Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: backwoods

Default backwoods

i was stopping by 7/11 the other day and i noticed they had backwoods, but didnt have enough money for them. i think they came in several different kinds but next time i visit im thinking of getting the sweet aromic ones. what do you guys think of backwoods? also, do backwoods need to be humidified?

this is a j/k right?

bboy, I don't think you'll find anybody here who will be able to give advice on gas station cigars other than, "Don't smoke them!!!"

Go out and buy yourself some real cigars, you can get decent, not great, or maybe even good cigars for around 1-3 dollars each. Cigars aren't like cigarettes, you shouldn't be able to buy them by the pack for a few bucks, they're a different experience. If like you said, all you can afford are gas station smokes, then I guess that is all you can do, but I encourage you to look for something better. Get rid of your internet and buy some good cigars, the money you'd normally put to that each month can go to cigars.
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

Blog Entries

Who buys Cigars at gas stations?

Blog Entries

If you got the choice between swisher sweets, el productos, white owls, and back woods, I would probably go with a back wood myself (unless I'm not purchasing for tobacco smoking, then I would go with a swisher king )
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by BigMacFU
    bboy, I don't think you'll find anybody here who will be able to give advice on gas station cigars other than, "Don't smoke them!!!"

Go out and buy yourself some real cigars, you can get decent, not great, or maybe even good cigars for around 1-3 dollars each. Cigars aren't like cigarettes, you shouldn't be able to buy them by the pack for a few bucks, they're a different experience. If like you said, all you can afford are gas station smokes, then I guess that is all you can do, but I encourage you to look for something better. Get rid of your internet and buy some good cigars, the money you'd normally put to that each month can go to cigars.
    He said he was at the 7-11 and did not even have enough money to buy Backwoods. He must have had a couple pennies in his pocket. Maybe he could pawn his bicycle for some money to buy some.

Don't be too hard on guys like this. You have to understand that the only experience most people have with cigars is what's sold at the gas station or supermarket. It's where 99% of americans are conditioned to buy their tobacco. Hell, most tobacco shops these days don't even have a good assortment of premium cigars!

Quote Originally Posted by Kenyth
    Don't be too hard on guys like this. You have to understand that the only experience most people have with cigars is what's sold at the gas station or supermarket. It's where 99% of americans are conditioned to buy their tobacco. Hell, most tobacco shops these days don't even have a good assortment of premium cigars!

I agree with you. I've even seen a great number of smaller shops that will carry Swisher Sweets, El Productos, White Owls...and don't you dare forget about Hava Tampa's. Not that I would smoke any of these "cigars" but they do sell more of them than all the Dominican, Nicaraguan, Honduran and Cuban cigars combined.

Let's work with bboy and try to bring him up the food chain a few levels.

Quote Originally Posted by hex1848
    If you got the choice between swisher sweets, el productos, white owls, and back woods, I would probably go with a back wood myself (unless I'm not purchasing for tobacco smoking, then I would go with a swisher king )

If you saw what the backwoods smokes are made out of, you'd puke... It's some type of "vegetable" product that is formed into sheets, shredded and formed into a "tobacco-like" cigar...

i mean i dont get why some of you guys are dissin. i live in oakland where not everything goes my way, especially when i have to live on poverty. and 711 was charging me a whole lot. like 7 dollas a pack. im also considering peach optimos because they are cheaper, but yeah, i mean maybe your a rich asshole that lives in a 10 story mansion. but that aint my story.

I smell troll.

`
    `

Disclaimer: All views made on The Hugh Jorgan Show ® are the opinion of Hugh Jorgan Productions, Inc. ® and do not reflect the views of our sponsors.

Quote Originally Posted by bboy
    i mean i dont get why some of you guys are dissin. i live in oakland where not everything goes my way, especially when i have to live on poverty. and 711 was charging me a whole lot. like 7 dollas a pack. im also considering peach optimos because they are cheaper, but yeah, i mean maybe your a rich asshole that lives in a 10 story mansion. but that aint my story.

I would guess you may find better company in another cigar board - there is no discussion whatsever about Backwoods smokes or peach Optimos here. You should look for the "I'm not a rich asshole that lives in a 10 story mansion" website to discuss your cigar hobby.

I don't live in a 10 story mansion, it is only 4.

I had to abandon the first 10 stories of mine when the linen got dirty!
    I thought it was a tampon joke!

15. Default

hey bro its cool, we smoke what we can smoke, if thats what your into smoking or thats what's available than I guess its better than ntohing. look into the philly's, I think its buy one pack for 3 bucks get one free. if you get into a tobacco shop there are many cigars that are under 5 bucks that are great smokes. AF Short story etc etc etc. good luck adn sorry about the unwarm welcome.

K&P

Quote Originally Posted by Korean&Proud
    .. good luck adn sorry about the unwarm welcome.

Mr. Hospitality?

`
    `

Disclaimer: All views made on The Hugh Jorgan Show ® are the opinion of Hugh Jorgan Productions, Inc. ® and do not reflect the views of our sponsors.

Maybe you should GET A JOB so you can afford some real cigars

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Jorgan
    I smell troll.

Blog Entries

i mean maybe your a rich asshole that lives in a 10 story mansion. but that aint my story.
    Actually when my brothers are deployed we live in tents and our familys live in a small houses that most people walk away from when looking to rent. Some of my brothers and sisters in arms are living on foodstamps. However, I'm not complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese
    I would guess you may find better company in another cigar board - there is no discussion whatsever about Backwoods smokes or peach Optimos here. You should look for the "I'm not a rich asshole that lives in a 10 story mansion" website to discuss your cigar hobby.
    LOL! Weilder of the razor wit as always Ggiese! By the way Bboy, you're out of line with the obscenity. You should read the board a bit before posting. Ignorance of your surroundings can lead to problems anywhere.

Anyway, on a more positive note. Half the fun of any hobby is learning about it, and you can learn a lot from this site. Even if you can't afford, or don't want premium cigars right now, the knowledge on this site is absolutely free.

Thread Information