Thread: Beetles?

Default Beetles?

Got these in and put them into freezer for 3 days. When I took them out I noticed this. About the size of a ball point med pen. Have not checked others yet. Its smoking fine. Is it beetles?

May your ashes be long and your smoke be plentiful...

Blog Entries

Doesn't look like it to me.
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Blog Entries

Maybe a miniature vampire?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well after careful dissection of extinguished delicious cigar. I found that the holes did not go through the binder. No beetles anywhere to find. I went ahead through all the filler. Nothing unusual looking. After doing this I realize I really need a pipe. The remaining tobacco looked and smelled amazing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
    Well after careful dissection of extinguished delicious cigar. I found that the holes did not go through the binder. No beetles anywhere to find. I went ahead through all the filler. Nothing unusual looking. After doing this I realize I really need a pipe. The remaining tobacco looked and smelled amazing.
    I see nothing here to disprove my tiny vampire theory.

Quote Originally Posted by kingbeefy View Post
    True....the cigar was great so the vamp didn't get all the bloody flavor.lol

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kingbeefy View Post
    I agree with the miniature vampire theory.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Blog Entries

They look like enhanced microcuts. Yeah, I don't know what that means either. Maybe something came in contact with your cigar some time during it's life and left those marks which were enhanced by the contraction of freezing cold. Probably caused by something happening to the tobacco before it was rolled.

We could make up a story about what happened. I imagine Jonathan Drew walking through some aromatic warehouse. He's not exactly sure what the hell he's doing, but he wants to look real cool. He's got this little tool that he invented that he uses to snatch up a tobacco leave, smell it and test it's structure. He does this throughout the warehouse. Suddenly, he sticks a leave that is destined for greatness. Little did Jon know that somewhere a Bow-Hunting Hoosier would put this leave in his freezer and discover the marks left by his passing. If he knew the story of how that leave would be torn apart and put into a pipe, I wonder what he would think....probably think, "man, this is a crazy world where anything could happen!"
    puro pot pass VI loser

Quote Originally Posted by illilli View Post
    They look like enhanced microcuts. Yeah, I don't know what that means either. Maybe something came in contact with your cigar some time during it's life and left those marks which were enhanced by the contraction of freezing cold. Probably caused by something happening to the tobacco before it was rolled.

We could make up a story about what happened. I imagine Jonathan Drew walking through some aromatic warehouse. He's not exactly sure what the hell he's doing, but he wants to look real cool. He's got this little tool that he invented that he uses to snatch up a tobacco leave, smell it and test it's structure. He does this throughout the warehouse. Suddenly, he sticks a leave that is destined for greatness. Little did Jon know that somewhere a Bow-Hunting Hoosier would put this leave in his freezer and discover the marks left by his passing. If he knew the story of how that leave would be torn apart and put into a pipe, I wonder what he would think....probably think, "man, this is a crazy world where anything could happen!"
    I like it.....damn you JD.;)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	damagedgoods2.jpg 
Views:	312 
Size:	36.3 KB 
ID:	3763

That is what beetle damage looks like.

Frank - It does not appear to me you have beetles chomping on your cigars...

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	damagedgoods2.jpg 
Views:	312 
Size:	36.3 KB 
ID:	3763

That is what beetle damage looks like.

Frank - It does not appear to me you have beetles chomping on your cigars...
    Ewww...thats nasty. Definitely not what I had. Went through all other cigars from the shipment and no issues seen. Those damn little vampires.....or JD and his leaf pick up tool.

Thread Information