Thread: Importing cuban cigars now legal?!?

Default Importing cuban cigars now legal?!?

...apparently so, though it's only small quantities at this point.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/lifest...115-story.html

This is pretty significant - did not expect for things to move this quickly.

Anyone up for a VR Famosos split?

Blog Entries

I didn't hear about any of this until the owner of my company, who occasionally has a cigar and knows I have more than an occasional said "So, I bet you'll be taking advantage of the new trade relaxation" and I was like "huh" and my wife recovered for me.
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Love to get some more VR Famosos. Count me in.
    May your ashes be long and your smoke be plentiful...

Blog Entries

You forgot this part:

Only Congress can fully end the 54-year embargo.
    Never mind "moving quickly" nothing's really moving at all.

I don't see Congress repealing the Trading With the Enemy Act anytime soon, if ever.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Blog Entries

Yep, you can bring them back I think up to $100 and the travel restrictions have been eased. I didn't read the article so maybe that's addressed somewhere.
    Don't know that the internet purchase option would be legal. And besides, $100 value, please, are we all gonna smoke mini's and clubs?

Anyway, in for a split. I was looking around a day or two ago and there are a couple multi-box deals out there......don't recall if VR famoso's were on it though.

Blog Entries

I have been looking since Thanksgiving and haven't found any good deals. Guess I just don't know where to look. I would be in for a split of whatever you dudes would like if it were to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    ...apparently so, though it's only small quantities at this point.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/lifest...115-story.html

This is pretty significant - did not expect for things to move this quickly.

Anyone up for a VR Famosos split?

I'd be up for that split. Your prices down in the US would be a whole lot better than ours up here.

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    Yep, you can bring them back I think up to $100 and the travel restrictions have been eased. I didn't read the article so maybe that's addressed somewhere.
    Don't know that the internet purchase option would be legal. And besides, $100 value, please, are we all gonna smoke mini's and clubs?

Anyway, in for a split. I was looking around a day or two ago and there are a couple multi-box deals out there......don't recall if VR famoso's were on it though.
    That's what I read too, $100 worth and that's what you can bring back. No idea about ordering online.

While the prices in Cuba vary from one cigar to the next (goes without saying), I suspect a decent cigar, like the VR Formosa, would run you around $200 for a box of 25. So that $100 is definitely not a big supply of cigars.

It'd be nice if I could take some Cuban's with me when I travel south of the 49th. I'd love to bring some along to trade with my buddy that owns the Cigar store in CDA. We'll see.

Oh, that article George linked, I laughed when I saw the picture of the lady selling cigars in the street. That's a dead giveaway that they're most definitely counterfeit and not what the seller is telling you they are.
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

Thread Information