Thread: hittin the pipe

Blog Entries

Default hittin the pipe

I know the cigar forum is slow, like, really slow, so, the pipe room is prolly even slower...BUT

I have been revisiting this lately. Very enjoyable, and getting a better hang of the ritual. Thanks to all you guys that hooked me up with this assortment that I still have. Today:

The Connoisseur's Flake
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Blog Entries

I am going to the pipe more and more. The main reason I do is lighting a cigar is an hour + commitment. I can smoke a pipe for a few minutes, set it down and come back to it any time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

i've just been finishing these bowls when i load them up.

I should probably do a full blown cleaning on all these again. I dunno.

Uncle Tupelo

My wife has always told me that my cigars stink. In the same breath she'll say, "if you smoked a pipe I'd let you smoke it in the house"

When my wife quit smoking the last time she started puffing on a pipe. She got right into it there for a while. Eventually she started smoking cigarettes again and has left her pipes and tobacco untouched for months now. I'm thinking I'll steal them from her and start smoking the pipe. I'll see how she feels about me smoking in the house when winter rolls around and if she doesn't mind, I may cut cigar smoking down to one every few weeks in the winter and enjoy a pipe (in the house) instead!
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

Blog Entries

Having this again:

The Connoisseur's Flake

It's fun. Some are harsh, or maybe my pipes need cleaned and re-seasoned. I know some need a filter. I just haven't had the time to hit a tobacco shop lately. Lots of tongue bite on some, but as one of my quotes says, I just like to smoke.

Will

Uncle Tupelo

My son bought me a pipe and some baccy for my birthday. I have now added 3 more pipes and 4 more tins of baccy. Its looking like this will be a nice less expensive hobby to begin. We shall see. Any tips from the pros?
    May your ashes be long and your smoke be plentiful...

I did start smoking the pipe over winter. I've cut cigars back to 1 every week or 2 (compared to 2 or 3 per week) and have smoked the pipe..........in the house, maybe once a week or so. I have a couple premixed tobacco's I enjoy - Frog Morton "One the town" and "On the bayou" and two custom blends from my favorite B&M ..... D459 and I forget the name of the other one.

All 4 are very rich and tasty and the best part is, when it's -30 (or colder) outside, I can sit in the living room and light up while watching TV with the wife!
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

Thread Information