Thread: Cigars & Stomach Aches

1. Lightbulb Cigars & Stomach Aches

Hi Everyone,

I was just curious, but does Cheap Cigar = Bad Stomach Ache? Or what causes one to get one exactly?

I smoked a Montesino Toro (recommended from the cigar shop guy) a couple of days ago. I felt buzzed, my stomach hurt and felt pretty gnarly for a while. Didn't have a big meal or drink anything with the cigar.

Is this my body telling me that it was a crappy cigar and to never buy it again?

I smoked a Romeo Y Julieta 1875 last night and I felt pretty darn good!

Anyone else experience this?

toledo,ohio 1440 royalton toledo oh 43612

Quote Originally Posted by godfather
    Hi Everyone,

I was just curious, but does Cheap Cigar = Bad Stomach Ache? Or what causes one to get one exactly?

I smoked a Montesino Toro (recommended from the cigar shop guy) a couple of days ago. I felt buzzed, my stomach hurt and felt pretty gnarly for a while. Didn't have a big meal or drink anything with the cigar.

Is this my body telling me that it was a crappy cigar and to never buy it again?

strong nicotine = stomach ache for me when i first started ,doesn't realy bother me too much anymore
    I drink a great deal.I sleep a little,and i smoke cigar after cigar.That is why i am in two-hundred percent form
    -Winston Churchill

had you eaten much when this happened?

Typically, if I smoke a very strong, or very large cigar on an empty stomach, I may get a stomachache, yes. Some smokes are called "full-belly" smokes for that reason. WIth one of my favorites, LGC Series R #7, you better have just eaten a good size meal and be sitting down!!!
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Drake
    had you eaten much when this happened?
    Nah, just had a normal meal and smoked a few hours after.

Default Just to let you know.....

Montesino is the first Fuente (Arturo Fuente) produced cigar. Certainly an affordable cigar but by no means a cheap cigar.

Nicotine overdose!!!!

You'll grow accustomed to such things over time. Be sure to have some food in your stomach before you smoke foro now.

Nicotine OD will cause a light-headed, queasy feeling. It may be accompanied by stomach ache followed by headache. Severe cases usually result in vomiting! Eeeeeew!!!!!!!

Even still with me, after smoking cigars for eight years or so, if I smoke a large cigar too quickly or have a very strong one after smoking mild ones for a stretch I will get the nicotine dizzies on a rare occasion.

Don't panic. Eat. Smoke. And take big or strong cigars slowly!
    Last edited by MMAB; 09-01-2005 at 05:42 PM.

Also if you're producing alot of saliva, spit it out, don't swallow it.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by MMAB
    Montesino is the first Fuente (Arturo Fuente) produced cigar. Certainly an affordable cigar but by no means a cheap cigar.

Nicotine overdose!!!!

You'll grow accustomed to such things over time. Be sure to have some food in your stomach before you smoke foro now.

Nicotine OD will cause a light-headed, queasy feeling. It may be accompanied by stomach ache followed by headache. Severe cases usually result in vomiting! Eeeeeew!!!!!!!

Even still with me, after smoking cigars for eight years or so, if I smoke a large cigar too quickly or have a very strong one after smoking mild ones for a stretch I will get the nicotine dizzies on a rare occasion.

Don't panic. Eat. Smoke. And take big or strong cigars slowly!
    Ok, that definitely makes sense. Thanks for the tips and explanation. Thanks to everyone else who has responded so far too

When I was just getting started i smoked somethin a friend gave me... a really full bodied smoke...

I had studied through dinner cuz of a test and was relaxing after the test and hadnt eaten yet

i got cold sweats and the shakes and extremely dizzy and naucious... i could barely stand... had to lean against the wall to stay standing...

But i finished it... wasnt gonna let a good cigar go to waste...

had to slow my draws down really slow... only taking a draw every few minutes... helped me feel a bit better...

right after I was done I went and got a meal and felt way better pretty soon after eating.
    -=JStrider=-
    ~a woman is only a woman, but a good cigar is a smoke. -- Rudyard Kipling

~Clatto Verata Nicto

Quote Originally Posted by godfather
    Hi Everyone,

If you felt nauseus, light-headed, and quesy/clammy, and broke out in a cold sweat, that could mean that the tobacco in the cigar wasn't cured, processed or aged properly...often you can smell the ammonia in the cigar...when that happens it's because of the high nicotine content and tar left in the leaf...see page 68, Complete Idiot's guide to Cigars...

11. Default

If you felt "buzzed" it was probably the nicotene. Try drinking a glass of Cold water when you start feeling sick. It always works for me.
    "I Smoke in Moderation.... Just One Cigar at a Time." Mark Twain

After the first cigar i had i felt sick to my stomach and i went home and threw up. It was because i had tobacco in my stomach. I didnt notice it but i had sallowed alot throughout the night and my body didnt like it. If you felt flakes go into your mouth and u didnt spit them out then that could be the cause for this. Hopefully this won't happen again so you will be able to smoke all of your cigs but if for any reason you feel sick more often, send some of us those cigars.
    Smoking a cigar is very fun.

That feeling happened to me once, because I accidently inhaled a few puffs.

A five minute walk from Cigars International.

I dunno about cheap cigars, but I find a good cigar can help calm the stomach.

Thread Information