Thread: Cello or no cello?

Default Cello or no cello?

I personally like to leave my gars in the cello. I know it takes them longer to stabilize, but it also protects them from "little fingers" damage and helps if the lid gets left open. I do notice from pictures that many like to take off the wrappers in their humidor. What do you prefer and why?
    "some people are like slinkies, they're not really good for anything but they can bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs." –Unknown

"He did for bullshit what Stonehenge did for rocks." -Cecil Adams

Blog Entries

Cello on for me, but it's not for any great reason. Just really lazy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cello on. They tend to sit for a while before I get around to smoking them so this way the singles don't get too friendly with their neighbors. Also I like any identifying marks on labels that may be on the cello. Also it's easier to leave them on i.e. lazy.

Also, I may be off here, but it seems like the only cigars I've seen get mold are out of the cello. The only cigar I've ever had get mold was out of the cello (put it's a boy labels on them. Kept one as a keepsake.). I get a feeling the cello protects them from spores.
    "some people are like slinkies, they're not really good for anything but they can bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs." –Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by kingbeefy View Post
    Cello on for me, but it's not for any great reason. Just really lazy.

I'm with beefy on this one....I'm much too lazy to remove them. Besides, I figure they offer some protection to the cigar. While I don't normally play around inside my humi, I do from time to time have to move stuff around and this protects from casual dings and dents.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenyth View Post
    Also, I may be off here, but it seems like the only cigars I've seen get mold are out of the cello. The only cigar I've ever had get mold was out of the cello (put it's a boy labels on them. Kept one as a keepsake.). I get a feeling the cello protects them from spores.
    I had an issue with some Anejo #48's a while back. But not only are they in cello, they also have a thin cedar wrapper on them. I haven't removed the cedar from the ones I recently bought, but the last batch had a few getting some mold so I removed the cedar but put the cello back on afterwards.
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

Blog Entries

It's weird how the Anejo in cedar have a problem with mold but the Opus in cedar not so much

Those had dormant spores on them while the others didn't. The cello kept them from cross-contaminating. At least, that's my guess.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

I heard it was where they aged them for the coniac barrels or something. You always have to watch the anejos
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Oh, so there's something special about how they were made that did it then.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Cello on Cello off?
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Quote Originally Posted by kingbeefy View Post
    It's weird how the Anejo in cedar have a problem with mold but the Opus in cedar not so much

I had thought it might be the wrapper or them somehow being exposed to too much humidity. But, the other suggestions are just as good so who knows *shrug*
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

12. Default

I also keep my cigars in the wrapper inside the humidor. Any opinion on the ideal humid for cigars inside the wrapper verses out? I try to keep my humidor around 70%

Thread Information