Thread: Twilight Zone Marathon

Blog Entries

Default Twilight Zone Marathon

Over the New Years Weekend, there is a Twilight Zone Marathon on cable. I often feel like I've entered the twilight zone when posting on this board, but besides that and my occasional drinking of too much alcohol (I can function way after 1.2, you know?!?), I was wondering a couple of things:

1. Did you watch any of the Twilight Zone Marathon?

2. What is your favorite episode of the Twilight Zone?

My favorite episode is when all these neighbors think the "bomb" is going to drop and they tear each other up to get into the one family that built an appropriate bomb shelter. This is what would happen during the Zombie Apocalypse or really after just three days ANYWHERE (can you say New Orleans?) This was an excellent exploration of how people behave.
    puro pot pass VI loser

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by illilli View Post
    Over the New Years Weekend, there is a Twilight Zone Marathon on cable. I often feel like I've entered the twilight zone when posting on this board, but besides that and my occasional drinking of too much alcohol (I can function way after 1.2, you know?!?), I was wondering a couple of things:

1. Did you watch any of the Twilight Zone Marathon?

2. What is your favorite episode of the Twilight Zone?

My favorite episode is when all these neighbors think the "bomb" is going to drop and they tear each other up to get into the one family that built an appropriate bomb shelter. This is what would happen during the Zombie Apocalypse or really after just three days ANYWHERE (can you say New Orleans?) This was an excellent exploration of how people behave.

1) No

(I'm not trying to end discussion, we just don't have any form of TV cable / connection at all here, so we're in the dark, so to speak.)
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Blog Entries

1. Yes, I watched quite a few of them.
    2. Hard to say, I've been a big Twilight Zone fan since I was a kid and enjoy just about all the episodes I've ever seen. I like the ones that surprise you at the end, like the one with William Shatner ("Nightmare at 20,000 feet") (I've never like him as an actor, he's an obnoxious ham) where he was supposedly seeing a monster on the wing of the airplane and when they landed, the engine cowl was indeed partially ripped open. The other one I liked was the one with the recluse old woman ("The Invaders") whose house was being invaded by tiny aliens and it turned out the "aliens" were American astronauts.

What was cool was they aired an episode ("Long Distance Call") near the end that I they don't air that often because it was taped in a different format due to budget problems and it looked like a soap opera where the images were narrowed and flattened.

I also like "The Bewitchin' Pool" (brother and sister with uncaring parents dive into pool and discover Aunt T) for nostalgic reasons as it was the last ever episode of The Twilight Zone and "Where is everybody?" (Earl Holliman - the astronaut in training who was hallucinating because it turned out he was in an isolation box for ten days) because it was the first episode aired in 1959. "The Eye of the Beholder" (girl undergoes unsuccessful surgery to correct her "hideous" face) is a cool episode because the pretty girl star is the actress (Donna Douglas) who wound up playing Elly May Clampett on the Beverly Hillbillies and I just found out that she died of pancreatic cancer on January 1, 2015 the day the episode aired.

My parents were big Twilight Zone fans and while I'm too young to remember when the episodes were premiering, I remember them in rerun back in the 1960s.
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 01-04-2015 at 01:44 AM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Blog Entries

CC, those were some excellent episodes. Some of my other favorites are:

A. The one where a bus stops at a diner and one of the guests is an alien.

B. The one about it being really, really hot; however, there was a feverish twist at the end.

C. The one about playing pool. I love playing pool and it raises questions about the pursuit of excellence and its ultimate futility/price. One time at work, I was called into the meeting to be the "expert". I protested because surely someone knew more about the subject than I did. Unfortunately, I realized that there was no one else that knew as much as I knew. That frightened me a lot because I knew that I didn't really know all that much. Only at that moment, did I strive to actually be the expert; only then did I accept the responsibility and the burden. The burden of trust, the burden of responsibility to be right; the burden of staying on top. This episode really captures a portion of this idea.
    puro pot pass VI loser

Thread Information