Tunes: Not recorded
    Date Smoked: 2-27-14

Wrapper: Connecticut
    Binder: Brazil
    Filler: Nicaraguan
    Draw: Medium
    Burn: Good
    Misc.: Nothing recorded.

Pre-light: Maduro-oscuro shade wrapper. Good construction. Pronounced veins on the body of the cigar. Rich tobacco scent, and a nice licorice, leathery taste on the cut prelight.

Light: Easy with a Bic lighter. Medium.

1st 3rd: Spicy off the bat. Full body of leather and oil. Wow. Really in your face right now. I actually hope this mellows out a bit. Ok, it is now chilling out a little, and I’m getting a more chocolaty flavor, yet with leather and oil. More complicated flavors coming through now.

Ash: Gray. Flakey with a yellow twinge. Holds for 1”

2nd 3rd: Pulls easy. I have a crack at the head that I’m trying to cover. Lots of bakers chocolate, dry flavors. Coffee for sure. Leather and oil, full body and full flavor. Like a T52 with extra. Really nice.

3rd 3rd: Typing up this review 9 months later, I see I lazily just wrote: same, with an arrow pointing to 2nd 3rd.

Overall impression: Great cigar. I guess they’re not making these again, so I’ll have to rely on the T52s.

Thanks for negotiating this deal, George!

Will
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Blog Entries

I smoked one of these at my shop a while back. I wasn't very impressed however I've only smoked one of these in my life so I don't want to jump to conclusions. I remember the first Opus X I ever smoked I pretty much hated, LOL!
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Thread Information