Thread: Review: Cigar Factory New Orleans

Blog Entries

Talking Review: Cigar Factory New Orleans

I stopped by the Cigar Factory New Orleans on my trip to New Orleans for the RTDA 2005 trade show. Located on Decatur Street, it’s conveniently right between two of my favorite places in the French Quarter, The Kerry Irish Pub and Café Dumond. I came in at 10:30 PM and was very happy to see a few craftsmen still at work.

One of the guys who worked at the shop was very helpful and allowed me to take some pictures of the place. The staff was very helpful and friendly and I really enjoyed watching the cigars being made. I grew up going to my grandfather’s factory down in Miami and it brought back a lot of old memories.

I wasn’t going to get any cigars (especially since I had been at the convention smoking all day). I’m a sucker for a good Maduro wrapper. Watching that dark, oily leaf being rolled onto the bunch changed my mind real quick. I ended up getting a “Tres Hermanos” Numero 1 50 x 6 7/8" which is listed as “a full bodied robust smoke with a Mexican Maduro wrapper” on the Cigar Factory New Orleans website. I found it to be a bit milder, but then my pallet was a bit fried from smoking 8 cigars from breakfast to dinner time. I headed down to The Kerry Irish Pub and relaxed while drinking a few Guinness pints and a Car Bomb.

If you are ever in New Orleans, I highly recommend stopping by the factory. It’s a very nice experience.
    Last edited by hex1848; 08-08-2005 at 10:33 PM.
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

Blog Entries

Default Cigar Factory New Orleans Pictures

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

Great Pictures!

Wow, great report and fantastic pictures, thanks Hex!!!
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

A tour of a cigar factory looks like a great time. Anyone know of a cigar factory in Southern Florida? I will be in Naples, FL next month but I think I am going to take a trip over to Miami and maybe even down to the Keys. It would be a great reason to make the trip!

Blog Entries

I wanted to bump this thread up. It’s pretty sobering to think that this place is probably under several feet of water right now.

I hope all the BOTL’s are safe, the guys I met who worked here were very friendly and helpful and the cigars were/are great.

If the place is safe. Hopefully no one is looting the store!!!

I have been here before and it was awesome. It is my favorite memory of New Orleans.

A five minute walk from Cigars International.

Anybody know if they made it out okay?

Yes they made it ok. You can still order stuff from their website at http://cigarfactoryneworleans.com/

11. Default

Guinness good! Just interested in what is in a car bomb served up over there. Over here it consisted of semtex and car, oh and people of course...lots of bits of people.
    Wonder if any pubs in England would be crass enough to start selling 747 slammers, or suicide towers ( could be two drinks in high ball glasses) ???
    No, probably not.
    Last edited by watty; 11-18-2005 at 07:22 PM.
    steel true, blade straight....Headstone of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Quote Originally Posted by watty
    Guinness good! Just interested in what is in a car bomb served up over there. Over here it consisted of semtex and car, oh and people of course...lots of bits of people.
    Wonder if any pubs in England would be crass enough to start selling 747 slammers, or suicide towers ( could be two drinks in high ball glasses) ???
    No, probably not.
    what the shit is this?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteWidow
    what the shit is this?

If you read the first post in the thread, you will notice that he is talking about what I drank with my cigars after I left the factory.

A Car Bomb here is a basically half a pint of Guinness and a shot of 1/2 Irish whiskey 1/2 Irish cream. You drop the shot glass in the pint and chug.

Here are my pictures from the Cigar Factory

http://www.angelfire.com/blog2/whitewidow0/cigars/

Thread Information