extremely lazy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I'll have the Milk steak and Jelly Beans
    -Charlie

Blog Entries

I received a very nice selection of pipe tobacco from ashauler today. I can't wait to start sampling all of this!

Default Dunhill 965

I've been a pipe smoker for several decades. My go to tobacco is Dunhill my mixture 965, an English blend, although I also enjoy a Balkan blend by Peter Stolkelbie called Balkan Supreme. I have some 965 in bulk if you'd like to try some.
    Joe

Brent, having been into pipes for a little over a year now, I'm not an expert by any stretch of the imagination, nor would I even consider myself "experienced" in the least, considering the vast array of available blends. However, I have become very interested, have tried quite a lot of blends, and have amassed a considerable collection of pipes and pipe tobaccos, and would be more than willing to share if you're interested. The best aromatic blend I've had (and one of the very few I really like) is a 50/50 mixture of Lane 1-Q and BCA. I'd have to agree with joetattoo on the Dunhill 965, also Early Morning, Night Cap, and Frog Morton are some of the better non-aromatic blends I've tried. PM me for a care package.
    "I have made it a rule never to smoke more than one cigar at a time." ~ Mark Twain

"Internet quotes are always 100% accurate." ~ Abraham Lincoln

No cigars necessary, btw. Just want to share, as I am not any sort of experienced whatsoever, and you may not like anything I have to offer..
    "I have made it a rule never to smoke more than one cigar at a time." ~ Mark Twain

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SPEEDRACER View Post
    No cigars necessary, btw. Just want to share, as I am not any sort of experienced whatsoever, and you may not like anything I have to offer..
    I really appreciate the offer but I just haven't smoked a pipe like I thought I might. I do smoke it some but at my current pace I have enough pipe tobacco to last me the rest of my life. :)

I do really appreciate the offer. Good to see you back.

No problem. Enjoy what you have. And let me know if you run across anything noteworthy! Or if you decide you need help smoking what you've got... I might just drive up one weekend for a pipe-herf with you and daydrunk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SPEEDRACER View Post
    No problem. Enjoy what you have. And let me know if you run across anything noteworthy! Or if you decide you need help smoking what you've got... I might just drive up one weekend for a pipe-herf with you and daydrunk
    I certainly will. Thanks again.

Thread Information