Thread: Lighters for golfing

Blog Entries

Default Lighters for golfing

A while back I bought some anti wind lighters for the golfer when I had the bright idea to sell cigar stuff but you know they always work like crap wind or no wind. I am guessing windless lighters for cigars are pretty expensive if you want something to rely on, What are your thoughts?

http://www.cmt.com/videos/eric-churc...le-smoke.jhtml?

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to

choose it, and the strength

to make it endure

I have 4 or 5 XiKars that were gifted to me, brand new. Not a single one still ignites itself. They all still work, but I have to ignite them with a Bic. I've sent them back to be fixed, but shortly thereafter no more workie.

The lifetime warranty is great, but a real PITA with the luck I've had with them. Honestly, they are really great when working though.

I have a couple $7 - $10 single flame torches that have been working flawlessly for years.

My humble opinion:
    Everyday: Bic
    Golf course: Cheap torch
    Disc golf: Whatever dude

Blog Entries

Zippos are supposedly windproof but my personal experience says otherwise.....
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreekTitan View Post
    snip........

I have a couple $7 - $10 single flame torches that have been working flawlessly for years.

My humble opinion:
    Everyday: Bic
    Golf course: Cheap torch
    Disc golf: Whatever dude
    I agree. For the cheap torch, I try to pick up the Ronson jet-lites from wally world. I've found them to be reliable, and they are certainly affordable.

Honestly though, even though I live in Kansas, it's rare that I want to smoke if the wind is too strong for my Bic. My golf game gives me enough irritation, I don't need it from a hot-crooked-shitty burn and off flavors. I want to enjoy the smoke, at least, while I'm searching for my fuckin' ball.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    i agree. For the cheap torch, i try to pick up the ronson jet-lites from wally world. I've found them to be reliable, and they are certainly affordable.

Honestly though, even though i live in kansas, it's rare that i want to smoke if the wind is too strong for my bic. My golf game gives me enough irritation, i don't need it from a hot-crooked-shitty burn and off flavors. I want to enjoy the smoke, at least, while i'm searching for my fuckin' ball.
    Is this where you go looking for your ball?

[attach=config]3960[/attach
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hole.jpg 
Views:	560 
Size:	14.7 KB 
ID:	3960  

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

to make it endure

I gave up on everything other than Bics. All the fancy ones either broke or I lost them and all the Bics worked until empty and I never seem to loose them...

I have a Lamborghini lighter that works flawlessly. It's a single torch and lights under any condition. Bought it on clearance a few years ago - have never regretted it!

Cheap? I think there are cheaper lighters, but for my money it has served me very well!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    I have a Lamborghini lighter that works flawlessly. It's a single torch and lights under any condition. Bought it on clearance a few years ago - have never regretted it!

Cheap? I think there are cheaper lighters, but for my money it has served me very well!
    Which one do you have? The Toro? Ya that not the most frugal purchase but its so pretty and if it works good then that is the best of both worlds.

to make it endure

Vertigo lighters have caught my eye recently. Their Vortex lighter holds a serious amount of fuel! Plus, it has an easy adjust flip up handle to adjust the flame. Those are my two primary focuses on a lighter anymore; large fuel tank and easy flame adjustment. The one thing I don't like about the Ronson's, is that they get WAY to hot, WAY too soon!
    Yay! Cigars!

Quote Originally Posted by cinda View Post
    Which one do you have? The Toro? Ya that not the most frugal purchase but its so pretty and if it works good then that is the best of both worlds.
    The Estremo.

http://www.elighters.com/ttr002002.html

I actually inadvertently left it at a bar the other day. Thankfully the owner found it and returned it...

Blog Entries

The Estremo.

http://www.elighters.com/ttr002002.html

I actually inadvertently left it at a bar the other day. Thankfully the owner found it and returned it...
    please tell me yours is black..I hate to think of you sporting a pink lighter

to make it endure

Blog Entries

I think I may have seen this lighter once....but I cannot comment on the color.

Nope - mine is red!

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    I think I may have seen this lighter once....but I cannot comment on the color.
    Did it look pink to you?!?!

Blog Entries

Did it look pink to you?!?!
    To be completely honest, I remember the company, conversation, cigar, and libations much more than the lighter!

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86 View Post
    Zippos are supposedly windproof but my personal experience says otherwise.....
    I have to agree. While better than a Bic lighter in the wind, they're definitely not perfect. Also, (and more importantly in my book) Zippo's also use lighter fluid (eg: Ronsonol) and that stuff makes whatever you're smoking taste like lighter fluid. I used to use a Zippo for years when I still chain smoked cigarettes and I wouldn't use them with a cigar.........ever!

I have a couple Xikar lighters and find the "torch" style lighters are better at handling wind than anything else I've tried. Unlike TheGreekTitan I've had great luck with my Xikars. I bought a single and a double torch style and the double did stop firing off the spark shortly after I purchased it. I sent it in and they sent me back a brand new one. It's been working perfectly ever since. That was at least 2 years ago. I've never had a problem with my single torch and I've had it at least 4 years now. It's worth noting I bought several single torch Xikar's as gifts for friends and all 3 of those have worked flawlessly for years without issue.
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

Blog Entries

I've used Zippos in the past with cigars and never really noticed any difference in the taste of the cigar. My senses of smell and taste aren't all that great.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

18. Default

Jetlite by Ronson - Under $6 at Walmart stores.

Blog Entries

I used to have a Blue Rhino triple flame torch that always worked until I lost it. Now I just stick to the Ronsons. The only thing I don't like about them is they are touchy on the flame adjustment. Too much or too little and it won't light.

Thread Information