Thread: Haven't stocked my Humidor in nearly 7 years

Default Haven't stocked my Humidor in nearly 7 years

My last post was 2009 - I've been on hiatus and after coming back I don't know why I left. I used to be on this forum reading posts almost daily. It was fun, informative, and I always kept my humidor stocked. After I smoked everything in my box 6-7 years ago I just bought what I wanted 1 or 2 cigars at a time. But I liked having a full humidor with different styles and flavors always ready to meet the occasion. Today I walked into a new store and I had a long conversation with the staff and a few of the customers and I remembered how much I liked coming here just to read and share. So here I am! This evening I started to season my humidor, I placed a couple online orders (maybe too much and I'll have to buy another humidor) and now I'll be stocked again for campfire nights, BBQs with the gang, and weekend yard-work. I'm kinda excited about cigars all over again.

I never lost interest in the hobby, it just lost its priority in life. Kids, work, wife... It doesn't help that Delaware has one of the strictest smoking laws and you can't even smoke in a B&M cigar shop so it isn't conducive to the social side of the hobby. The shop I wandered into today was in Maryland and seeing a pool table and tvs was nearly a culture shock after all this time. Well, I'm excited to be back on the forum and catching up on lost times. "See" you all around, or something like that.

And as I look around and see how sparse these forums have been I hope that I have not missed all of the good times here.
    Last edited by knightnorth; 05-13-2016 at 12:16 AM.

Blog Entries

Welcome back. I would like to help make the forum a bit less sparse, but I am a little maladjusted. I'm doing my best.

Blog Entries

Howdy.

There's stuff going on, but it is much sparser than maybe 3 years back. I think we missed the PPP this year.

Will
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Blog Entries

Howdee.

I don't remember you but welcome back.

Have you ever been to the Total Wine store in Claymont? I know that's about as far away in Delaware as you can get from where you are but, it's still less than two hours!
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86 View Post
    Have you ever been to the Total Wine store in Claymont?
    No, wrong side of the state. In Delaware everyone from the south thinks the north is from Philadelphia or New Jersey and everyone in the north treats the south like they're from another country. I used to work in Wilmington for 6 years but I never ventured around - just did my 8 hours and got out before I got shot. I work in DC now so everything I see is along the 50/404 corridor.

Blog Entries

I used to drive to the Outer Banks. The DC and even worse, the Fredericksburg traffic is rough. So we paid the toll, went Chesapeake-Bay Bridge route and drove all the way through Delaware for a much nicer ride on a few of the trips. Cut about 100 miles off the journey

I love your black, low number license plates and how the state lets YOU "own" the number and you can sell it if you want for whatever you can get for it.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Welcome back, brother.

Welcome Back I know how You feel I haven't been on in years either I recently started back on here I have also been lucky enough to find a couple of good cigar stores in My area both have great places to hang out and smoke.
    GO AHEAD PUNK MAKE MY DAY

I know where you're coming from man! Same kind of thing happened to me. Life gets"interesting" sometimes. It's nice when it finally calms down.
    "some people are like slinkies, they're not really good for anything but they can bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs." –Unknown

"He did for bullshit what Stonehenge did for rocks." -Cecil Adams

Default come on over

Quote Originally Posted by knightnorth View Post
    ... It doesn't help that Delaware has one of the strictest smoking laws ...

You're here in Dull-Aware? Let's herf. I'm in Newark, bout a mile east of the U. Got a new cedar lined smoking porch. We'll pick a nice evening and shoot the schidt.
    Unmitigated risk aversion is the new Puritanism; complete with witch hunts funny outfits and humorless preachers thundering doom. The Deity is Safety; Satan is a Lawyer; but the object is the same: to suck the life out of life and tell you how to live it.

Blog Entries

Default Haven't stocked my Humidor in nearly 7 years

Welcome back! I am just back today. I haven't been active here since 2010. Take care and happy smoking!
    "I didn't play at collecting. No cigar anywhere was safe from me."
    ~Edward G. Robinson
    =====
    "Ain't nothin' better than a damn good cigar."
    ~EdgeMan
    =====

Quote Originally Posted by knightnorth View Post
    I never lost interest in the hobby, it just lost its priority in life. Kids, work, wife... It doesn't help that Delaware has one of the strictest smoking laws and you can't even smoke in a B&M cigar shop so it isn't conducive to the social side of the hobby. The shop I wandered into today was in Maryland and seeing a pool table and tvs was nearly a culture shock after all this time. Well, I'm excited to be back on the forum and catching up on lost times. "See" you all around, or something like that.

And as I look around and see how sparse these forums have been I hope that I have not missed all of the good times here.
    Welcome back!

I hear you about priorities. My son is now 27 and has been living on his own for a decade. These days he has the odd cigar with me!

The smoking laws here in Canada are as bad if not worse so I feel your pain.
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

Thread Information