Thread: Favorite Cigar Cutter

Default Favorite Cigar Cutter

I was recently asked by a friend what my favorite type of cigar cutter is, and was given a very disdainful look of shock and disbelief when I pulled it from my pocked and showed him... I have owned quite a few cigar cutters, but have always resorted back to "old faithful". I've tried about every brand and style I've ever heard of, and I guess if I have a favorite, this is it. It's always razor sharp, always in my pocket, cuts any shape or size without issue, always makes a perfect clean cut, is more than capable of making whichever type of cut you desire, and has never messed one up. I can't say the same about any other "cigar cutter" I've ever owned... Who could ask for anything more? Here she is. What's your favorite?

Blog Entries

My Xikar, or any cheapy that is withing reaching distance, or my fingernail
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

When I noticed the utterly appalled look on his face, caused by my cigar cutter, I took it upon myself to show off my favorite cigar lighter as well! He didn't speak to me for the rest of the day... Ha!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    My Xikar, or any cheapy that is withing reaching distance, or my fingernail
    Whatever works!

Blog Entries

I'm appalled! I never light with a blue bic. Black or orange only imo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6. Default

You will have snobs in any gathering. I carry a Kershaw Leek that is razor sharp. It can cut open a box,whittle,clean fingernails,gut a man and cut a cigar properly

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ks1660brckt.jpg 
Views:	787 
Size:	28.6 KB 
ID:	3821
    The older I get ,the better I was

Quote Originally Posted by kingbeefy View Post
    I'm appalled! I never light with a blue bic. Black or orange only imo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I normally use black, and have used orange on occasion, but have been using this blue one for the past week or so, as it was a choice between blue, pink, LSU Tigers, or N.O. Saints last time I bought one at the local gas station. It was not the noob's intention at all to insult the great and powerful kingbeefy by using the wrong color Bic, as he will soon hopefully be making selections for my "newbie sampler". I sincerely apologise, and will pick up a black one tomorrow, sir!

Quote Originally Posted by kevin7 View Post
    You will have snobs in any gathering. I carry a Kershaw Leek that is razor sharp. It can cut open a box,whittle,clean fingernails,gut a man and cut a cigar properly

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ks1660brckt.jpg 
Views:	787 
Size:	28.6 KB 
ID:	3821
    While I do own several Kershaws, (Leek included) and fine cutting tools they are, this somewhat rusty but still razor sharp Klein is my "backup" cigar cutter, as it rides in the OTHER pocket at all times.

Quote Originally Posted by SPEEDRACER View Post
    While I do own several Kershaws, (Leek included) and fine cutting tools they are, this somewhat rusty but still razor sharp Klein is my "backup" cigar cutter, as it rides in the OTHER pocket at all times.
    Well, I favor my Xikar cutter and lighter for two reasons. One, they're extremely well made and two, their warranty.

When cutting a cigar, I open my Xikar, lay it on a flat surface (button up) and then stand my cigar in it and cut. I find this gives me a perfect cut every time. The perfect depth without going past the cap.

Also, I have a Swiss Army Knife I always carry with me that has a cigar cutter attachment that works quite well when used correctly.
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

Blog Entries

Not sure why, but I'm partial to this one.

And for a lighter, I've used the Blazer CG-001 for a couple years now. I dig it.
    Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Buzz is smoking our cigars. This probably is his triumphant scam.

Thread Information