Thread: Paypal and Ebay are a bit irritating these days.

Default Paypal and Ebay are a bit irritating these days.

It takes weeks to get your money from a sale now. Minimum of seven days from delivery confirmation "IF" you use their postal service "AND" you are in perfect standing. I know it is an escrow like tactic to prevent fraud, but still. I guess the protection they give buyers and sellers in return is worth it, kind of.
    "some people are like slinkies, they're not really good for anything but they can bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs." –Unknown

"He did for bullshit what Stonehenge did for rocks." -Cecil Adams

Blog Entries

It is unfortunately necessary because of all the asshole thieves out there. Everything online has gotten more complicated because of the assholes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah, I know. I've had problems three times myself back in the day. Once for 200 bucks when a business went bankrupt without fulfilling their orders. That one kind of sucked as I didn't make a lot of money then. One was a straight up scam, but it was only 50 bucks. The scammed buyers filed a joint police report and managed to get her arrested, but the money was long gone on drugs. by then

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Kenyth; 09-09-2016 at 07:15 PM.
    "some people are like slinkies, they're not really good for anything but they can bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs." –Unknown

4. Default

I will not use PayPal due to their tobacco and firearm policy.

Quote Originally Posted by cigarsarge View Post
    I will not use PayPal due to their tobacco and firearm policy.
    I know Ebay doesn't allow it. The laws regarding selling that stuff are prohibitive. Does PayPal have rules against sending money for these as well? I though you could send money without an explanation?

Quote Originally Posted by Kenyth View Post
    I know Ebay doesn't allow it. The laws regarding selling that stuff are prohibitive. Does PayPal have rules against sending money for these as well? I though you could send money without an explanation?

You're not playing with a full deck if anywhere in the message you put "firearms", "alcohol", "cigars", "fraud", etc. - absolutely guaranteed to shut your PayPal account down!

I love PayPal if for no,other reason - I've gotten my money back EVERY TIME someone has ripped me off - and most often when I had no clue the other person was dishonest (recently bought an SD card on EBay and within 48 hours they were processing a refund after proactively informing me the seller was taken over an eBay account).

Yep - sometimes PayPal is a pain - but it is a very solid way to transact business online.

7. Default

George is correct about the fun stuff being taboo on PayPal. It's my money. They have no right to tell me how to spend it while taking a cut for themselves. Sarge slowly climbs off the soap box and lights a cigar.

Thread Information