Thread: flor de cano?

Default flor de cano?

anybody smoked those? i'm thinking about ordering some. they're fairly inexpensive.

well, i ordered some. it was $86 with shipping for a box of 25. so unless they are just awful cubans, then i'm sure they're worth it. i'll let you guys know what they're like.

Blog Entries

Not bad. I hope you enjoy them.

excellent! I hope you enjoy them, brother.

let me know how they are...i may pick up a box myself

regards,

matt

i got what i paid for.

Blog Entries

Doh! That sucks man. Keep them in your humidor for a while, they might need to age a couple of months. What was so bad about them?

yeah, that's what i was planning on. they're stamped sept 04. but they just taste very generic. nothing all that great about em. they don't taste bad, just not great. they don't burn very even and they're a little tight.

the other day, i smoked a macanudo gold label and it was the first time i ever noticed a 'fresh' taste. but not a good fresh. like it was too new. and these have that as well.

Let them sit for awhile. It can only help.

well, i smoked another one the other day. its been about a month. definitely a huge improvement. based on this one, they are worth what i paid. the other one i smoked was right when i got it. hadn't spend 1 minute in a humidor, so that could have had something to do with it. it burned very even, it was a little tight, but not bad enough to really complain about. probably gonna let em sit another month before i smoke another.

well maybe by the time you get to the end of that box you may have a pretty decent cigar.

hope the continued aging helps. you gotta take chances now and then.

Blog Entries

The machine mades (which you have) aren't very good. I had some older La Flor de Cano that were hand finished and they were far better than the newer ones.

What specific La Flor de Cano did you buy a box of, Selectos?

selectos H/F

Filipino, born and raised. Now living in Sherwood Park Alberta, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Drake
    yeah, that's what i was planning on. they're stamped sept 04. but they just taste very generic. nothing all that great about em. they don't taste bad, just not great. they don't burn very even and they're a little tight.

the other day, i smoked a macanudo gold label and it was the first time i ever noticed a 'fresh' taste. but not a good fresh. like it was too new. and these have that as well.

i agree...
    You are what you eat. That's why I'm a fat bastard.

14. Default

I bought a 5 pack of these whilst in Turkey recently, had them in my Dor for a while but really didn't help, I've bought machine mades before and these have to be worse than some Alvaro ones I was bought a while back. Draw is far too tight, and one the other day was bitter. Personally I think Jose L Piedra's are the best machine made I've smoked, although it's hit and miss as to how well it's made. Oh, and don't even bother with Guantanamera's, I can't believe good tobacconists actually stock them!

SFG75 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by hex1848
    Doh! That sucks man. Keep them in your humidor for a while, they might need to age a couple of months. What was so bad about them?
    Very good advice. I've had a few cigars that were god awful when I first had them, but that got better after resting nicely for six months to a year. Don't send the verdict to the judge just yet on these.

Thread Information