Thread: Alec Bradley Prensado Robusto

Default Alec Bradley Prensado Robusto

Now this! This was a smoke! My favorte non-ISOM to date! I was grilling when I lit it up. I had to sit down and take a minute. Made lots of "Mmmm" sounds. Almost burned the meat. Construction was flawless. The burn was even. Ash held on for well over two inches. The prelight aroma and draw were cedary and aromatic. The real treat came when I lit up. On the full side of medium bodied. Lots of sweet notes on this one, which is what I like. The nose was great. Got the impression of dark chocolate, clove, espresso, and cedar. What I like to call a "dessert" type of cigar. The spice gained strength as it burned towards the nub. I smoked it down as far as I could without getting burned. I put the meat on the warmer to get in a few extra puffs. Really, a very nice smoke. Not cheap, but very nice. I'm looking to get some more right now.
    Last edited by Kenyth; 08-11-2016 at 09:12 AM.
    "some people are like slinkies, they're not really good for anything but they can bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs." –Unknown

"He did for bullshit what Stonehenge did for rocks." -Cecil Adams

Update:

At about $8 a stick, this is the best quality vs. price cigar I've had. I'd appreciate others experiences with this cigar to see if the experience is consistent.
    "some people are like slinkies, they're not really good for anything but they can bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs." –Unknown

Blog Entries

Prensados, for me, have always had an asbestos wrapper with lot of burn issues.
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Prensados, for me, have always had an asbestos wrapper with lot of burn issues.
    Hmmmmm........ good to know. Thank you for the feedback. The robusto's I had from cigar.com did not have issues. Were yours from the same box, or source? Do you remember what size they were? I plan on asking for some of these for Christmas. Since my loved ones know nothing about cigars, they will certainly want me to send them a link to purchase from, and would like to stay away from problem sources.
    Last edited by Kenyth; 08-11-2016 at 11:57 AM.

Blog Entries

It was a while ago, so 1)i'm not quite sure where they came from, maybe CI? And 2) maybe the issues have resolved by now.

They were churchills
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

I bought a few of these (a fiver I think) when I first heard about them. I was disappointed in them to be honest and it took me probably 3 years to smoke them all and I think I might have even given two away.

Bearing in mind that taste is subjective, I didn't care for them and wouldn't buy them again.
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

Hmmmmm.................

I know they were advertised as full bodied cigars and are actually more of a medium in most opinions, mine included. Full lovers may be disappointed due to that alone. Mediums and medium-fulls tend to be my favorites. There is also the fact that tobacco, like any other produce, has both good and bad years. I'm guessing blends are also tweaked as time goes on based on learning curve and leaf availability. Consistency is always a problem with cigars it seems. I guess I'll have to take my chances. I'd feel better if there was a another positive experience here though.

Thank you for your feedback.
    Last edited by Kenyth; 08-11-2016 at 11:57 AM.

Blog Entries

The Prensado is one of those cigars that I have enjoyed when I smoked it I just never think that I want one. If I had one in my stash now I would reach past it for almost anything else despite having had a good experience with it. I guess I'm a little weird like that. Oliva V is the same way, I like them but never want one with the one exception being the lanceros. I do find myself reaching for V lanceros frequently when I have them. Glad I have some right now. ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Thanks for the review. I've had a couple of the vice pressed 6t2 Bradley's and I really enjoyed them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I didn't play at collecting. No cigar anywhere was safe from me."
    ~Edward G. Robinson
    =====
    "Ain't nothin' better than a damn good cigar."
    ~EdgeMan
    =====

10. Default

First dollar CI has got from me in a long time.

Thread Information