Thread: Yuengling beer is now available in Louisiana.

Blog Entries

Default Yuengling beer is now available in Louisiana.

NEW ORLEANS (WGNO) – Yuengling beer is now available in Louisiana. The brewery's traditional lager, light lager and black and tan beers will hit stores and bars starting today. Yuengling is America's oldest brewery, starting off in Pottsville, Pennsylvania 187 years ago.Aug 1, 2016

I'll be grabbing some Black and Tan.
    "I didn't play at collecting. No cigar anywhere was safe from me."
    ~Edward G. Robinson
    =====
    "Ain't nothin' better than a damn good cigar."
    ~EdgeMan
    =====

Quote Originally Posted by EdgeMan View Post
    NEW ORLEANS (WGNO) – Yuengling beer is now available in Louisiana. The brewery's traditional lager, light lager and black and tan beers will hit stores and bars starting today. Yuengling is America's oldest brewery, starting off in Pottsville, Pennsylvania 187 years ago.Aug 1, 2016

I'll be grabbing some Black and Tan.
    Oh boy... The whole world has just changed in Louisiana... That's some damn good beer!!!

...though my son returned from NO with some of the hoppiest beers I've ever tasted (not a huge fan of overly hoppy beers). Hoppiness seems to be in fashion down there. Not sure if Yeungling will fit the bill if you like hops!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    Oh boy... The whole world has just changed in Louisiana... That's some damn good beer!!!

...though my son returned from NO with some of the hoppiest beers I've ever tasted (not a huge fan of overly hoppy beers). Hoppiness seems to be in fashion down there. Not sure if Yeungling will fit the bill if you like hops!!!
    I'd have to re-read the OP, but not being sure what is available down there, Chesterfield Ale is pretty decent in the IBU category. Dick Yuengling has something against hops, it seems. All in all, he likes a more German beer profile. American ales from craft brewers are hop dominant.

Yuengling did test the waters this year with a IPL (India Pale Lager) which for yuenling, and compared to other craft brews, did a decent job of hitting the mark.

Bottom line: Yuengling has the proud novelty of being America's oldest (surviving) brewery, family owned and thriving. That in itself is pretty cool. The beer itself is decent, and definitely better than the big commercial swill.
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Blog Entries

I've never been a big fan of the "commercial swig" as badwhale puts it. I'm looking forward to trying Yuengling. We have available light lager and Black and Tan. I think I'll grab a six-pack of each this week.
    ~Edward G. Robinson
    =====
    ~EdgeMan
    =====

Blog Entries

I love a good 'ol Miller High Life. It's the champagne of beer after all. I also like Yuengling. I also like lots of craft beer. Apparently I just like beer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Ha! When I was a wee lad we would get cases of Miller Ponies and get shit faced.
    ~Edward G. Robinson
    =====
    ~EdgeMan
    =====

Blog Entries

Sometimes on a searing hot Louisiana day ANY ice cold beer works.
    ~Edward G. Robinson
    =====
    ~EdgeMan
    =====

Blog Entries

I thought Yuengling was cool when it was only available in Pennsylvania but now I don't really care for it.

I can also remember when Coors wasn't available on the east coast and my first Coors was like a forbidden fruit and I thought it was great. Now I think it tastes like crap.

For what little beer I drink, I like IPAs and there are some real hard to get ones here in the east like Captain's Daughter (from Westerly Rhode Island) and Sip of Sunshine (from Vermont but brewed in Connecticut) that are highly allocated at my local liquor store. The Sip of Sunshine only comes in once every three weeks, customers are limited to one four pack which is over twelve bucks. Today was "the day" so I scored one of those.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86 View Post
    I thought Yuengling was cool when it was only available in Pennsylvania but now I don't really care for it.

I can also remember when Coors wasn't available on the east coast and my first Coors was like a forbidden fruit and I thought it was great. Now I think it tastes like crap.

For what little beer I drink, I like IPAs and there are some real hard to get ones here in the east like Captain's Daughter (from Westerly Rhode Island) and Sip of Sunshine (from Vermont but brewed in Connecticut) that are highly allocated at my local liquor store. The Sip of Sunshine only comes in once every three weeks, customers are limited to one four pack which is over twelve bucks. Today was "the day" so I scored one of those.
    I'm having my first Yuengling right now. Actually, I'm on my third. I'm having the "forbidden fruit syndrome" right now! Lol

I remember when we had to drive to Texas to get Coors way back in the day.
    ~Edward G. Robinson
    =====
    ~EdgeMan
    =====

Thread Information