Thread: Rocky Patel Vintage '92'

Default Rocky Patel Vintage '92'

These sticks rock! They have a nice sweet, spicy, cedary flavor. These and the Fire cigars are now my two favorites. Highly recommended!

TheyCallMeManiX Guest

you know, i was gonna do a review but i did a search and since i already saw one i didnt . . . i had this one this sunday night. it was not bad.

didnt burn hot untill the very end. it got minty and then spicey at the end too.
    it was complex to me in that i couldnt quite put my finger on it(funny haha, i know) . . . the taste that is. it wasnt very strong(unless my taste is changing and im getting more used to the stronger stuff . . . i had a ligero the other night that didnt do what i THOUGHT it would to me) it was a bit of a weird draw at first which later had easier pull. plenty of smoke to start out. i think i had the ONE that was badly rolled cause the cap fell right off and most of the top part of the cigar flaked off in my hand.

all i can tell you about this is that i got it from the shop and brought it home to my travel humidor for a while(ranges from 60-65%.) it sat in an open baggie for about a day and a half along with about 6 other cigars and a freshly filled oasis(floral foam thingy-small about the size of 4 snapple bottle caps stacked on top of eachother)with distilled water. hygro never read above 70 or below 59-8 so i cant imagine its a humidity problem.

i did however notice that although it smelled like a hint of heaven to me, it wasnt spectacular and became a BIT of of task to finish it up. . . . put it out after the bottom band(has two bands- one right under the main one that is about half its size)

the most i could get out of it was 1 inch of ash
    when it fell, it was a 50/50 held together and becoming dust.

it was a white on black ash as is described and if lit properly, shouldnt give you TOO MUCH trouble keeping a nice even, round ash. this one didnt go out on me even after letting it sit for a little while as i attended to a question from the wifey etc.

would i buy it again?: yes, at the very least, to give it another shot

would i recommend it?: well, i would honestly like to try it again before i did that whole heartedly but if i were take into consideration that i just had a bad one by chance(because of the cap falling off etc) then yes. i definately would if you like/are looking for a medium to bold(way more medium than bold) smoke that will treat you right all the way to the end.

final comments: you will enjoy the beautiful bouqet of this cigar. its a versatile cigar in my opinion . . by which i mean, its great for a sunset on the balcony or a night in the smoking room of your library in the east wing of your estate ;)

negative comments: you'll notice i didnt say the word "smooth". i just couldnt find it here. it wasnt too much, to the point of "eww" it just wasnt creamy. but then again i dont think it was meant to be obviously

Try the RP Connecticut. I have really enjoyed those lately.

TheyCallMeManiX Guest

thanks for answering THAT question . . . lol i wondered . . .

RP vintage 92 certainly isn't a creamy cigar. It's spicy sweet and cedary. A medium body does describe it well. Flavor is very subjective to different people. IT products seem to have a definative signature flavor profile and I just happen to like it. I wonder what it is they do differently to get that flavor from their leaf?

TheyCallMeManiX Guest

" . . .Guannooooooo . . . "

lol

Bat poop is the secret ingredient! AAAACCCKKK!!!!!!

TheyCallMeManiX Guest

Ahhahahahaha . . .thats a good laugh

although(and i hope you understood) i was kidding, i have heard there ARE some companies who DO use guano in the fields(as a fertilizer i imagine-NOT- as a creamy filling of some sort lol)

Really? And what about twinkies mister!

How do you explain away those!

TheyCallMeManiX Guest

i can see khalua flavored cigars but . . .come ON maaaN(in best will ferell voice) twinkie flavored cigar?!?!?!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kenyth
    Bat poop is the secret ingredient! AAAACCCKKK!!!!!!
    Bat poop??? Sign me up!

Moo
    "Chicks dig me cuz I rarely wear underwear, and when I do, it's usually something unusual"--Bill Murray, "Stripes"

Hey, did you notice that the price on these went up drastically? It's $40 for a fiver now! You can get a whole bundle of Vint. 92 churchill seconds for just a little more than that!

Quote Originally Posted by Kenyth
    Hey, did you notice that the price on these went up drastically? It's $40 for a fiver now! You can get a whole bundle of Vint. 92 churchill seconds for just a little more than that!
    How are the seconds? I saw them somewhere and they were moderately priced, but I didn't lay down the dough because I didn't know enough about them (and didn't have much room for them anyway)

I'm ordering some, so I'll let you know whenI get them.

littlehavanacigars.com has fivers of them for 32 I believe. I've ordered from them, but never ordered cigars from them. So don't know what kind of condition they keep their cigars in.

16. Default

Very good smoke in my opinion. I bought two boxes but didn't really wait to let them settle down. I had some burn problems but overall the quality was exquisite. I attribute it more to the fact I smoked them straight from the store.

I have a 1/2 box sitting back which I am sure I will enjoy in the future.

The seconds are pretty good by the way, especially for the price! Not quite as good as the regulars, but definately nice!

Thread Information