Thread: Cigarbid

Default Cigarbid

I want to thank you for steering me toward the "Devils Website" as jaewing calls it. I can't believe the prices. I recently picked up what works out to be a double Torano sampler 5 pack. For less than the cost of a single 5 pack sampler. These are my favorites. I was wondering what was your best deal on any of the cigar auction sites.
    Remember to breathe

Blog Entries

I don't buy cigars on CigarBid. I'm very selective about what cigars I buy. There are many others though that go to the site and are like kids in a candy store and buy whatever they think looks or sounds good. When CigarBid DOES offer up Aņejos, Padrons and other high end cigars that I like, the idiots bid them up to four or five times MSRP which is insane. I personally have no use for CigarBid.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86
    I don't buy cigars on CigarBid. I'm very selective about what cigars I buy. There are many others though that go to the site and are like kids in a candy store and buy whatever they think looks or sounds good. When CigarBid DOES offer up Aņejos, Padrons and other high end cigars that I like, the idiots bid them up to four or five times MSRP which is insane. I personally have no use for CigarBid.
    SNOB

I am like one of those kids in a candy store

Sherpa Mystic....... I love those......... but I'm not a SNOB like some people

originally posted by Bkcloud114 "I am like one of those kids in a candy store

Sherpa Mystic....... I love those......... but I'm not a SNOB like some people"

ME TOO
    Just picked some up but don't tell anyone
    Remember to breathe

Blog Entries

Default Outstanding Return Policy

I recently won a bid on cigarbid for a Csonka Digital Hygrometer. I opened it up, let it sit in my humidor for 24 hours and then did the salt test for another 24 hours. In neither instance did it register anything about 64% humidiy. So, I conclude that it is fubar.

I call up the customer service at cigarbid and talk to Jessica. She asks for my bid confirmation number, which I give her. Then, she says that they will send out another replacement Hygrometer and a return label for the bad one.

This has to be the most hassle-free return policy I've ever seen. It is nothing short of OUTSTANDING! In this world of diminishing customer service, I have to give cigarbid and Cigars International a BIG thumbs up! They are running a first-class operation.
    puro pot pass VI loser

Cigarbid is great for those exploring the wonderful world of cigars. Just be careful, as CC said, as cigars that are in high demand, idiots will bid way over MSRP for them so you're not always getting a good deal.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

I am glad that cbid is not available to Canada. Even without it I have 3 or 4 cigar shipments in the mail right now.
    {*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

Yeah, I've done real well by c-bid, you just have to do your research and bid smart. If you see it once, you will probably see it again. Just don't get to excited.

And CC is right about the Pardon's and fuente's, you can get anything made by them for less else where. However, you can get Graycliff or Perdomo silvio's below MSRP.

The latest idiot fest I witnessed was when 6 different morons paid 60 bucks each for 1 Anejo shark.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nhcigarfan
    Yeah, I've done real well by c-bid, you just have to do your research and bid smart. If you see it once, you will probably see it again. Just don't get to excited.

And CC is right about the Pardon's and fuente's, you can get anything made by them for less else where. However, you can get Graycliff or Perdomo silvio's below MSRP.

The latest idiot fest I witnessed was when 6 different morons paid 60 bucks each for 1 Anejo shark.
    Yeah, I've been very careful not to pay more for something than I could get it elsewhere. I have been finding that I can sneak 5-packs of some of my favorite cigars for as much as half what JRs or CI want for them. As for accessories, I've also found some bargains. And for boxes of my favorite every day cigar, the 5 Vegas Double Corona, I only have to pay about $1.12 a cigar, which makes me so damn happy! A box for $28.00; yeah, 5 Vegas suck, don't anyone buy them .
    puro pot pass VI loser

I'd just like the chance to get burned there, just the once.
    I thought it was a tampon joke!

CBid is great, as long as you're pretty familiar with what things cost. You also have to be careful to pay attention to what your bidding on. They love small print there. CBid is NOT good for trying to get Opus or Aņejo, or anything that is remotely hard to find. People go crazy when those lots are put up, and they usually get sold for WAY too much.

Btw, I just scored a box of Casa Toraņos on there for about half of retail
    Have you ever thought about maybe turning off the TV, sitting down with your kids...and hitting them?

Yeap Cbid can be a great deal. I've bought a few 5 packs from them. No boxes yet because I don't have the room for them. I allways check the big online retailer's prices to see what kind of deal I would be getting. I think people just get caught up in the whole auction thing and wind up paying too much.

Thanks for the advice on checking retail sites, that's a great idea.

Thread Information