Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Puro Pot Pass 7

Quote Originally Posted by grateful1 View Post
    Yes.

-----

WooHoo! Congrats...

Quote Originally Posted by S.A.W.B. View Post
    Cuban
    Can't wait to try one of those! The description made my mouth water.

Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Nice, to-the-point review.
    Hey, not everybody has the palate of a whale.

2. Default

Cuban
    Guess I shoulda clipped the triple cap off first!

;)

It was about 6:00 PM and there was a sweet bottle of JR Ewing staring at me from across the room just begging me to pour a glass. As I rolled the the smoke between my fingers studying the wrapper and closely eying the triple cap. I was thinking Dominican but then thought maybe Honduras. I decide to pour that drink before I cut the smoke so it can breath. Drink in hand I head to my smoking room and examined the cigar some more. After cutting off the cap and taking a pull on the unlit smoke I knew this was an excellent smoke. But before I put the flame to it I grab my iPod and throw on some music. As the lyrics Goin' down the road feelin' bad. Ring out of my Bose system I tost the end of the cigar finally getting it lit and on the first draw I new it has to be a cuban cigar. It had a nice dust of cedar and finished with a small amount of pepper. As I finished up the first 3rd I started to think this tast a lot like a punch. But not just any punch. Burning my way down into the second third I started to think could this be a punch-punch? The pepper kept getting stronger as I worked my way through the smoke and the cedar kept coming and coming. It was a wonderful smoke paired with an excellent drink and some great music.

Blog Entries

Now that's what I'm talking about!!!
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Blog Entries

It was about 6:00 PM and there was a sweet bottle of JR Ewing staring at me from across the room just begging me to pour a glass. As I rolled the the smoke between my fingers studying the wrapper and closely eying the triple cap. I was thinking Dominican but then thought maybe Honduras. I decide to pour that drink before I cut the smoke so it can breath. Drink in hand I head to my smoking room and examined the cigar some more. After cutting off the cap and taking a pull on the unlit smoke I knew this was an excellent smoke. But before I put the flame to it I grab my iPod and throw on some music. As the lyrics Goin' down the road feelin' bad. Ring out of my Bose system I tost the end of the cigar finally getting it lit and on the first draw I new it has to be a cuban cigar. It had a nice dust of cedar and finished with a small amount of pepper. As I finished up the first 3rd I started to think this tast a lot like a punch. But not just any punch. Burning my way down into the second third I started to think could this be a punch-punch? The pepper kept getting stronger as I worked my way through the smoke and the cedar kept coming and coming. It was a wonderful smoke paired with an excellent drink and some great music.
    This read like a super hot romance novel. I have beads of sweat on brow and a throbbing har...heart. Throbbing heart.

I'll post my 3 this afternoon and I can ship whenever.

Blog Entries

Working on the tags today. Sorry for the delay.
    Tgt, are you ready to recieve? I will forward your addy upon confirmation.

Thanks,
    Will

Uncle Tupelo

8. Default

Very nice.

No 'carmel' tones?

Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Working on the tags today. Sorry for the delay.
    Tgt, are you ready to recieve? I will forward your addy upon confirmation.

Thanks,
    Will

I am ready.

Much better.

Congratulations!!!

CT leaf by Oscar
    San Cristobal Maestro
    Cojonu 2012
    + the nude stick

Blog Entries

Two sig tags out the door tonight!

Uncle Tupelo

Blog Entries

CT leaf by Oscar
    San Cristobal Maestro
    Cojonu 2012
    + the nude stick
    Looks good to me!

Uncle Tupelo

On the way
    Tracking# 807962981328 FedEx

Blog Entries

that's weird how the sig is so small. On my album page they're bigger, I thought.

If you modify your signature, when inserting the link, use the little image button above, and I think it will come through full size:

Last edited by badwhale; 04-14-2015 at 04:28 PM.

Uncle Tupelo

Boom... Got it.

Just got off the phone with my wife. She said there was a package for me at the door when she got home. I asked her to open it, and she said it was some "stinkies" as she likes to call them. I asked her to toss them in the wineador for me.

I'll be back home in a few weeks. Review and guess will follow soon thereafter.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreekTitan View Post
    Just got off the phone with my wife. She said there was a package for me at the door when she got home. I asked her to open it, and she said it was some "stinkies" as she likes to call them. I asked her to toss them in the wineador for me.

I'll be back home in a few months. Review and guess will follow soon thereafter.
    Take your time.

Uncle Tupelo

Well, I got home earlier than expected. I'll be smoking this behemoth shortly.

Lots of rain today, so the venue for the smoke was my garage. Watching Wolverine on HBO ,while I'm sitting comfortably in the drivers seat of my Teryx4LE with a bottled water in one of the cup holders, and an ashtray in another. I'll transition to a draft Sierra Nevada Pale Ale at some point though.

First things first...this is a BIG smoke. Larger than I'm used to, but that's a good thing. I'm always game for something new. I'd guess the size to be a 6 x 60ish.

Nice reddish brown hue on the wrapper, and nicely rolled. Smells nice, no mustiness or manure tones, just somewhat sweet and spicy fresh tobacco smell. Similar to a freshly opened pack of American Spirit Organic.

I chose a V-cut, due to the girth of this monstrosity. I was afraid of it being too airy. The V-cut was perfect. Not too loose, and not too tight...just right.

I torched the end with a XiKar, and then used a Bic to light her up. Good flavor, and a good amount of smoke. I did kind of expect more smoke though.

As I suspected, the flavor was good. Fairly one dimensional, but good. I'd say the flavor was in the medium range, with the strength starting out the same. As i continued to smoke, I'd say that both flavor and strength have intensified somewhat.

The cigar stayed lit the entire time. I touched it up a couple times, just to keep it even. Probably not necessary, but I like fire.

In the end, I'm glad this was my naked Puro. Not something I would probably buy, but happy for the opportunity. The movie wasn't that great, but the overall experience was very enjoyable.

I've ruled out Cuban, Nicaraguan and Dominican. It reminded me of a couple cigars I've had that a buddy of mine shared with me. I don't think they were puros, but definitely similar nonetheless.

My guess is Honduran.

Thank you very much for the smoke S.A.W.B., I enjoyed it.
    Last edited by TheGreekTitan; 04-19-2015 at 04:18 PM. Reason: Spelling

Thread Information