Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kinky for Govenor

1. Default Kinky for Govenor

Supreme Leader Voltron
    bending over and reaching for the Crisco

2. Default

I'd vote for him just on his "De-wussication" platform. :)

It'd be weird to see Texas leading the charge on Bio-Diesel, though...

Kinky has got my vote De-wussification, classic. His real selling point is bio-diesel though, that stuff is sweet! Although, I will say, once it catches on, Illinois will lead in production since it is the world's largest producer of soy.

Rock, rock on Kinky
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

I saw a short interview with him probably about a month ago on Real Time. If I lived down there I'd vote for him. Seemed like quite a character.

Amanda Guest

I've heard a little about Kinky before. I've liked what I've seen so far. From everything I've heard and seen, Texas politics is in desperate need of a realignment and Kinky could be just what the doctor ordered if given the chance.

Being from Iowa farm country, I'm also encouraged by the long-term prospects of biodiesel...and ethanol. But thus far, I must admit the benefits of the two fuels are being oversold to the public. I don't know the logistics of biodiesel, but with ethanol, you may be interested to find out that 1.3 gallons of oil are burned through in the production of one gallon of ethanol. Now, this ratio is likely to decline as improved technology makes ethanol production more efficient, but for the moment, I roll my eyes every time I hear local corn growers groups talk about how ethanol is making us "less dependent on foreign energy sources." That may be the endgame, and it's definitely one worth pursuing, but we ain't there yet by a long sight.

Make Biodiesel at home!

You can make your own biodeisel if you want. I don't recommend it though. Dangerous caustic chemicals (Sodium Hydroxide, otherwise known as Lye, and Methanol) are used.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenyth
    Make Biodiesel at home!

You can make your own biodeisel if you want. I don't recommend it though. Dangerous caustic chemicals (Sodium Hydroxide, otherwise known as Lye, and Methanol) are used.

Maybe this is what Silent was trying to do. http://www.cigarsmokers.com/showthre...&page=76&pp=10 We really need an exploding emoticon. that'd be sweet.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by basil
    Maybe this is what Silent was trying to do. http://www.cigarsmokers.com/showthre...&page=76&pp=10 We really need an exploding emoticon. that'd be sweet.
    I just assumed it was crystal meth. I understand that's very popular with the young people these days.

I like Kinky for two very important reasons:
    1) he's not Rick Perry, and
    2) he's a big cigar smoker.
    Last edited by Corona Gigante; 09-20-2005 at 11:04 AM.
    Supreme Leader Voltron

Amanda, you're right on with ethanol, but I don't think things will ever get better. The enormous production costs that go into making ethanol viable in fuel are exorbitant, it's like you said, oil has to be burned just to produce it. Bio-diesel I think will be the future, 2 easy to make chemicals added to soy oil, or any kind of agricultural oil, and BAM (a la Emeril, not explosion), fuel. Besides, America needs to get off it's unleaded, refined fuel kick. Gasoline engines are crap compared to the longevity of a diesel. If Honda can make their gas engines go 200000 miles, you should see what their diesels can do.
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda
    I've heard a little about Kinky before. I've liked what I've seen so far. From everything I've heard and seen, Texas politics is in desperate need of a realignment and Kinky could be just what the doctor ordered if given the chance.

Being from Iowa farm country, I'm also encouraged by the long-term prospects of biodiesel...and ethanol. But thus far, I must admit the benefits of the two fuels are being oversold to the public. I don't know the logistics of biodiesel, but with ethanol, you may be interested to find out that 1.3 gallons of oil are burned through in the production of one gallon of ethanol. Now, this ratio is likely to decline as improved technology makes ethanol production more efficient, but for the moment, I roll my eyes every time I hear local corn growers groups talk about how ethanol is making us "less dependent on foreign energy sources." That may be the endgame, and it's definitely one worth pursuing, but we ain't there yet by a long sight.

I couldn't agree more, there are better scientific answers than ethanol, but politics drives the ethanol debate, not science. Put some scientists in charge of finding fuel alternatives and keep the damn politicians out of it and we'll be have the oil monkey off our back and revolutionize the way they world gets its energy!!!
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by cigar no baka
    I couldn't agree more, there are better scientific answers than ethanol, but politics drives the ethanol debate, not science. Put some scientists in charge of finding fuel alternatives and keep the damn politicians out of it and we'll be have the oil monkey off our back and revolutionize the way they world gets its energy!!!
    There's a certain amount of public perception and advertising that goes along with fuels, as well.

They hybrid engine is a GREAT example of marketing. Electric cars seem silly to Americans, but some percentage want the fuel economy of an electric car. Thus the hybrid is born. It's electric enough for the hippies, but also runs off readily-available gasoline.

The trade-off with hybrid cars is weight. It's cute to want to use an electric engine, but the reality is you have to make a car with 2 engines... AND a bunch of heavy lead-acid batteries to run that electric motor. Hmm. That's a lot of extra weight.

We could (and have) made purely gasoline vehicles with better gas mileage than hybrid vehicles (and from what I hear, hybrid cars don't often hit those advertised mpg numbers). But hybrids will continue to be popular because they APPEAR to be more eco-friendly.

And don't even get me started on plastic vs. sheet steel body panels. :)
    (I'm a scientist AND I drive a Saturn)

independent, what's wrong, couldn't face the fact he's a democrat?

13. Default

Enjoy the first KinkytoonTM!

We don't have Rick Perry or Carole Strayhorn money to get our message out, so we're putting our ad online and counting on you to spread the word. Please distribute the ad to friends and family so that it spreads like a bad rumor.
    Supreme Leader Voltron

That was cool. I'd vote for him if it was my state.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by joshua
    That was cool. I'd vote for him if it was my state.

EXCELLENT!!! That way you won't vote Democrat like you normally would have

Thanks to Ralph Nadar, GWB won in 2000
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

16. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86

I think it's more correct to say that it's thanks to the supreme court that Gore didn't win.

But have it your way, Bill.

BTW did the find the WMD yet?
    Supreme Leader Voltron

I thought it was bush's cousin who rigged it? Micheal moore told me it was him!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kayakinboy
    I thought it was bush's cousin who rigged it? Micheal moore told me it was him!
    Did Gore win his home state? KB you're from Tennessee, you tell us.....
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Corona Gigante
    I think it's more correct to say that it's thanks to the supreme court that Gore didn't win.

But have it your way, Bill.

BTW did the find the WMD yet?
    No, actually more like the fact that Bush got more Electoral votes than Gore did
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

20. Default

No, actually more like the fact that Bush got more Electoral votes than Gore did
    Well... 27 of those votes came under order of ol' Jeb...

Regardless of the outcome, I would have liked to see the peoples' voice heard...

Thread Information