Thread: Banff Natl. Park Canada Wow!

Default Banff Natl. Park Canada Wow!

Randomly looking at pictures of a Lake (Either Lake Banff, Moiraine or Louise? All three? It's unclear which pictures are which.) in Banff Natl. Park in Alberta Canada. All I can say is "Wow"! What an absolutely beautiful wilderness location. The US has some great ones as well, but I can't recall seeing any pictures as striking as the ones I'm looking at right now. The Glacier backdrop is amazing. Maybe someday I will be able to visit.
    Last edited by Kenyth; 10-05-2016 at 11:04 AM.
    "some people are like slinkies, they're not really good for anything but they can bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs." –Unknown

"He did for bullshit what Stonehenge did for rocks." -Cecil Adams

Blog Entries

Lake Louise is in Banff National Park. The copper content of the water gives the lake a unique colour. The usual view is from Chateau Lake Louise - this pic shows the Chateau in foreground/Lake in background Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fairmontChateauLakeLouiseExt2.jpg 
Views:	390 
Size:	68.9 KB 
ID:	4061
    Craig
    Ahhhhhhhhhhh Cigar Jesus just wept - kevin7
    A cigar storage primer | Basic Cuban cigar info

You'd enjoy yourself immensely I'm sure!

You will want to travel from Banff to Jasper (or the other direction) along the parkway. There's a lot to see and usually, ton's of critters.

I'd been through a couple times before marrying my wife and moving to northern Alberta from Saskatchewan (next province east of AB) but since then, I've been through it probably a half dozen times on our way south to visit her family (well, mine too........lol) in the US. I love the trip and since we're always hauling our trailer, we camp at least one night along the parkway somewhere.

If you have the time, a trip west through the rocky's is always beautiful too!
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

Quote Originally Posted by craig View Post
    Lake Louise is in Banff National Park. The copper content of the water gives the lake a unique colour. The usual view is from Chateau Lake Louise - this pic shows the Chateau in foreground/Lake in background Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fairmontChateauLakeLouiseExt2.jpg 
Views:	390 
Size:	68.9 KB 
ID:	4061
    Just did an Alaskan cruise in June - stunning views like that all over Alaska and Canada. Some of e most incredibly beautiful areas i'be ever been. It was definitely worth the Trip!

Thread Information