Thread: Padron Anniversary Natural 1964 Corona (?)

1. Default Padron Anniversary Natural 1964 Corona (?)

Yesterday evening, I smoked a Padron Anniversary 64 Natural, I think it was the Corona.

This a very classy looking smoke. The construction is obviously top-notch, the aroma is amazing, mouth-wateringly spicy, the draw was satisfactory if a little bit tighter than I like, the burn was excellent.

Between the 42 ring gauge and the tightness of the draw, I wasn't getting the volume of smoke I wanted, and when I puffed on it, it quickly heated up to the point that I needed to set it down in the ashtray for a couple of minutes to cool down.

What seemed to be missing was the flavor. Maybe it was because I had smoked a cigar in the morning, or maybe it was the strongly flavored beer I had drunk earlier in the evening, but this cigar just seemed to be completely missing in the flavor department.

I'm not giving up yet. I want to try the Torpedo to see if larger ring gauge will give me the volume of smoke and the flavor I'm looking for.
    Supreme Leader Voltron
    bending over and reaching for the Crisco

I've smoked a half dozen 1964's and all have had a great taste, so you should try them again, maybe something was just off with your palatte that day. Or maybe they're just not for your tastes, so try it again.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

Default I'd agree to try the torpedo

Quote Originally Posted by Corona Gigante
    Yesterday evening, I smoked a Padron Anniversary 64 Natural, I think it was the Corona.

This a very classy looking smoke. The construction is obviously top-notch, the aroma is amazing, mouth-wateringly spicy, the draw was satisfactory if a little bit tighter than I like, the burn was excellent.

Between the 42 ring gauge and the tightness of the draw, I wasn't getting the volume of smoke I wanted, and when I puffed on it, it quickly heated up to the point that I needed to set it down in the ashtray for a couple of minutes to cool down.

What seemed to be missing was the flavor. Maybe it was because I had smoked a cigar in the morning, or maybe it was the strongly flavored beer I had drunk earlier in the evening, but this cigar just seemed to be completely missing in the flavor department.

I'm not giving up yet. I want to try the Torpedo to see if larger ring gauge will give me the volume of smoke and the flavor I'm looking for.
    The torpedo is actually my favorite in the Padron 1964 line.
    Gary Griffith
    Humidor Manager

Cigar-ette City

Email here

Thread Information