Thread: Cigar of the month clubs.

1. Default Cigar of the month clubs.

Anyone a member of any of these subscription clubs? I've seen serveral of them advertised in magazines and websites. Are they worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeefan2 View Post
    Anyone a member of any of these subscription clubs? I've seen serveral of them advertised in magazines and websites. Are they worth it?
    I did it briefly when I first started smoking cigars with a company located in my province here in Canada. It was a great way to try some new cigars but it was a bit pricey for my taste in the long run. I suppose I would have continued longer than the one year I tried it had it been more cost effective.

I think if you're new to cigars, can afford it, have access to a trustworthy site, then it could be a great idea for a year or two. Just my opinion though so keep that in mind.
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

Word of caution - stay away from Thompson's...

I would recommend against, personally. If you've got a local shop, stop in and say hi.

I'm lucky to have a tremendous amount of cigar shops within minutes of my house, so YMMV, But, there's no substitute for one on one conversations with shop owners, employees and patrons.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreekTitan View Post
    I would recommend against, personally. If you've got a local shop, stop in and say hi.

I'm lucky to have a tremendous amount of cigar shops within minutes of my house, so YMMV, But, there's no substitute for one on one conversations with shop owners, employees and patrons.
    Excellent advice TGT andI have to agree with it.

Sadly for me, the nearest cigar store is about 120 miles away. But, whenever I'm in the city and near it, I always pop in and say hi and pick up a couple sticks. The owner of my favorite store, and all his employees, happily make recommendations which I've taken to heart every time. I've always been very happy with their recommendations and a couple have made it to my regular smoke list.

I never thought to mention that the biggest reason I used the sampler thing was due to my distance from a decent store. If I lived in the city, I wouldn't have bothered.
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

Thread Information