Thread: Humidor Pictures

Default Humidor Pictures

As promised, here is my desktop humidor that I built. Its made of pine with a dark red stain, urathane clear coat to keep it from smelling like pine. It has 1/4" copper accents on the front that were all hand bent- they used to be straiter but I dropped it and they wont stay in place the way they used to anymore. Its holds about 28 mixed size cigars, has two plexiglass shelfs (didnt feel like taking the cigars off them to take pictures). Has two bead tubes for humidity controle, no hydrometer... not that worried about it- the beads do the job. Sorry about the quality of the pictures, all I had was black and white film for my good camera so I used one of those throw away ones. I dont have any pictures of my chest humidor yet- its not cosmetically finished so not much to look at.

Empty with lid open.

Few cigars of differnt sizes so you can get an idea of the size of space inside.

Lid closed.

Front, cigars to show depth.

Front, lid closed.

questions, comments, ridicules..

edit - by the way- the wall behind it is burgindy, not pink.

A five minute walk from Cigars International.

Very nice looking. Do you plan on putting cedar in it? Hows the seal?

No plans for cedar, seals nice.

4. Default

Nice work SilentChamber and thanks for sharing!

5. Default

That is VERY nice work. Unlike many home made humidors, it is not just a big box. A+ for design!
    "I Smoke in Moderation.... Just One Cigar at a Time." Mark Twain

Thanks. I dont like plain boxes much, too common run of the mill type thing. Here is the design for the one I'm making for flavored cigars (yeah.. I know what your saying.. but I enjoy flavored cigars on occasion and dont want them contaminating the rest of my stuff). It will be done in butcher block fashion with alternating light/dark wood design.

That is pretty awesome looking. Would you ever make one for someone else if they paid you?

Quote Originally Posted by joshua
    That is pretty awesome looking. Would you ever make one for someone else if they paid you?
    Sure, I'v been thinking of building a few and renting a display spot at a cigar store close to here.

9. Default

That looks like a pretty sweet new design. Be sure to put up a few pics when you get working on it!
    "I Smoke in Moderation.... Just One Cigar at a Time." Mark Twain

That's a gorgeous looking humidor, thanks for posting.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

toledo,ohio 1440 royalton toledo oh 43612

Quote Originally Posted by TheSilentChamber
    Thanks. I dont like plain boxes much, too common run of the mill type thing. Here is the design for the one I'm making for flavored cigars (yeah.. I know what your saying.. but I enjoy flavored cigars on occasion and dont want them contaminating the rest of my stuff). It will be done in butcher block fashion with alternating light/dark wood design.

Is it going to be pink to match your wall
    I drink a great deal.I sleep a little,and i smoke cigar after cigar.That is why i am in two-hundred percent form
    -Winston Churchill

that wall allways shows up pink in pictures. Its accually a real dark burgindy.

Nice looking humi, good job
    Don't worry about the mule, just load the wagon.

toledo,ohio 1440 royalton toledo oh 43612

JUst joking ,very nice craftsmanship
    I drink a great deal.I sleep a little,and i smoke cigar after cigar.That is why i am in two-hundred percent form
    -Winston Churchill

15. Default

Quote Originally Posted by TheSilentChamber
    that wall allways shows up pink in pictures. Its accually a real dark burgindy.
    I have a guy on my football team (210 lbs runningback who LOVES to hit people) with a pink phone.

He says it's "Jolly Rancher Red"... Maybe he should say it's burgundy...

.....97.......I can feel the seniority starting to set in... Or is that the senility?

That looks very classy.

Thread Information