Thread: Reviews?

Default Reviews?

I suggest that if anyone is going to post in the reviews forum, it should be in a particular format.

like the title contain only the name of the cigar and manufacturer, and the body of the message contain an actual review of the cigar, not just a one sentence "these are good", or "anyone have these".

Maybe we could have a seperate list for "requests for reviews" or something, but personally, I would like to be able to go to the reviews forum and go to any one of those posts and know i can find a good review of a cigar.

Just my opinion.

Blog Entries

That sounds like a good idea. I will work on a post that we can keep as a sticky in the review forum. I'll probably post it here first so everyone can review.

i agree. if people want to start a 'anybody ever tried a ....." thread, they should start it in the 'cigar' forum

drakes got a good idea....a dedicated "anybody ever tried" thread would be cool i think.

Great idea monkey!

Default Rating format....fill in the blanks??

sounds good to me as well......I have smoked many different brands. Do you have a recommended format, fill in the blanks......type of review. I would really enjoy that, to include "how to properly rate a cigar. What scale 1-10 or a point total to 100??

I agree with jules that this may be a good idea. In another forum I participated in that had several sections for requesting software and ebook titles, the mods ended up coming up with a blank form to use for all requests.

Now i don't know that we need anything that elaborate here because people still need to be able to give their critiques (SP?) , but it would be nice to know that each of these reviews would have some of the basic info you want to see right at the top of the review.

I really use our review section in deciding on new sticks to try, and I think refining the system would be a great thing.

Blog Entries

Default Review Directory

Can you create a "Review Directory" Sticky, where a list of cigars in alphabetic order along with the link to the review can be placed? There are a lot of reviews and the search engine doesn't always find everything when you use it.

I wouldn't mind building a post that contained this information, although, I don't have a huge amount of spare time and it might take me several weeks to accomplish it.

Let me know what you think either way - pro or con; good or bad.
    puro pot pass VI loser

Quote Originally Posted by illilli
    Can you create a "Review Directory" Sticky, where a list of cigars in alphabetic order along with the link to the review can be placed? There are a lot of reviews and the search engine doesn't always find everything when you use it.

I wouldn't mind building a post that contained this information, although, I don't have a huge amount of spare time and it might take me several weeks to accomplish it.

Let me know what you think either way - pro or con; good or bad.
    I like the idea...
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

Quote Originally Posted by slcraiders
    I like the idea...
    me too. but the search works pretty well for me.

Blog Entries

Although the search works pretty good, you can't see a comprehensive list of what's been reviewed and what hasn't. Sometimes, I might have a few minutes and want to write some additional reviews about a particular cigar. Also, you wouldn't have to wade through irrelevant search matches or have to know the exact spelling, etc.
    puro pot pass VI loser

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by illilli
    Although the search works pretty good, you can't see a comprehensive list of what's been reviewed and what hasn't. Sometimes, I might have a few minutes and want to write some additional reviews about a particular cigar. Also, you wouldn't have to wade through irrelevant search matches or have to know the exact spelling, etc.
    This actually could be a good idea for a cigar wiki (I own www.cigarwiki.com, although it is not active right now). It would be nice to have a central database of cigar reviews.

13. Default

I've always liked the top25cigar reviews... Probably a little biased, but at least less biased than the magazines...

I have kind of a unique way of looking at reviews, anyway. I always try to find bad reviews. On something like Amazon, where you have 500 reviews of an air conditioner, I look at the bad reviews. If a guy gives the unit one star because the controls are analog, that's not so bad in my book. On the other hand, if a guy gives the unit 1 star because it sounds like a helicopter taking off, that's not so much fun, (I actually owned an air conditioner that woke me up whenever it kicked on). And frankly, 435 people saying "this is the best air conditioner ever" doesn't help me much...

Yeah, shu'up, the first part was on topic

Quote Originally Posted by hex1848
    This actually could be a good idea for a cigar wiki (I own www.cigarwiki.com, although it is not active right now). It would be nice to have a central database of cigar reviews.
    well lets get cigar wiki going hex....that would be perfect.....just need to come up with a format!!!!!!!!!

labmonkey

I'v got some spair time, I'll go though and put links to all the reviews in one thread and alphabitize them.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheSilentChamber
    I'v got some spair time, I'll go though and put links to all the reviews in one thread and alphabitize them.

That will be awesome!
    puro pot pass VI loser

http://www.cigarsmokers.com/showthre...ed=1#post35557

all 10 pages that are currently in the review forum.

I've always been content with the search function, but this way I can pick reviews at random or see one I was curious about while I'm looking for another. It's nice to have them all in front of you.

Blog Entries

Is there a way to make the review post stay at the top like make it a sticky?? If is IS a sticky, will SilentChamber still be able to work on it?

BTW, let me give SilentChamber another for his fine work.
    puro pot pass VI loser

Thread Information