Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 'Senior Member' title on CigarSmokers

1. Lightbulb 'Senior Member' title on CigarSmokers

I think the status of 'Senior Member' should NOT be based on the number of posts you have, but HOW LONG you've been here at CigarSmokers. 6 months or a year perhaps?

I've only been here a month and already I'm a senior member? 'Member' maybe, but I don't consider myself a senior member at all.

I think making this change will make it so the title has more meaning and significance on this board.

I would agree with Godfather, but I would suggest that it should be a combination of post volume and time registered.

Having said that I generally ignore the status / rank and rely on a familiarity with the quality of the member's posts when determining the value of input.
    I thought it was a tampon joke!

this has come up on every board that i've been on. the ranks are meaningless. there is no true way to know what someone else's knowlege is till you get to know them or respect them. i honestly think the whole ranking system should be scrapped.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
    and I'm not sure about the former." -
    Albert Einstein

How about being able to put whatever you want there... Like "Frank the Tank"

Quote Originally Posted by stjohnroe
    I would agree with Godfather, but I would suggest that it should be a combination of post volume and time registered.

Having said that I generally ignore the status / rank and rely on a familiarity with the quality of the member's posts when determining the value of input.
    I agree, I don't even really look at what their member status is. I mean, look at how many posts SFG had, but, he was nothing but a piece of shit! I just look at previous posts they made and what the quality was to determine what kind of a person they are.

6. Default

I think after a user reaches a certain number of posts, we should make a poll...

Is SuperChuck:

A true BOTL
    An okay guy with a profanity problem
    A jackass
    Ugly
    Ban him forever!
    Raid his house, take all his cigar, and sodomize his cats!

Quote Originally Posted by Kayakinboy
    How about being able to put whatever you want there... Like "Frank the Tank"

Hey I think that's a great suggestion. I want to be the Cigar Samurai!!!
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

Blog Entries

Not a bad idea.. I'll look into it when the new vBulletin comes out.. (waiting on the 3.5 release... they said RC3 should be the last one before the official/stable version).
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

Hey Hex, look at this hack. It uses a variable based on time on the board, amount of posting, etc., to assign Junior, Senior, etc. status. It is one easy xml upload and should take more than a few minutes to do.

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=93831

I want member of the month voting!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese
    I want member of the month voting!!!

Didn't Bill's old girlfriend Amanda want to do that?

I think the titles are pretty meaningless. Most guys who've been around a while have credibility on more than one board. If you just read the threads, you'll know who's a stand-up BOTL and who isn't.
    Have you ever thought about maybe turning off the TV, sitting down with your kids...and hitting them?

Quote Originally Posted by Eshaw99
    I think the titles are pretty meaningless. Most guys who've been around a while have credibility on more than one board. If you just read the threads, you'll know who's a stand-up BOTL and who isn't.

Agreed. Although, I do like the title: Junior Member. It makes me feel young again... ...like a Cub Scout or apprentice or something of the like.
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nhcigarfan
    Didn't Bill's old girlfriend Amanda want to do that?
    No on the contrary, I think it was Corona Gigante that started the "Member of the Month" idea and nominated that psychobitch

I honestly can't remember.......the both of them are all but forgotten
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

15. Default

Ha if I was any more of a senior member you sumbitches would have to call me Mr.and Sir

LMAO

K7
    The older I get ,the better I was

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86
    No on the contrary, I think it was Corona Gigante that started the "Member of the Month" idea and nominated that psychobitch

I honestly can't remember.......the both of them are all but forgotten

Yeah I wasn't really sure how that played out but I wasn't going to waste my time reviewing any of those clowns posts so I just guessed....

I know I guessed right about the girlfriend part..

you devil.

17. Default

I like my Senior Member title and WILL defend it to the death. Any of you chumps try to take it away....Well wait ands see.

Like Eric said...... Post count means nothing

CC has over two thousand post and look at him........ just a big ole bag of hot air
    I'm not big on doing reviews, tobacco doesn't taste like "cocoa" or "nutty" or "mocha" to me, it tastes like freakin' TOBACCO. I know what I like and I really don't care what other people think of other cigars. I've never read a review and said to myself "Wow, that sounds like a cigar I'd like to try!"

I just purchesed my first home in Rochester, Ny

I am pretty new to the site, and I have no idea how you rank system works, nor do I know how many post you need to move up from junior to senior or even if there are any in betweens. But I think it works. I can get a round about idea of what kind of person I am talking to. Just because they are senior doest mean they know what they are talking about, but it means they have been in this site for some time and have built a repore of some type. Now if there is a better way to determine ranking, I'm all for it. I just think that the ranking should count for something.
    And those are my two cents.

Sapper0001
    US, Army(retired)

Quote Originally Posted by cockyhoskins
    Hey Hex, look at this hack. It uses a variable based on time on the board, amount of posting, etc., to assign Junior, Senior, etc. status. It is one easy xml upload and should take more than a few minutes to do.

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=93831

Can we throw the length of our peckers into that equation too?

Wait a minute! I want something that helps me, not one that keeps me a "junior member" the rest of my life! Forget I mentioned it!
    "some people are like slinkies, they're not really good for anything but they can bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs." –Unknown

"He did for bullshit what Stonehenge did for rocks." -Cecil Adams

Thread Information