Thread: Ring size

Default Ring size

HI all

I have a question for you all out there. I only smoke 50 ring size and larger sticks. What do you think about the smaller ring size, am I missing some good cigars by just smoking the bigger ones ? I value your opinions

Ken

Blog Entries

Yes.

Blog Entries

Of course you are missing out. There are great cigars in all sizes, the best (in my opinion) are smaller. I much prefer a corona or lancero.

Blog Entries

I have a petite corona...
    Wait, what?
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Blog Entries

I actually try to stay at around 50 as that is the size I generally prefer over larger ring sizes. I don't have such a large mouth and putting a big circular thing to my lips makes me feel a bit funny. I really like the 48 ring size, but that's not extremely common in all lines. I've had a few lanceros and what I like about them is that I always feel like Clint Eastwood in the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly. Who here doesn't want to go out and smoke a cigar immediately after watching THAT movie?

I can't find it, but there is a post on this forum that discusses why the different ring sizes provide a different flavor/taste profile. It makes sense, as a smaller cigar has a larger proportion of wrapper than content, thus enhancing the wrapping tobacco's flavor influence. Therefore, if you want to really understand a brand's line's flavor profile, you have to take this equation into thought and try all impacted sizes.

Or, you can do what I do and root for the team that wear's red! Go Redskins! I love red! I love 50 ring cigars! Taste be damned!
    puro pot pass VI loser

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by illilli View Post
    I actually try to stay at around 50 as that is the size I generally prefer over larger ring sizes. I don't have such a large mouth and putting a big circular thing to my lips makes me feel a bit sexy. I really like the 48 ring size, but that's not extremely common in all lines. I've had a few lanceros and what I like about them is that I always feel like Clint Eastwood in the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly. Who here doesn't want to go out and smoke a cigar immediately after watching THAT movie?

I can't find it, but there is a post on this forum that discusses why the different ring sizes provide a different flavor/taste profile. It makes sense, as a smaller cigar has a larger proportion of wrapper than content, thus enhancing the wrapping tobacco's flavor influence. Therefore, if you want to really understand a brand's line's flavor profile, you have to take this equation into thought and try all impacted sizes.

Or, you can do what I do and root for the team that wear's red! Go Redskins! I love red! I love 50 ring cigars! Taste be damned!
    I think anything over 54 rg is bland to me. Coronas,lanceros and such are very good smokes. The bigger the rg the more flavorless filler(think carlton cigarettes,hot grey flavored air) ymmv smoke what you like
    The older I get ,the better I was

I prefer 50rg and under myself. But smoke what you like.
    May your ashes be long and your smoke be plentiful...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kevin7 View Post
    I think anything over 54 rg is bland to me. Coronas,lanceros and such are very good smokes. The bigger the rg the more flavorless filler(think carlton cigarettes,hot grey flavored air) ymmv smoke who you like, I do!
    puro pot pass VI loser

48 to 38 for me

Thread Information