This was a beautiful cigar. A dark, flawless wrapper with a matte sheen. No visible defects. It is box pressed, with a pretty gold label. There were only faintly visible veins in the wrapper.

I really like RP's cigars. I started out smoking a lot of his stuff, and there is good hype about this cigar, so I had high hopes. I was a little disappointed in the end though.

The prelight aroma was nice and the draw had a chewy deep earthy tobacco taste. The burn and draw were good and there was a lot of nice thick smoke. Ash held on fine, so the construction was good. It was full bodied and earthy. Charry and peppery, with notes of oak and a little licorice bite. The flavor held pretty steady throughout the smoke, though the peppery bite picked up in the nub. A nice cigar for sure. Just not as great as I envisioned it to be.

My complaint is that it was a bit dull and flat. One sided. It was strong, but the flavors did not seem that complex.

I will try one again, but at this point this cigar wasn't worth the price. I prefer the Vintage series.