Thread: How is this for a newbie humidor?

1. Default How is this for a newbie humidor?

http://www.cheaphumidors.com/Merchan...ode=SMHUMIDORS

if it is good, what upgrades should i get?

I suggest to buy a bigger humidor. I myself bought my first 75 capacity humidor with about 50 cigars. But I bought more more more cigars to age and I had to buy a 150 capacity humidor. Now even that's not enough for me. If you wish to save money on humidor build a coolidor. I heared it cost about $45 and it has infinity capacity.

3. Default

No I wouldnt recommend anything under a 100 count bro,trust me
    The older I get ,the better I was

I agree, way too small.

Buy a larger humidor or build a coolerdor / tupperdor if the cost is a factor.

`
    `

Disclaimer: All views made on The Hugh Jorgan Show ® are the opinion of Hugh Jorgan Productions, Inc. ® and do not reflect the views of our sponsors.

I went tupperdor for cheapness/portability, but already plan to buy a smaller 75 ct humidor and a recent thread has me planning to convert a nightstand or something similar into a cabinet humi. Although that last project depends on whether it will actually be cheaper than buying one...we'll see.

Blog Entries

Too small. Trust me on this.......
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

They have a 75-100 model in the imperfect section, maybe check that out. I got a 175-200 one imperfect from them for $60. They also have deals on friday nights too, so wait till then and see what you can save. Nice products for the money though either way.

My first humidor was a 60 cap. It was fine to start out. I would not go any smaller than that. Now, that I am into smoking cigars all the time, I need to find a bigger one.

TOO SMALL!

A waste of your $20 in my opinion. That is not to say that it won't work. It may very well be a good humi that holds RH well. However, you will find out, very soon I think, that it is way too small and you will be wanting to get something bigger. Save that $20 and put it toward something like these:

Cordoba Humidor

Vizcaya Kit

The Chalet

Or if you do not have that much $$$ and want something smaller (although I would say this is still too small) I would suggest:

Sao Paolo

The other option of course is the "Tupperdore" or "Coolerdore". You can find info on those throughout the board.

WELCOME to CS.
    Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry. - - Mark Twain

It's the humi I have for upstairs to keep smokes handy. I have a small tupperdor in the basement for the overflow.

Thread Information