Thread: Dannemann Tubes (Pure Havana Filler)

1. Default Dannemann Tubes (Pure Havana Filler)

Hi,

I'm new to this forum, so maybe first a little info on myself. I'm 20 years old and from Bruges, Belgium. I'm a student and a non-smoker (cigarettes, I mean). On occasion I would smoke a nice cigar with friends.

Now on the way back from holiday I bought some cigars in the TaxFree shop in the airport, and i was wondering if they were any good.

They are
    Dannemann Tubes (Pure Havana Filler).
    I bought 10 of them for about 27€
    (they were packaged per 5 for 13,49€)

They aren't that expensive, but it was the best choice they had. I assume they would cost alot more in Belgium, but I have no idea really as Dannemann only sells cigarols in Belgium. The last cigar I smoked costed 15€, so I have no idea what to expect from these ones...

I am not a very experienced cigar smoker!

All tips/hints/opinions on these are very welcome.
    Suggestions to good cigars are also welcome (preferable something available in belgium)

Thanks,
    Michiel

What cigars are available in Belgium? Can you find Monte's or Cuban Cohiba's there?
    "smoking is one of the greatest and cheapest enjoyments in life,
    and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you."-Sigmund Freud

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small" - Mother Teresa

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” – Carlos Casteneda

Welcome to Cigarsmokers! I can't help you with info on those cigars. But definitely check out the assortment of Bolivars, Punches, San Luis Rey's, and other wonderful cuban cigar brands at your local tobacconist. I don't remember seeing any tobacco shops when I was in Bruge, but I was only there to see the Madonna and Child (very disappointing in my opinion compared to something like the Pieta). Anyway, good luck in your search and welcome to the boards.
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

not sure what's in belgium either but i found a list (kind of short) of cigar shops in belgium that you might want to check out. belgium cigar stores also you can order online for just about whatever cigar you want.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
    and I'm not sure about the former." -
    Albert Einstein

5. Default

Hi

Thanks for the warm welcome and all the reply's. Well there are two small cigar/pipe shops in Bruges. But in the week I'm at school in Ghent and there is a bigger one here. Neither are on that list though.

I will write down those brands and check for price's on them.

I was hoping those Dannemann's would be good. But I'll guess I will find out when I try them!

What do you guys use to light them? I normally use just whatever I have nearby... but one friend suggest wooden sticks. Any other tips?

I always had trouble with cigars that I had to cut myself, but these dannemans are pre-cut in tubes.

Thanks again for the warm welcome and the reply's. I'll be sure to post back my experiences with the Dannemann's.

Oh, I remember that we sometimes get a fat Cortez cigar (darkblue tubes). But I'll be sure to check out those brands when these Dannemanns run out. I think I'll try one later this week.

Michiel

i use a colibri torch ligher. you want to stay away from the bic lighers becuase they use lighter fluid instead of butane. butane burns cleaner than lighter fluid and the lighter fluid may impart an unpleasant taste in the cigar. you can also use wooden matches, paper matches burns to fast, at least for me.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
    and I'm not sure about the former." -
    Albert Einstein

7. Default

I'm just guessing, but I'd be willing to bet that these are short filler, machine made cigars, made in Germany with "pure Havana" tobacco which was not of a good enough quality for use in premium, long filler, hand made cigars. Note that there is no indication where the wrapper and binder leaves come from.

They might be OK, but they're probably not going to be wonderful.

Try to find a Montecristo #2 or a Bolivar Belicoso Fino or a Hoyo de Monterey Epicure #2. These should be moderately priced and should give you a better idea if you want to know what all the fuss is about "Cuban cigars."
    Supreme Leader Voltron
    bending over and reaching for the Crisco

8. Default Just tried one

Hi all,

Today I had some spare time so I tried one of the cigars. I lighted it with a cooking fire as I thought it would be a good as it capable of lighting everything up at one time with a good gas. Not that it mathers that much..

The smell was not quite as I was expecting, it didn't have a rich smell. The taste wasn't that great either but it was soft all the way! It didn't have that sharp taste at the end (wich I don't like). It had a long warm taste to it. But as I sed, not that great of a taste.

Well I guess I was expecting too much from a 2,70€ cigar, I just assumed that they would be worth around 5€ here, as I bought them taxfree.

Thanks for your suggestions, i guess I will try one of the suggested brands.

Michiel

Those Dannemann's sound like decent smokes. And welcome to the board!!! Hey guys! We finally have a homey back in Bruges!

Sorry... couldn't resist.
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary and those who don't.

Thread Information