Thread: Labels Off Damn It!

Blog Entries

Default Labels Off Damn It!

All,

I just wanted to tell everyone that I take the labels off before I smoke every cigar. I just can't stand the way the label feels in my hand. Also, the label is often located in a place where I DO NOT hold the cigar and then my fingers rub against it as I smoke the cigar. It just adds one more thing I have to think about later as I have to remove the label at some point. I hate having extra things to remember while I'm smoking.

If I start taking pictures of cigars without labels, I don't want anyone judging me. I'll try to remember to put the label somewhere in the picture to prove that is the cigar I'm smoking. (yeah, I realize that noone really cares, but let's just pretend otherwise.)

(I suppose I could just re-use the same label over and over....Oh yeah, I smoked another Opus X today...WOOT! I bet if I just put good cigar labels next to my crappy un-labeled cigars that the crappy cigar would taste better! If I had enough beer, I KNOW it would! )
    puro pot pass VI loser

Blog Entries

Different strokes...

I don't really have a problem with this. Often when I'm working on something unpleasant, like an engine, the label provides me with a place to hold to not get gas all over my cigar. YMMV. Also, sometimes they just don't want to come off (the labels) and smoking closer to them allows for the glue to soften and I can get them off easier. Again, YMMV.

Will
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Blog Entries

Wait, were you looking for input?

Uncle Tupelo

Blog Entries

Maybe not.

(triple post)

Buzz, you're rusty.

Uncle Tupelo

Blog Entries

LOL...no, just making commentary. I know all about the pro's and con's of label on and label off. I just hate smoking with the label on and so far, I've managed to get all labels off; even those tricky ones. I use a serrated knife as a last resort.

I don't work with my hands, other than to type; that's probably why I don't have any cigar-smoking friends. Stereotypically, cigar smokers are often skilled laborers or actors. Usually professions with "or" in them, I find.
    puro pot pass VI loser

Blog Entries

I never take the cello off when smoking a cigar. YOLO

Blog Entries

I usually remove them about halfway through the cigar. I used to keep a journal and would tape the label in the journal with my notes about the cigar, but after ~100 of those I was bored with that and just toss em now. The removal is more of an ADD thing for me I think, sort of like taking the label off a beer bottle.
    Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Buzz is smoking our cigars. This probably is his triumphant scam.

Blog Entries

Buzz, you're rusty.
    I'm working on it though... give me another week.
    Buzz is smoking our cigars. This probably is his triumphant scam.

Blog Entries

I actually take them off when they are about to burn. I then put them in a cigar box. I start a new box each year. It's been neat to go back to previous years boxes (I only have two complete so far, started my third this year) and see what my smoking trends were from year to year.

Blog Entries

Long ago wasn't there some guy in here selling a book where you could paste the label into it and write about the cigar. It
    was a way of keeping track of all the cigars he smoked and remember what he paid for them ect.

kingbeefy
    I never take the cello off when smoking a cigar

That was almost believable..:)

http://www.cmt.com/videos/eric-churc...le-smoke.jhtml?

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to

choose it, and the strength

to make it endure

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kingbeefy View Post
    I actually take them off when they are about to burn. I then put them in a cigar box. I start a new box each year. It's been neat to go back to previous years boxes (I only have two complete so far, started my third this year) and see what my smoking trends were from year to year.
    I like this idea and it would not interfere with my label-off mentality!
    puro pot pass VI loser

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cinda View Post
    Long ago wasn't there some guy in here selling a book where you could paste the label into it and write about the cigar. It
    was a way of keeping track of all the cigars he smoked and remember what he paid for them ect.

kingbeefy
    I never take the cello off when smoking a cigar

That was almost believable..:)
    Oh, you should see it! :)

Quote Originally Posted by illilli View Post

I don't work with my hands, other than to type; that's probably why I don't have any cigar-smoking friends. Stereotypically, cigar smokers are often skilled laborers or actors. Usually professions with "or" in them, I find.
    Yeah. The janitor would get a lot more done if he would put out his stogie.

I always pull the label off before I smoke. The last thing I want to do is wrestle with a label at any point during my cigar enjoyment process.
    "smoking is one of the greatest and cheapest enjoyments in life,
    and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you."-Sigmund Freud

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small" - Mother Teresa

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” – Carlos Casteneda

Quote Originally Posted by Roham View Post
    I always pull the label off before I smoke. The last thing I want to do is wrestle with a label at any point during my cigar enjoyment process.
    I am the opposite. My worst nightmare is wrestling with the label before I light up and tearing the wrapper. I recently took the label off of a Davidoff prior to lighting it up and the doggone thing completely unraveled (the label was stuck to the wrapper). When I talked to my local shop - he recommended I keep the label on because, more than anything else, when the cigar lightly heats up the label the glue has a tendency to unstick much easier. It does seem to work...

Thread Information