Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MLB Playoffs

Blog Entries

Default MLB Playoffs

Dammit. KC 2 - Houton 5.....double dammit.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    Dammit. KC 2 - Houton 5.....double dammit.
    Technically, that's 2.5 dammits.
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Blog Entries

Well, you got lucky in game 2.

Go Astros!
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Blog Entries

Uh oh....... Astros win game three.

Our starter for game four is Lance McCullers, our #5 in the rotation. Looks to me like the strategy is they're saving McHugh, Kazmir or Fiers for a possible game 5. That's the way I'd play it. Your starter tomorrow is the guy who gave up three runs in game one AND he's only going on three days rest.

Houston was tied for first for the best home record in the AL in 2015. But wait, the team they tied with was Toronto and they can't seem to win playoff games at home so Houston's home record could be meaningless.......

Yes, the Astros would appear to be in the driver's seat at this point BUT I'm thinking there will be a game five which obviously favors the Royals since the Astros had the WORST road record in the majors (I'm pretty sure...) this year.

So keep the faith ashauler! all is not lost.

As an aside, the Rangers were poised to take their ALDS series 3-0 today but WHOOOOOOOPS, not so fast.....game four tomorrow.

I'll be happy with whatever AL team makes it to the World Series so long as it's not Toronto, LMAO! My sister-in-law lives near Dallas and is a huge Rangers fan and before I became an Astros fan in 1975, I was a Royals fan so they'll always be a sentimental favorite of mine.
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 10-11-2015 at 10:48 PM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Blog Entries

2-2 in the bottom of the 5th.......c'mon Royals.
    I'm not too optimistic, but hopeful.

Blog Entries

6-6 top of the 8th......my rally cap is on!!

Blog Entries

Yee-haww...rally cap worked. Royals 9 - Astros 6....gotta luv a 5 run 8th.
    Also gotta luv Davis in the 9th to protect the lead!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86 View Post
    Uh oh....... Astros win game three.

Our starter for game four is Lance McCullers, our #5 in the rotation. Looks to me like the strategy is they're saving McHugh, Kazmir or Fiers for a possible game 5. That's the way I'd play it. Your starter tomorrow is the guy who gave up three runs in game one AND he's only going on three days rest.

Houston was tied for first for the best home record in the AL in 2015. But wait, the team they tied with was Toronto and they can't seem to win playoff games at home so Houston's home record could be meaningless.......

Yes, the Astros would appear to be in the driver's seat at this point BUT I'm thinking there will be a game five which obviously favors the Royals since the Astros had the WORST road record in the majors (I'm pretty sure...) this year.

So keep the faith ashauler! all is not lost.

Bad day for the Texas teams, especially after they both won game 1 on the road and the Rangers did even one better by winning the first TWO on the road. Looking like a game five in that one too.

As an aside, the Rangers were poised to take their ALDS series 3-0 today but WHOOOOOOOPS, not so fast.....game four tomorrow.

I'll be happy with whatever AL team makes it to the World Series so long as it's not Toronto, LMAO! My sister-in-law lives near Dallas and is a huge Rangers fan and before I became an Astros fan in 1975, I was a Royals fan so they'll always be a sentimental favorite of mine.
    Hey, don't I get credit for making that call?

Bad day for the Texas teams, especially considering they both won game 1 on the road and even worse for the Rangers, they won the first TWO on the road. Their both behind the eight ball now having to play their game 5s on the road.

Chances are now not so good for a Texas team to be in the World Series.
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 10-12-2015 at 04:48 PM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Big win for my Jays tonight! Looking forward to game 5 wednesday.. I've got some special 10 year old cigars that I would love to threaten to smoke if they can advance

Blog Entries

Not that history means anything but to you Blue Jays and Royals fans, here's something for you to ponder:

"History, however, would seem to be on Houston's side. In the first 20 years of the Division Series, which was added in 1995, the best-of-five event has required five games 23 times, and the visiting team in Game 5 has won 14.

And lately, the visitor has won 12 of 16 Division Series Game 5s dating back to 2002, and seven of the 10 Games 5s played the past five Octobers."

60/40 or 3 to 1 odds (if you really want to fool yourself) in favor of the Rangers and the Astros.

Linky

However the Astros were something like 1000 - 0 when they had a four run lead heading the 8th at home and how did THAT work out for them on Monday?

Right now it looks like ggiese's Chicago Cubs are going to be moving on, way to go George!
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 10-13-2015 at 05:58 PM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86 View Post
    Not that history means anything but to you Blue Jays and Royals fans, here's something for you to ponder:

"History, however, would seem to be on Houston's side. In the first 20 years of the Division Series, which was added in 1995, the best-of-five event has required five games 23 times, and the visiting team in Game 5 has won 14.

And lately, the visitor has won 12 of 16 Division Series Game 5s dating back to 2002, and seven of the 10 Games 5s played the past five Octobers."

60/40 or 3 to 1 odds (if you really want to fool yourself) in favor of the Rangers and the Astros.

Linky

However the Astros were something like 1000 - 0 when they had a four run lead heading the 8th at home and how did THAT work out for them on Monday?

Right now it looks like ggiese's Chicago Cubs are going to be moving on, way to go George!
    Well, KC beat the odds!! WooHoo.....the Jays are coming to town!!
    GO ROYALS!!

Blog Entries

Ugh.
    Craig
    Ahhhhhhhhhhh Cigar Jesus just wept - kevin7
    A cigar storage primer | Basic Cuban cigar info

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by craig View Post
    Ugh.
    Price was pretty darn good....thought ya had us there for a while.

Blog Entries

Toronto gave up a lot for Price (and Tulowitzki). OTOH, those two were needed to get where the Jays are.

Toronto is still favoured (and favoured to win the World Series). However, the Jays are happy to be there, but the Royals (should) remember last year.

Strategically, Toronto is weak on left-handed relief - I think that there is only Loup (and only for short relief) with Brett Cecil out. (Price is the only other leftie IIRC.) If the Royals can stay close in early innings ...
    Craig

nice lead for the jays in game 3.. hope they can hang on to it

Blog Entries

Ouch.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    Ouch.
    Ditto.
    Craig

horrendous game if you're a Jays fan.. wow.. still shocked

Blog Entries

I'm glad I took vacation this week....afternoon games on the radio, a nice cigar, and a cold beer!
    Oh, and double-digits runs!

Unless things turn around, its starting to look like my 10 year old vintages are going to be safe for a while still.

Thread Information