Thread: Anyone having IOS 8 compatibility issues?

Default Anyone having IOS 8 compatibility issues?

Ever since I updated to IOS 8, I've not been able to upload pics here. Just wondering if this is the cause of my problem, or just a coincidence... Anyone else having the same trouble?

Before this update, I was having trouble with my uploads being rotated 90 degrees, and was attempting to remedy this problem with my avatar and profile pic by rotating them the opposite direction before uploading, and in the process, ended up deleting every picture in my album (thinking I'd rotate them and upload again), before realizing I couldn't upload new ones... DAMN TECHNOLOGY! Ha!

Blog Entries

What is "IOS 8"?
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86 View Post
    What is "IOS 8"?
    If I'm not mistaken, it's the forth version of IOS, which is that app where you launch birds into bowling pins.
    Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Buzz is smoking our cigars. This probably is his triumphant scam.

Quote Originally Posted by SPEEDRACER View Post
    Ever since I updated to IOS 8, I've not been able to upload pics here. Just wondering if this is the cause of my problem, or just a coincidence... Anyone else having the same trouble?

Before this update, I was having trouble with my uploads being rotated 90 degrees, and was attempting to remedy this problem with my avatar and profile pic by rotating them the opposite direction before uploading, and in the process, ended up deleting every picture in my album (thinking I'd rotate them and upload again), before realizing I couldn't upload new ones... DAMN TECHNOLOGY! Ha!
    Ive been reluctant to download it but gonna bite the bullet tonight and see what happens. I hate updating when a new phone comes out. I have a 5S and this new IOS 8 is for the 6 so hoping it dont screw up my phone. Usually they do this then come out with a new version when they see all the older phones are incompatible.
    I have heard that the 4's will not work anymore as designed with the newer IOS 8.

Quote Originally Posted by DanB6177 View Post
    Ive been reluctant to download it but gonna bite the bullet tonight and see what happens. I hate updating when a new phone comes out. I have a 5S and this new IOS 8 is for the 6 so hoping it dont screw up my phone. Usually they do this then come out with a new version when they see all the older phones are incompatible.
    I have heard that the 4's will not work anymore as designed with the newer IOS 8.
    Well, my phone is an old Samsung Rugby flip-phone, so no problems there.. Ha! My problem is with this iPod touch 5 (essentially an iPhone without the phone) that I use for my music, and to post pics when I'm out in the yard smoking, but now I can't do that anymore... I wouldn't have a smartphone (especially not an iPhone) if somebody gave it to me! Hopefully, it's just a compatibility issue, and the iPeople will fix this problem soon.

Quote Originally Posted by buzz View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, it's the forth version of IOS, which is that app where you launch birds into bowling pins.
    I'm pretty sure that's a very popular app called Pissed-Off Birds. I hear it's pretty doggone fun...

No - I believe IOS8 is that stuff they use to clean stains out of shirts.

I could not get my iPad to post a photo via Safari, but Tapatalk worked...

Quote Originally Posted by SPEEDRACER View Post
    Well, my phone is an old Samsung Rugby flip-phone, so no problems there.. Ha! My problem is with this iPod touch 5 (essentially an iPhone without the phone) that I use for my music, and to post pics when I'm out in the yard smoking, but now I can't do that anymore... I wouldn't have a smartphone (especially not an iPhone) if somebody gave it to me! Hopefully, it's just a compatibility issue, and the iPeople will fix this problem soon.
    I don't blame you - I wanted absolutely nothing to do with iPhones or iPads until I won an iPad 2 - then bought my first iPhone 5 for $99. Now I picked up the 5S for $79. Sad to say - can't live without them now. These doggone things are pretty slick...

Default Anyone having IOS 8 compatibility issues?

I updated my iPhone 5s (work phone) when the update came out. I just went to try tapatalk to see if I could upload a pic and got the following message:

NOTICE
    This forum's Tapatalk API has expired. If you're the admin of this community pleased update the Tapatalk API to the latest version. Thank you.

So that's likely why it didn't work for you. Not an issue with the iPhone/iTouch, but with the Tapatalk API here at CN.

I continued on and was still able to post...........go figure!
    Last edited by CptnBlues63; 09-23-2014 at 09:24 AM. Reason: see if I could post a pic
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

Apparently, the new IOS 8 (IOS 8.2.1, or whatever the number was) patch they put out last night fixed my issue! Thanks for all your assistance and suggestions!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	796 
Size:	96.5 KB 
ID:	3837

Don't know why it stuck the pic in the middle of the text though... Lol

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by buzz View Post
    LMAO! At least SOMEONE answered my question.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86 View Post
    LMAO! At least SOMEONE answered my question.
    Anytime! By the way, the Dropkick Murphys are playing at the Rialto Theatre here in Tucson in November. Thinking about taking the wifey to check them out.
    Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Buzz is smoking our cigars. This probably is his triumphant scam.

Thread Information