Thread: Any interest in some Estate Pipes

Blog Entries

Default Any interest in some Estate Pipes

I've been contemplating reducing my pipe collection. Any of you pipers out there looking for some reasonable estate pipes? Yes, you'll have to salt-treat the bowls and sanitize them, but I've got some good smokers and even an un-smoked or two.

Here's a pic of just a few of them....not all of these will be sold. If there is interest I'll post more detailed pics with pricing or trade options, etc.....:

I've considered buying a pipe once or twice, but never followed through with it... Mainly because I know NOTHING about pipe smoking, and wouldn't be sure where to start. The extent of my pipe smoking consists of Captain Black and Half n Half from a homemade corncob pipe when I was a kid. I Might be interested if you decide to sell some. I kinda like that one on the bottom left there (not sure why). What can you tell me about it?
    "I have made it a rule never to smoke more than one cigar at a time." ~ Mark Twain

"Internet quotes are always 100% accurate." ~ Abraham Lincoln

???
    "I have made it a rule never to smoke more than one cigar at a time." ~ Mark Twain

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SPEEDRACER View Post
    ???
    Yeah, sorry, had some family things come up that have been occupying my time.
    The bottom left pipe above the meerschaum case is a Mont-blanc meerlined rustic.
    It is a good smoker, and will most likely remain in my collection.

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    Yeah, sorry, had some family things come up that have been occupying my time.
    The bottom left pipe above the meerschaum case is a Mont-blanc meerlined rustic.
    It is a good smoker, and will most likely remain in my collection.
    No problem at all man. Wasn't trying to be rude with my "???", I just noticed you had been on and hadn't replied. Thought maybe you had missed my response. Yeah, definitely don't want to try to talk you out of something you want to keep for yourself. I may still be interested in one of them though, whenever you decide which ones you want to get rid of. A couple others there sorta catch my eye too, but I'll just wait and see which ones make the cut. Thanks!

Blog Entries

Thanks, I'll get to it soon.

Thread Information