Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Cigarsmokers Fantasy Football 2014 sign-up and rules

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kingbeefy View Post
    I beat Buzzbombers again. Lol
    Calm down. This is no place for ridiculous outburts.
    Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Buzz is smoking our cigars. This probably is his triumphant scam.

Blog Entries

By 0.68 points. Lol

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kingbeefy View Post
    By 0.68 points. Lol
    Damn, that would have been an ass-kicking last year! This year, not so much.

Blog Entries

40.3?! Lynch, you magnificent bastard!

Blog Entries

Well, I have two players that play tonight, but unless J. Maclin catches a pass and then runs 120 yards in the wrong direction and C. Parkey kicks himself in the face on a field goal attempt, I've already won. Again. Calm down everyone, just nod in admiration and try to control yourself while I sign some autographs. I'll get to you soon enough, just be patient.

I debated whether I should come here and brag about yet another fantastic win and decided that I shouldn't because it would be mean and I know that you guys are all really trying hard. I appreciate the attempts you are making and it's clear that you are putting every ounce of effort you can into taking me down. So instead of going on and on about how awesome my team is and how we win every single week so handily and all that, I will simply say that you guys are doing the best that you can, and you should hold your heads high and know that even though the spankings I hand out hurt for a time, in the future, perhaps not this decade, but later on in life, you will be stronger from them -- and who knows, maybe someday you too will have the amazingly epic FFL skills to compete at my level. I'm not saying you will beat me, but the losses you will suffer won't be so incredibly embarassing to the point that you are hoping my kicker kicks himself in the face.

So this week I give you the clapping smiley, not for my 47th or 48th win in a row (I can't remember now, it's hard to keep track) -- but for you... for trying, for showing up and even though you knew I was going to tear the field up -- you didn't give up. You tried, and really that is just the only thing you can do against me.

So here's to you all, very nice tries from all of you.

Blog Entries

My motivational cup runeth over.

Blog Entries

Buzz, when are you going to break 1000 points? I've been here for a week now. It's starting to get lonely.

Blog Entries

Well dangit, I forgot that the football season wasn't over yet and completely missed dealing with two players that are on a bye week.

Congrats, whoever I'm playing this week... my inability to understand how the days of the week thing works may have given you a win.

But in the grand scheme of things, whatevs...

I've still got this whole thing locked up.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eville View Post
    Buzz, when are you going to break 1000 points? I've been here for a week now. It's starting to get lonely.
    I have way, way more than 1,000 points. You must have mistakenly looked at "points against" -- which of course for me is very, very low and will likely never reach 1,000.

did i really lose twice in a row by less than a point. Un fucking believable

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DanB6177 View Post
    did i really lose twice in a row by less than a point. Un fucking believable
    Yep, stings a bit. Last year, the championship was decided by less than 1.5 points, and 3rd place by less than 1. All 4 teams in the finals had the exact same record.
    At least this year we didn't have a shit-head smelling up the league.

Blog Entries

Well, you all know what happened. Somehow I figured out how to take the two guys who weren't playing football this week and replace them with two players who were playing, which was nice. And of course, no surprise...

Not that I needed those two guys who actually played though, as I won by somewhere around 75 points. At some point over the weekend I receieved an email from Dan saying that Murray had been dropped. Now I consider myself somewhat tech-savvy, but honestly I had absolutely no idea if Dan was sending me some sort of private message, or if it was a community notice that I had dropped Murray, or if someone else had done it.

Also, I don't know if Murray is his first or last name, and I don't know if he plays K, RB, or DEF. I tried as hard as I could to figure out what the heck Dan was talking about but after 30 minutes lost in Yahoo's amazingly complex website I gave up and went to Ebay to search for a pair of those pink "Juicy" shorts to send Jamie for Christmas.

Unfortunately, since I was so busy shopping for Jamie I completely forgot to vote for myself for winning again, which means that I may drop a place or two in the league pick 'em. But let's be honost, the pick 'em is just a way for the losers to feel like they still have a chance to win something. I may go ahead and let you guys fight over the dog rocket winnings for the pick 'em and instead focus on remembering to actually set my roster before the games begin.

I apologize for getting everyone's hopes up this week and then smashing them in to bits, that was very cruel and I feel pretty bad about it. To make up for it I will not toy with your emotions this week -- I'll simply tell you that I will win again by many, many, many points.

It was a board message not a PM. Was just curious as to why one would drop the Rb with the most points in the league. I think we may never know

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DanB6177 View Post
    It was a board message not a PM. Was just curious as to why one would drop the Rb with the most points in the league. I think we may never know
    You are aware that K-Town Megatrons manager is DayDrunk........aren't ya?
    More than likely he dropped him unintentionally instead of just putting him on the bench for his bye week, which I'm sure was his intention.
    And, yes, I do kinda feel a little bad for snatching him up.
    Kinda.

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    You are aware that K-Town Megatrons manager is DayDrunk........aren't ya?
    More than likely he dropped him unintentionally instead of just putting him on the bench for his bye week, which I'm sure was his intention.
    Kinda.
    Dont feel bad it will probably win you the league. I thought Daydrunk was just a name he chose to be funny. Apparently I was wrong lol he really meant it. Should probably make a rule like I see in other leagues that makes certain players who could change the face of the league undroppable. I dont know why most Yahoo leagues dont do that

Blog Entries

So, now that I have further clinched my playoff spot, how do those things work as far as the rest of the players in the league, the ones who are owned by the teams not in the playoffs. Do they all become free agents and some point and we have a free for all? Does it go into a playoff draft for them? Do we lure them in with hookers and blow?

Blog Entries

So, now that I have further clinched my playoff spot, how do those things work as far as the rest of the players in the league, the ones who are owned by the teams not in the playoffs. Do they all become free agents and some point and we have a free for all? Does it go into a playoff draft for them? Do we lure them in with hookers and blow?
    So am I to infer from this that we are not already in the playoffs?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    I've got a lil magical Christmas request in with that fat dude that should make everything turn out just fine...

Blog Entries

I think there is knife fighting involved. And donkeys.
    Seriously though, the rosters lock for all teams that aren't in the playoffs. I don't remember when that happens though, before or after the knife fight.
    We'll use a "can't cut list" next year.

Blog Entries

Well shoot, I have done absolutely everything I could to try to get my projected points to be above David's... but there's just no way. I've added and dropped and benched and un-benched and sorted and filtered and moved and shaked and baked and I'm still down by like 50 points. I even added a new TE who can't play football, just like my other TE who can't play football and has the "Q" by his name. So I figured out that you can click on the "Q" and it will tell you very personal information about the player. In my TE's case, he got an oww wee on his ankle and I'm supposed to "check status all week" -- which is a huge issue because 1) there is absolutely no way I will remember to "check status" and B) I have nobody to put in his spot that knows how to play football anyway. So unfortunately it appears that David has a pretty good chance of drinking from the victory cup.

I mean it's like he has two teams or something. Actually, I saw that he added Green Bay but is playing the Colts for DEF so the only thing that makes sense here is that Yahoo's site is so screwed up that they are giving him double points for both teams. I went ahead and sent an email to Yahoo's support staff to see if they can fix this obvious bug in the system but my guess is they will be unable to address the problem until after the points post for this week -- and of course the rule in FFL is that once the points post, they can't be unposted. I won't cry about it, I mean it is totally unfair and all, but I won't cry. If David wants to win with these little tricks that is on him -- I sleep just fine at night.

So go ahead David and enjoy your last win before you go on a 22-game losing streak (once Yahoo fixes their buggy website). I won't even hint at the posibility that I could beat you because it is so incredibly impossible -- like ascending Mt. Everest nude impossible -- like hula-hooping underwater impossible -- like removing your mailing address from Famous Smokes impossible.

Thread Information