Thread: Tuesday night herf on Tapatalk - 9pm Eastern

Blog Entries

Default Tuesday night herf on Tapatalk - 9pm Eastern

So let's try to make this a [strike]weekly[/strike] regularly-scheduled thing ... see bottom of thread for next date!

Last edited by craig; 12-14-2016 at 07:55 PM.
    Craig
    Ahhhhhhhhhhh Cigar Jesus just wept - kevin7
    A cigar storage primer | Basic Cuban cigar info

Blog Entries

Up for this evening - some kind of Bolivar - BBF or Simone, maybe both

Hope to 'see' y'all later!
    Craig

Blog Entries

Sorry, can't do make it this week or next as I am on business trips that 'feature' 100% smoke-free environments (like, even outside).
    Craig

Blog Entries

Tomorrow night I'll be roasting coffee, having a cigar, and on Tapatalk ... hope to "see" some folks
    Craig

Quote Originally Posted by craig View Post
    Tomorrow night I'll be roasting coffee, having a cigar, and on Tapatalk ... hope to "see" some folks

Question for you Craig. I have tapatalk on my iphone but have never tried to anything other than post images on here. How does one access the chat or whatever you using when you herf? I'd love to join in one of these Tuesdays but would like to figure it all out beforehand so I'm not struggling when I'm supposed to be sitting here enjoying a cigar and good company........lol
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CptnBlues63 View Post
    Question for you Craig. I have tapatalk on my iphone but have never tried to anything other than post images on here. How does one access the chat or whatever you using when you herf? I'd love to join in one of these Tuesdays but would like to figure it all out beforehand so I'm not struggling when I'm supposed to be sitting here enjoying a cigar and good company........lol
    Sorry, I am on Android so I don't know where the "chat" is exactly - but on Android it is an option on the top menu bar along with 'Forum' 'Timeline' etc.

You'll be able to see old chat in there as well.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Craig

Sorry, I am on Android so I don't know where the "chat" is exactly - but on Android it is an option on the top menu bar along with 'Forum' 'Timeline' etc.

You'll be able to see old chat in there as well.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    It was on the same place on my iphone (top menu bar >> chat)

Thanks Craig, hoping to join up one of these Tuesdays!

Blog Entries

It was on the same place on my iphone (top menu bar >> chat)

Thanks Craig, hoping to join up one of these Tuesdays!
    Yeah, I think that I'll go with less frequency over the winter - or until I figure out some kind of ventilation system - right now I just put a 20" box fan in the window, which is moving a bit too much air when it is cold. Should be (barely) above zero tomorrow (Nov 29) night, so I'll have at least one cigar, I am thinking RASS ...
    Craig

Yeah, I think that I'll go with less frequency over the winter - or until I figure out some kind of ventilation system - right now I just put a 20" box fan in the window, which is moving a bit too much air when it is cold. Should be (barely) above zero tomorrow (Nov 29) night, so I'll have at least one cigar, I am thinking RASS ...
    Wife put me to work after supper yesterday or I'd have joined but make sure to say something in here when you're going to next time as I still want to very much. This will get a lot simpler come summer..........LOL

Blog Entries

Default 12-7-2016 Tuesday Anyone?

12-13-2016 that is. Checking in to see who is up for Tuesday night.
    Last edited by EdgeMan; 12-10-2016 at 09:26 PM. Reason: Correct date = 12-13-2016
    "I didn't play at collecting. No cigar anywhere was safe from me."
    ~Edward G. Robinson
    =====
    "Ain't nothin' better than a damn good cigar."
    ~EdgeMan
    =====

Blog Entries

I just don't have a good place to smoke indoors so winter time is bad for me. Maybe I'll just get on and chat from the warm indoors without smoking sometime.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'd be game. I'll see about getting Tapatalk(?) and trying to figure out how to operate it before Tuesday.
    "I have made it a rule never to smoke more than one cigar at a time." ~ Mark Twain

"Internet quotes are always 100% accurate." ~ Abraham Lincoln

Blog Entries

Unfortunately, I'll be away on business this week, away next week, probably driving on boxing day, but Jan 3rd is looking good for a New Year's cigar and drink.

For the 3rd, I have the smokes picked out: a Hoyo de Monterrey Epicure #1 to start, followed by my last Montecristo Sublimes LE 2008, and, if I can still smoke after that huge Montecristo, a Bolivar Petit Belicosos EL 2009. For drinks I'm going with Havana Club Cuban Barrel Proof a.k.a. Selección de Maestros, with the Hoyo, Courvoisier Le Voyage de Napoleon VSOP with the Monte, and Alberta Premium Aged 25 years with the Boli

Long ashes for the 13th!
    Craig

Unfortunately, I'll be away on business this week, away next week, probably driving on boxing day, but Jan 3rd is looking good for a New Year's cigar and drink.

For the 3rd, I have the smokes picked out: a Hoyo de Monterrey Epicure #1 to start, followed by my last Montecristo Sublimes LE 2008, and, if I can still smoke after that huge Montecristo, a Bolivar Petit Belicosos EL 2009. For drinks I'm going with Havana Club Cuban Barrel Proof a.k.a. Selección de Maestros, with the Hoyo, Courvoisier Le Voyage de Napoleon VSOP with the Monte, and Alberta Premium Aged 25 years with the Boli

Long ashes for the 13th!

If memory serves me, there is a chat built into the forum. I just looked but couldn't find it so I'm wondering if that feature has been removed. If anybody knows whether it's still available or not, and could post a link to it if it is, I believe it would be the same chat as tapatalk. As in, if a guy logged into the chat with his PC, through the forum, while other's are connected via tapatalk, we would all end up in the same place.

I know I'd prefer to chat on the PC and I have a laptop AND I get an excellent wifi signal in my hunting trailer in the backyard. I hate trying to type on my smartphone...........LOL

I'd be up for Jan 3'd and will try, weather permitting, to get on next Tuesday. I found out yesterday morning the propane heater in my man cave doesn't run at -33 C (-27 F) It's too cold and the propane can't turn into a gas. I'm considering a "battery blanket" around the tank I'm using but would have to buy one. My fellow Canucks likely all know what a battery blanket is (Drew will, he only lives about 240 miles away in northern Alberta as well) and when/why you'd use one. My southern friends in the US, be happy you don't!

On the plus side, when it warmed up to -24 C (-11 F) the heater finally did run so I was able to have a cigar yesterday. For those of you who are "global warming" advocates, come visit me right now, we'll see how you feel about global warming after about 10 minutes outside..............

Blog Entries

If memory serves me, there is a chat built into the forum. I just looked but couldn't find it so I'm wondering if that feature has been removed. If anybody knows whether it's still available or not, and could post a link to it if it is, I believe it would be the same chat as tapatalk. As in, if a guy logged into the chat with his PC, through the forum, while other's are connected via tapatalk, we would all end up in the same place.

I know I'd prefer to chat on the PC and I have a laptop AND I get an excellent wifi signal in my hunting trailer in the backyard. I hate trying to type on my smartphone...........LOL

I'd be up for Jan 3'd and will try, weather permitting, to get on next Tuesday. I found out yesterday morning the propane heater in my man cave doesn't run at -33 C (-27 F) It's too cold and the propane can't turn into a gas. I'm considering a "battery blanket" around the tank I'm using but would have to buy one. My fellow Canucks likely all know what a battery blanket is (Drew will, he only lives about 240 miles away in northern Alberta as well) and when/why you'd use one. My southern friends in the US, be happy you don't!

On the plus side, when it warmed up to -24 C (-11 F) the heater finally did run so I was able to have a cigar yesterday. For those of you who are "global warming" advocates, come visit me right now, we'll see how you feel about global warming after about 10 minutes outside..............
    IIRC the original forum chat feature, from within a browser, has been removed due to spam/abuse of some sort. Someone correct me if I'm wrong here but I think we will have to continue to use Tapatalk for chat.

In the meantime I plan on showing up on Tapatalk chat this coming Tuesday 12-13-2016 @09:00 EST.

~Edward G. Robinson
    =====
    ~EdgeMan
    =====

It seems I have a training exercise on Tuesday night, so I won't be able to make it after all... Maybe next time.
    "I have made it a rule never to smoke more than one cigar at a time." ~ Mark Twain

"Internet quotes are always 100% accurate." ~ Abraham Lincoln

Blog Entries

Default It's late but I'm still game for tonight.

I'll make some coffee and light up a smoke. Should anyone join me that would be good. It's 09:41 CST right now. I should be smoking by 10:00 CST. I'll check Tapatalk chat for time to time.
    ~Edward G. Robinson
    =====
    ~EdgeMan
    =====

Blog Entries

Default Anyone up for a HERF Tonight?

I'll be checking tapatalk chat in case anyone else wants to join. Starting in 5 minutes...
    ~Edward G. Robinson
    =====
    ~EdgeMan
    =====

Blog Entries

Just a reminder that tomorrow (Tuesday Jan 3rd) I hope that we'll be able to herf-in the New Year.

I will be on Tapatalk starting an hour earlier - from 8pm Eastern.
    Craig

Thread Information