Thread: Forced To Root For New England

Blog Entries

Default Forced To Root For New England

I was really enjoying watching the Packers demolish the Seahawks at home. Please understand that I am not a Packer's fan, but rather, I am a fan of good football. I'm thinking, "Here is a hungry team that was well-coached...they deserve to go to the superbowl and play the Patriots!" (You see, I don't think ANYONE on the planet thought that the lame colts had a chance in hell of getting within 20 points of the Patriots...just go check the historic previous games when those two played.)

Suddenly, as if some crazy bizarro-world event happened, the Packers look like they had a collective concussion! So, the Seahawks win and Russel is crying because he KNOW's that was a gift from somewhere (heaven or hell, which I don't know.)

So, in my opinion, neither of those teams even deserve to be in the Superbowl and therefore, since Seattle didn't really earn it as much as they were GIFTED it from Packer Lameness, I am now forced to root for the New England Patriots; something that I'm not really fond of doing! If the Seahawks win the Superbowl, I'm not going to watch any more football until September in protest!
    puro pot pass VI loser

Blog Entries

I have to disagree. I would much rather see a team with some class (Seahawks) take the win over a classless team like the Patriots. They have cheated in the past and probably cheated again last night. http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/...anapolis-colts

Also, Brady sits down when he pees.

Blog Entries

Sadly, I believe if you pulled back the curtain, you would find dirt all over the place with regards to professional sports. Who does near-illegal picks better than New England? Noone! (I say "near" because they don't get called, but they are CLEARLY picks!) That's just the tip of the iceberg. I wonder who the cleanest, most honest NFL team is? I bet they are never in the playoffs!

Just so you know, I am not a fan of New England, which is the point of my post. I'm not a fan of Seattle either.
    puro pot pass VI loser

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eville View Post
    I have to disagree. I would much rather see a team with some class (Seahawks) take the win over a classless team like the Patriots. They have cheated in the past and probably cheated again last night. http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/...anapolis-colts

Also, Brady sits down when he pees.
    I'm not exactly sure I would refer to Seahawks as "classy".

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    I'm not exactly sure I would refer to Seahawks as "classy".
    I agree. Pete Carol is anything but "classy" in my opinion.

I do like Russel Wilson, and think he may be as close to the real deal as possible in professional sports, considering attitude and philanthropic work. Similar to a Derek Jeter, maybe....Time will tell.

Also, I CANNOT STAND the patriots from top to bottom. (Yep, I am aware of capitalization. )

Therefore, I will be cheering for the Seahawks on gameday.

Blog Entries

Thread Information